Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

How much does it bug you that a product says "acne" on it?

When a product says "Acne" on it in a noticable way  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How does it make you feel?

• I won't buy the product
    • I hate buying it but I will
    • I don't like it but I deal with it
    • I don't really care
    • I like it because I know exactly what the product is for

I'm thinking about making future products with a removable sticker that says "Acne.org" on it instead of having it printed on the bottle. That way you can remove the sticker and the product would simply say, for instance, "Cleanser", or "Moisturizer", without any mention of acne. Your thoughts?

Removable sticker sounds fine, but then there won't be advertisement for where one gets the products.

Removable sticker sounds fine, but then there won't be advertisement for where one gets the products.

That would be somewhere on the back of the bottle, I'm sure, with the ingredients list and other information.

if it has ACNE written in huge letters it pisses me off. Hell i know i have it and i made some research prior to buy the product so why remember me of something i get to see and feel everyday. I would be pissed looking at a lil bottle everyday that says ACNE free or something.

Taking your products for example, The Acne.org in the bottle is practically "unnoticeable". The white from DKR takes the focus away from the acne.org. The 1st thing I or every1 that comes into my room and sees the product is the "plus" and whatever is written in white. Most grab it and then read the acne. The way it is, makes it look serious, not some random product.

That being said, no I dont like the ACNE overexposure on a product :goaway::ghost:

Yes, removable stickers would be a great idea. I, personally, live with my family, and don't really want them to notice any "treatments" that I'm using - it would start awkward conversations.

Can't hurt, anyway.

I'm thinking about making future products with a removable sticker that says "Acne.org" on it instead of having it printed on the bottle. That way you can remove the sticker and the product would simply say, for instance, "Cleanser", or "Moisturizer", without any mention of acne. Your thoughts?

Voted: I don't really care

As long as it doesn't have a picture of my face with my recent break-out on it, with arrows pointing out each nodule, saying "Gross!", I'm fine.

Cam >B)

it bothers me, especially when i have to wash my face in a dorm in front of other people.

so yes i like the sticker idea

I was skeptical at first, but the new tube designs look great. I thought about it and I realized earlier this year, before I was on the DKR, I had products that said Acne all over them, more prominent than yours, and I didn't care. No one did. In fact, if anyone did mention anything, it was like "oooooo can I try some of that?" or "does that work well? I should get some" or something.

I wouldn't find the need to remove a sticker, but I'm ok with it as long as you don't change the bottle too much. If you just made the part that already says "acne.org" a sticker (but didn't make it any bigger or anything) I could care less, you know?

I am at a complete loss as to why the word ACNE on face hygenie products would bother anyone?? I realize that I'm probably a bit older than most posters here (I'm 36), but no one really cares if you use products to clear-up acne. They will probably ask where you bought it since your skin looks so wonderful.

I think someone posted something about people thinking that the cleanser/moisturizer is ONLY meant for someone who has acne, which couldn't be further from the truth. So, in that respect, I would see a reason to remove acne from the products.

I think someone posted something about people thinking that the cleanser/moisturizer is ONLY meant for someone who has acne, which couldn't be further from the truth. So, in that respect, I would see a reason to remove acne from the products.

This is a really good point. I think that some people without acne would be put-off buying a cleanser or moisturizer that says "acne" on it.

This is a really good point. I think that some people without acne would be put-off buying a cleanser or moisturizer that says "acne" on it.

Yeah - which sucks because Dan's is definitely the best cleanser and moisturizer ever and people need to discover it. lol

I don't think people would necessarily be put-off about buying the products, but many people would probably think that it would not be a good match for their skin-type.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but if there are people who are self conscious about it, then I think that the sticker is a good idea

Doesn't bother me at all. All my friends or family who would see it are mature enough to not make a big deal about it. But yes, I agree that sweetblond makes a good point about people without acne might take it literally and will think the product is not for them.

'Acne' is a very American term.

They use the terms 'blemish' and 'spots' on UK labels, so until came here I was unfamilar with it.

Dan,

It's really nice that you're even considering this. In my opinion, it is a little uncomfortable to buy products that say Acne, or Acne-prone skin. It's only out of vanity, but honestly I think it's a little embarrassing. Most people with acne know that BP and Sal. Acid are designed to help acne therefore do not need to see it on the label. Now I don't think that every product in the drugstore should take "acne" off their label because some people just need it to be spelled out.

In the case of your products, it goes without saying, your customers and website patrons are here to find a solution to acne. So labeling the products "acne wash" probably isn't necessary.

All I'm saying is it would be nice to buy some products that are designed for this skin condition that millions of us have without being reminded of it everytime we wash our face. After all, I would LOVE to be able to buy some 'cleanser for normal skin' or something like that...but I don't want to zits so I buy the cleanser that is marketed for "ACNE".

Anyway Dan, whatever you decide to do with the packaging, your products will still be amazing. It's really nice to see a business owner that cares so much about his customers' opinions. :) Ciao!!

i actually dislike that it says "acne.org" on it, even tho i love this site, because i feel weird when friends come over and just chilling, and them looking at my acne treatments...

thats why i hide my dkr products when friends come over

i 100% agree tho that "acne.org" should be somehwere on the bottle, tho in smaller text, maybe in the description...