Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
glenross

is acne preventing you from getting a girlfriend/boyfriend?

just wondering. i am shy and i got crappy skin, so i got it two things against me :(. i know women want a guy with confidence and looks but i got neither.

Yes. Whenever i'm partly clear, I reign supreme down the road of confidence... and on other days, well.. ya.

thats cool.. i never had confidence. the last time i had clear skin was when i thought girls had cooties lol.

I wish I could take a gamble, clear skin forever or shit skin forever... everytime my face takes a turn for the worst, so does my personality. It sucks.. but i'm sure yours isn't as bad.

I wish I could take a gamble, clear skin forever or shit skin forever... everytime my face takes a turn for the worst, so does my personality. It sucks.. but i'm sure yours isn't as bad.

You're right, acne is no excuse, but it's such a hard trial to get thru. Either way acne will change you for the good (being able to look at people for who they are and not judge them), or the bad(bitter resentment long lasting emotional scars etc...) I hope I can look back one day and maybe appreciate it a little (I know that sounds ridiculously crazy.)

i'm a wonderful guy.. i just got to push myself to make the first move. i wish i could just meet someone at school (in my class) or something. i would much prefer talking to someone that i'm around with on a daily basis over a total stranger.

I feel like acne is keeping me from having one. I don't feel like someone should have to be with someone with skin as gross as mine.

The thing that makes me mad is that there's someone I really like too. But whenever I'm around them I act shy and I'm insecure. I feel like if I didn't have acne I'd be more outgoing.

no, acne or no acne we're still beautiful, and believe me, if someone really loves you he/she won't care about acne

It isn't acne that will prevent you from having a relationship, its all in the personality. Just work on your confidence. Get some sharp clothes and a sexy haircut and keep your chin up.

I don't think it's preventing me from having one, but it has lowered my self esteem to the point where I shy away from any attention I receive. Besides, being insecure in a relationship isn't fun.

i hate the confidence word :(.

why can't women just go for shy, warm hearted, genuine, caring, sincere guys?

I'm 25 and single because of acne, yes. Sure, confidence is the key and that MAY be the reason why i'm single. However, acne shattered my confidence with women. Acne is to blame at the end of the day. It's the modern age leprosy when severe enough. I have minor acne now. Well, minor for ME. However, the scars are tremendous.

Oh, and it'll be mostly men who are single because of acne/low confidence. Women will be approached, regardless.

i find a guy being shy very attractive, it seems mysterious and thats always intriguing

Ditto. I much prefer quiet, more introverted people to outgoing ones with bundles of confidence... I feel a lot more comfortable around them, being extremely introverted myself.

Anyhow, I don't think it's my skin which prevents me from getting with someone (though admittedly, it's a lot easier for me to say that now it's at the best it's ever been), it's just me in general. I have a lot of issues with myself which are unrelated to skin, social anxiety, incredibly low self-esteem... the list goes on.

Sometimes I think that if I had a decent personality which managed to shine through maybe someone out there could find a reason to be with me, despite having little going for myself in the looks department... but I just don't have that amazing personality to make up for all that I lack. Why would anyone want to be with someone who's nothing to look at and who can't even hold a decent conversation? :think:

Maybe if I had the energy I'd put it into making myself more likeable and sociable and would be able to get into a relationship regardless of my scars/marks, but I don't, so I'm resigning myself to growing old with dozens of cats. Not too bothered about being alone for the time being, anyway.