Notifications
Clear all

Aqua Glycolic [Ends Acne. Ends Red Marks]

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/03/2007 7:49 am

Aqua Glycolic is amazing. Now, I've been using it three days and while it hasn't made my red marks amazingly disappear, it softened my skin and reduced the constant flush look of my cheeks. Which in turn, makes them look a lot better.

First Day, I put it on and noticed that all my active acne was red. I was disheartened and just felt like shit after that point.

Second Day, about the same thing, my face didnt look much better but I strived on since I figured I had no other product to really try.

Third Day, I woke up this morning and noticed a lot of white skin where my red marks were, and my active acne is about gone. Amazing. I'm hoping to keep this up and see how it does for me. I'll keep this updated with pictures, so everyone can see my results before jumping into use of the product.

MemberMember
(@i_ming)

Posted : 08/03/2007 8:15 am

what is this product?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 08/03/2007 8:39 am

what is this product?

Aqua Glycolic...

It's a cleanser, or face cream, or toner made by Aqua Glycolic. Other members like their products, too. Glycolic is an excellent treatment for red marks and it works on active acne, too, particularly comedonal acne (the kind that isn't inflamed but consists of whiteheads and blackheads and clogged pores).

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/03/2007 5:04 pm

what is this product?

Aqua Glycolic...

It's a cleanser, or face cream, or toner made by Aqua Glycolic. Other members like their products, too. Glycolic is an excellent treatment for red marks and it works on active acne, too, particularly comedonal acne (the kind that isn't inflamed but consists of whiteheads and blackheads and clogged pores).

Exactly. My face looks damn good today and hope this continues. I always read about AHA, but wow.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 08/03/2007 5:31 pm

Which product of theirs do you use?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/03/2007 5:35 pm

just the cleanser. i honestly keep looking in the mirror to see if my eyes are lying. I was on makeupalley (dont wear makeup but it has great reviews) and everyone said how much they loved it. I never use toner and the moisturizer got a horrible score, I figured I'll just try the cleanser out. Again, at first, I felt like an idiot for spending 13$ on something that didn't work till the next few days, my active acne is going away and THE BUMPS!! Oh, those little mf'ing bumps that made my face redder, are going away. I haven't had a new pimple since I started using it, now thats magic to me.

MemberMember
(@aubrey87)

Posted : 08/03/2007 5:37 pm

I've been using the same stuff for about 2 days now and I agree this stuff is really good. A lot of the active acne I had is gone. :D

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/03/2007 5:57 pm

just the cleanser. i honestly keep looking in the mirror to see if my eyes are lying. I was on makeupalley (dont wear makeup but it has great reviews) and everyone said how much they loved it. I never use toner and the moisturizer got a horrible score, I figured I'll just try the cleanser out. Again, at first, I felt like an idiot for spending 13$ on something that didn't work till the next few days, my active acne is going away and THE BUMPS!! Oh, those little mf'ing bumps that made my face redder, are going away. I haven't had a new pimple since I started using it, now thats magic to me.

Amazing Stuff.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 08/03/2007 6:05 pm

:D More glycolic product converts. :) I love glycolic acid myself.

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/04/2007 5:44 pm

I'm wondering if I should take Bactrim. Anyone have any experience with it?

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 08/04/2007 6:24 pm

you can get this stuff at the store?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/04/2007 6:29 pm

drugstore.com

its on sale for like 10 dollars last time i checked.

MemberMember
(@weenie-beenie)

Posted : 08/04/2007 7:25 pm

I've been using a cleanser with Salicylic Acid for the past few months and I haven't really had a bad breakout on my face in a long time. I still have some red marks on my face though but I'm afraid to put glycolic acid on my face because I don't want it to break me out. I'm kinda stuck

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/04/2007 9:24 pm

drugstore.com

its on sale for like 10 dollars last time i checked.

I was scared.. trust me. I break out from everything. Is your acne still inflamed or is it just white heads and red marks?

MemberMember
(@wildflower)

Posted : 08/04/2007 9:35 pm

Glycolic acid is amazing!! I use the 12% glycolic souffle and its made a HUGE difference in my red marks.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/04/2007 11:33 pm

Where can I buy this cleanser? like at a local store? and I have inflammed acne but I only get a small zit every now and then, will it take care of those too?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 08/04/2007 11:37 pm

For those wishing to purchase Aqua Glycolic products, follow the link in one of the posts above to find the Aqua Glycolic website. Within the website is a link called: Where to buy. It shows online dealers or pharmacies, whichever one you wish to pick.

