Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Combined Benzoyl Peroxide and Moisturiser Product??

I have been thinking recently about whether a combined moisturiser and 2.5% bp cream/ gel could be made. This would mean that only one application would be needed in the morning, and one at night, reducing the time taken for the DKR. Does anyone know if Dan has looked into this as a possible product? When you apply moisturiser after you have applied bp, they tend to mix together anyway, before being re-absorbed. So, surely a combined benzoyl peroxide and moisturiser product would work...?

Dan has managed to effectively combine jojoba oil into his new moisturiser...

Somehow, I do not see that working well. I don't know why, but I feel like someone would have tried something similar before. Besides, you might get ingredients reacting in the mixture, and who knows. If you really want to do this, why don't you just mix your moisturizer and BP yourself before putting it on your face?

i guess it could work :think:. only problem is people are very picky when it comes to moisturisers and their ingredients, some burn people others don't...it'd probably be pretty hard to get a mix that's ok for most people.

I got a bottle of clean & clear dual action moisturizer about a month ago. When I got it home I noticed that you could peel the back off for more instructions, warnings, ingredients, etc, etc (the standard stuff you see on all of these types of products). Basically, this thing is advertised to moisturizer and treat pimples (hence the dual-action part).

Anyway, on the back it basically says that dryness may occur so reduce the usage if that happens. But wtf... this thing is part moisturizer and it's supposed to take care of the dryness, not cause it! (okay, technically the acne medication is causing it but you get my point). And sure enough it started to make my skin dry. And when that happens, I normally just use a lot of moisturizer to take care of it. But wait, I can't because it's in the same bottle as the acne medication, which is causing the dryness in the first place.

So I felt quite foolish for buying this 2 in 1 product. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I noticed there was more to the label when I was looking at it at the store. I had to go out and buy a seperate moisturizer.

Sorry if my post doesn't make complete sense.

^ I've used that C&C dual-action moisturizer, and I agree, it's not very moisturizing. If you aren't using any other acne treatments it's okay enough, but the amount of salicylic acid in it is small enough not to work very at helping acne, but large enough to dry you out.

I think making a BP that is moisturizing enough for the large amount you need to keep clear would be very hard.