Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hallfootball

While on Acuutane....

Is it alright to be using a 1.5% Salicylic acid face wash. Ive been using it with Acutane for the past Month but just wondering if i should switch if it will aggravate my acne more

Is it alright to be using a 1.5% Salicylic acid face wash. Ive been using it with Acutane for the past Month but just wondering if i should switch if it will aggravate my acne more

Im not sure about Salicyclic acid, but benzoyl peroxide(brevoxyl-4) is a 4% BP wash that Ive been using for a week now on Tane. My doc who seems pretty reputable\knowledgable, and im a VERY analytical patient, I question everything. She basically said its fine to use permitting your own skins irritation\dryness. My guess if your on Accutane you already have a pretty good understanding from experience when your face is dry\irritated. You can be the judge of that. I dont see why Salicylic acid wash would be much different, may want to ask your derm.

i use Aveeno clear complexion and im 2 months into accutane

it seems not to be drying or anything so it all just depends on your skin

really!