Only use Bactrim or any other antibiotic under doctor's orders/supervision. If it has been prescribed to you, sure, go ahead and use it.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/05/2007 12:16 pm

For those wishing to purchase Aqua Glycolic products, follow the link in one of the posts above to find the Aqua Glycolic website. Within the website is a link called: Where to buy. It shows online dealers or pharmacies, whichever one you wish to pick.

Only use Bactrim or any other antibiotic under doctor's orders/supervision. If it has been prescribed to you, sure, go ahead and use it.

Ok thanks, my BP cleanser that I was using just ran out, so I need a new cleanser now. If I was to buy the Glycolic cleanser, would it give me an initial breakout or is it safe in that respect? Also, do you think that since I have mild inflammatory acne I should just stay with a BP shower cleanser or will the Glycolic cleanser be better?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/05/2007 1:08 pm

Ok thanks, my BP cleanser that I was using just ran out, so I need a new cleanser now. If I was to buy the Glycolic cleanser, would it give me an initial breakout or is it safe in that respect? Also, do you think that since I have mild inflammatory acne I should just stay with a BP shower cleanser or will the Glycolic cleanser be better?

I use Dans Bp for Spot Treatment in conjunction with Aqua. Best Combo at least for me.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/05/2007 3:26 pm

I use Dans Bp for Spot Treatment in conjunction with Aqua. Best Combo at least for me.

Oh alright cool, I have a Neutrogena Spot Treatment or Benzaclin that I use for BP spot treatment so I'll continue that. I just bought the Aqua Glycolic Cleanser at Walgreens, but before I use it I just wanted to ask, Has anyone had an initial breakout from using it? Also should I use it morning and night? And it says it may cause increased sensitivity to the sun, has anyone had that side effect?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/05/2007 4:22 pm

Oh alright cool, I have a Neutrogena Spot Treatment or Benzaclin that I use for BP spot treatment so I'll continue that. I just bought the Aqua Glycolic Cleanser at Walgreens, but before I use it I just wanted to ask, Has anyone had an initial breakout from using it? Also should I use it morning and night? And it says it may cause increased sensitivity to the sun, has anyone had that side effect?

When I first started using it, my existing pimples got very red but now almost 6 days in, I have not had any significant breakout. Its truly a balance, my redness is seriously disappearing more and more each day and while I think the few small bumps I've gotten is just because the prior cleansers I used were so terrible.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/05/2007 4:55 pm

When I first started using it, my existing pimples got very red but now almost 6 days in, I have not had any significant breakout. Its truly a balance, my redness is seriously disappearing more and more each day and while I think the few small bumps I've gotten is just because the prior cleansers I used were so terrible.

ok thanks, that makes me less nervous about it. Do you use it every day?

MemberMember
(@moondoy)

Posted : 08/05/2007 5:17 pm

Interesting...Mr. Red has Aqua actually healed any of your redmarks not just making you stop breaking out and reducing redness?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/05/2007 5:47 pm

Interesting...Mr. Red has Aqua actually healed any of your redmarks not just making you stop breaking out and reducing redness?

Yes, I usually go really close to the mirror to check out my face everyday and noticed my natural skin color in places that were red the last day, I've been taking pictures also and have seen "some" results. Again, its only been a less than a week, so I'll know more after a month.

ok thanks, that makes me less nervous about it. Do you use it every day?

Yup, twice a day. It replaced my prior cleanser. Only thing odd about it is that you have to apply it to dry skin and rub it in, then wet your skin and rub again. It was odd at first, but it works very well.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/05/2007 5:53 pm

Yup, twice a day. It replaced my prior cleanser. Only thing odd about it is that you have to apply it to dry skin and rub it in, then wet your skin and rub again. It was odd at first, but it works very well.

Alright, thanks for all your help. I'll update in a few days and let you know what I think of it.

EDIT: I was curious so I just took a shower and used it, and my skin didnt sting or get that red or anything so I'm hoping that means that my skin will be fine with using it, I'll have to see whats going on in the morning.