Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joey.

Aqua Glycolic [Ends Acne. Ends Red Marks]

I've just ordered some Glycolic products from perfectskin.uk.com too. I really hope they work! The reviews on there seem to be quite positive.

I was using Aqua Glycolic and it was getting rid of redmarks somewhat, but I was still getting acne. After about 1-2 months of using it, I just started using the Salicylic Acid that I was using before with the Glycolic Acid and oh my god my redmarks that have been there forever from cysts are almost the same color as my normal skintone! Nothing like that BioOil crap worked for me. I use the Glycolic Acid in the shower (it says use on dry skin but whatever) then I use the Salicylic Acid 2% on top of it, then I let them both sit there for about a minute. Sometimes I will feel a little tingle. Then I get my hands wet and froth it up a little bit before I rinse it off. I don't have any problems with peeling or anything, I guess my face is made of steel. I don't ever go in the sun other than house to car to work and vice versa so I guess it's okay. I've also been using a blue/red light box also, but the cream is what is really getting rid of the red marks. I also take a strong antioxidant formula vitamin, fish oil, and glucosamine, chondroitin, msm, and hyaluronic acid combo to aid in the skin regeneration.

Edit: I use an antibacterial soap containing triclocarbon on my face and body and I use the AHA + BHA at the end of my shower. I also rinse with cold water before I get out to close the pores.

Hi guys! I am considering giving Aqua Glycolic a try. It sounds like a really good product. So here's my story:

I used Retin-A .025% for 12 weeks to get rid of my red marks. It didn't work. Then I used Reti-A .05% for 12 weeks. That didn't work either. I don't have many pimples, but I do get some occasionally. And I've had some of my red marks for up to about 8 months.

Okay, so what products do you guys recommend? Where do I go to purchase them? How do I use them? Are there any side effects?

Thanks!

Aqua Glycolic just made me break out, didnt help acne at all just made more red marks from the new pimples.

Sorry to hear that, sometimes people react to it negatively.

So did you want to try out Aqua Glycolic? If so, try using the cleanser first, you can buy it at the website:http://www.aquaglycolic.com/ or you can go to pharmacies listed:http://www.aquaglycolic.com/aqua_glycolic_pharmacy.asp

hey guys, do u all know if there is moisturizer with both glycolic acid and SPF? and do u all think that aqua glycolic products really help prevent acne??

Thanks for the advice

hey just got the AG product today and am hoping it will help getting rid of these damn redmarks! They are going slowly but damn you need patience... I hate when people say that you have to have patience... I've been waiting 9 years, how much patience do i need!!!

Im now going all out on AHA and BHA to try and tackle this problem. I'm seeing good results so far from Paulas choice 2% BHA lotion twice a day with moisturizer 30 mins afterwards. This has been controlling my acne also instead of BP which is good for acne prevention but no good for redmarks!

Im also planning on using alpha hydrox 10% AHA lotion at night-time instead of paula's choice as i heard using AHA and BHA products together but at different times of the day is a good combo for redmarks... well heres hoping!

Do they sell this in Toronto?

And what do I say when I buy it? 'Aqua Glycolic Facial Cleanser'? And is Aqua Glycolic the brand name or the ingredient they use in it?

And what is 'AHA'? If they don't sell Aqua Gly. Facial Cleanser, can I ask for 'AHA'?

Also I don't know what product people are talking about in this thread... Are they talking about '12% glycolic souffle' or 'aqua gly. facial cleanser'?

Thanks!

Aqua Glycolic is amazing. Now, I've been using it three days and while it hasn't made my red marks amazingly disappear, it softened my skin and reduced the constant flush look of my cheeks. Which in turn, makes them look a lot better.

First Day, I put it on and noticed that all my active acne was red. I was disheartened and just felt like shit after that point.

Second Day, about the same thing, my face didnt look much better but I strived on since I figured I had no other product to really try.

Third Day, I woke up this morning and noticed a lot of white skin where my red marks were, and my active acne is about gone. Amazing. I'm hoping to keep this up and see how it does for me. I'll keep this updated with pictures, so everyone can see my results before jumping into use of the product. :surprised:

Hey Joey - Great!

Do you use the Aqua Glycolic cleanser or toner?

Can you provide a link to where I can purchase the product?

My acne is gone - no more breakouts- - but I have red marks - will this help?

Thank you

hey guys

i have some active acne and also have red marks, so can AG work for the red marks without break my active acne out ?

Does AG work for acne ?

hey guys

i have some active acne and also have red marks, so can AG work for the red marks without break my active acne out ?

Does AG work for acne ?

On the AG website it says improves acne.

And the poster of the thread said it got rid of active acne. I believe. On the first page.

I, for one, Cant speak from experience. Sorry.

I'm so glad I heard about this! the guys who thought of this were genius... mini acid peels, daily!SCRATCH THAT. I just remembered about AHA and stuff... now I feel stupid :P I hope I can find some of this stuff in the stores, ain't a big fan of buying online.

EDIT: the site says the toner is for oily skin. what exactly does it do?

Edited by wellthissucks

aqua glycolic how much does this cost and i have no more acne but will it take care of red marks. whuch should i get for that the cleanser and toner.

Edited by criket

hey can I just use the cleanser on my face and nothing else and still will it clear my red marks anyone please i need help

Sounds like there has been much success with these products... I am considering purchasing the toner myself, as that is the one piece of my skin care regimen I don't have set in stone. I am finally on the track to controlling acne itself, thanks to a recent visit to my derm, but I have horrible hyperpigmentation left in its wake.

Would the toner alone be enough to help, or should I purchase the facial cream as well?

Edited by Sweet Pea

I think I might just try this.

My acne isn't as bad as before anymore, so this might be the kick I need for clear skin!

Plus, everytime I put my make up now it gets so dry because it's fall now and it makes my skin really dry after showering even though I have oily skin.

When I get it, I'll tell you my results!

Should I buy the toner as well, or do you guys mainly just use the cleanser?

Edited by Xephex

just got the cleanser and toner will that alone cure my red marks please help or do i need bezol peroxide to?original poster direct question