Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Froggystyle

Question about Exfoliating on the Regime

when should i do exfoliation in the regime?

some people said do it before, but that was for the brush

i want to use the Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Facial Peel

has anybody used it and is it any good?

i can't order anything online and saw this at the local drug store and it says it has better exfoliating power than most chemicals that they sell on the market

i read some reviews, some people liked it, another person said it made their face red for a while and stung really bad

so my question is...

when do i do exfoliation when i'm using a chemical?

and should i get Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Facial Peel or do you have any other recommendations?

oh and are any of these stuff ingredients harmful?

Ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Mucor Miehel Extract, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Pentylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycereth-26, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben Calcium Chloride, Fragrance.

thanks

oh by the way, i have been on the regime for exactly two months now and it worked

i use to break out in my forehead, cheeks (the worse spot) and the side of my face (the spot next to the eyes where the forehead and cheek connects).

when i started using it the acne started moving down to the lower portion of my face like around the mouth and chin, but the forehead and side of face is pretty much gone except breakout here and there, but my cheeks have got dramatically better (because that was my worst spot) but I still have some to go on my cheeks

but it does work...

i just still have red spots from where i had the acne

i'm using AHA mosturizer and it does help with exfoliation, but i need something stronger that will get faster results

currently use half a bottle of dans cleanser but add about 2oz of CORUNDUM crystals to it(the stuff they use for dermabrasion). The crystals are very fine, but do a good job.

Now that you've adjusted to the regimen and have seen the kind of results you're getting, I think it's okay to try out something like a peel, if that's what you're interested in. I'd use it at night, not during the morning, and this is something you don't want to do too often. Follow the directions on the product, and if it says to cleanser your face beforehand, do that. After you've done the peel, you might not want to use BP for the rest of the night if your face is feeling sensitive. Having never done a peel before, that's the best advice I can come up with for doing it while on the regimen.

For exfoliation, I like using a strong AHA moisturizer every night. It's easy and it gave me good results after a couple of months, and now my skin just has a very nice tone, red marks aren't an issue for me anymore because of time and using the AHA.