Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicole marie

STOP INVALIDATING MY FEELINGS!

I am so sickof people telling me that i shouldnt worry about my acne and that its stupid for me to be upset at my terrible skin... Everyone always says "Everyone gos through it, its not a big deal." Its not a big deal? The hell it isnt! And NO not EVERYBODy gos through it. its so frustrating, i actulay break down and cry about it. I could be so pretty, i was always tolod i should be a model and that i was just sooo stunning, blah blah blah until BAM! i was hit with a heavy dose of acne. Lets just say i dont get those comments anymore.. ive weighed al lthe reasons god gave me acne... for modesty? no that cant be it, i was always modest. when people told me i was beautiful i tok it with a grain of salt every time. perhaps he gave it to me so i would appreciate my skin more? NOPE.. cant be that because ive ALWAYS been thankful for my skin when it was clear and nice. To teach me a lesson? What the hell kind of lesson could possibly consist of humiliating acne. I feel UGLY! i feel hidious! I feel terrrible.. and my friends all tell me, what ever its not a big deal, but they have CLEAR skin, glowing clear skin. My parents try to help me out saying, "Nicole your 16, of corse your going to have acne, but your still beautiful, no one notices." WHAT!? thats a lie and a half, i went to the doctor a few weeks ago because i sprained my ancle and he walks in the room and asks if im here for my acne... now tell me if thats not noticable. my brother also does his part to help make me feel better saying that all girls go through it and no one even cares about that, but just the other day i oveheard him talking with a friend going "Brittney... no way shes got acne all over her face, gross much." Im just sick of people invalidating my feelings. im sad, im angry, imfrustrated, I WANT HELP! I WANT IT NOW! in SICK of being hidious! im SICK of being ugly! I WANT A SOLUTION! i feel like i cant even be me. i feel like i cant dress nice because of my acne, like i cant be mysef because of it.

I am so sorry that you're hurting. Acne is miserable to say the least. It is always people with perfect skin that tell us that it doesn't matter. I, too, had perfect skin and then got slammed with hormonal acne. I was devastated. There was a time in my 20s when I wouldn't go out with my friends because my face was such a mess.

I hope you can find a regimen on here that helps you. I have. Although my skin is 99% clear now, I live in fear of it coming back. :pray:

Good luck and a take advantage of the supprt from the many awesome people on here. You'll quickly realize that you are not alone in the battle.

I am so sickof people telling me that i shouldnt worry about my acne and that its stupid for me to be upset at my terrible skin... Everyone always says "Everyone gos through it, its not a big deal." Its not a big deal? The hell it isnt! And NO not EVERYBODy gos through it. its so frustrating, i actulay break down and cry about it. I could be so pretty, i was always tolod i should be a model and that i was just sooo stunning, blah blah blah until BAM! i was hit with a heavy dose of acne. Lets just say i dont get those comments anymore.. ive weighed al lthe reasons god gave me acne... for modesty? no that cant be it, i was always modest. when people told me i was beautiful i tok it with a grain of salt every time. perhaps he gave it to me so i would appreciate my skin more? NOPE.. cant be that because ive ALWAYS been thankful for my skin when it was clear and nice. To teach me a lesson? What the hell kind of lesson could possibly consist of humiliating acne. I feel UGLY! i feel hidious! I feel terrrible.. and my friends all tell me, what ever its not a big deal, but they have CLEAR skin, glowing clear skin. My parents try to help me out saying, "Nicole your 16, of corse your going to have acne, but your still beautiful, no one notices." WHAT!? thats a lie and a half, i went to the doctor a few weeks ago because i sprained my ancle and he walks in the room and asks if im here for my acne... now tell me if thats not noticable. my brother also does his part to help make me feel better saying that all girls go through it and no one even cares about that, but just the other day i oveheard him talking with a friend going "Brittney... no way shes got acne all over her face, gross much." Im just sick of people invalidating my feelings. im sad, im angry, imfrustrated, I WANT HELP! I WANT IT NOW! in SICK of being hidious! im SICK of being ugly! I WANT A SOLUTION! i feel like i cant even be me. i feel like i cant dress nice because of my acne, like i cant be mysef because of it.

i know the feeling about looking in the mirror... i have that all the time. i try to look past the acne and see ME underneath but i cant seem to do it... i tried EVERYTHING! i tried proactive, clearasil, oxyclean.... EVERYTHING... im surrently using murad, acne complexe, but thats not working either... which is frustrating because even the sales rep told me that there were only two products out there that work... either pro active will work for you or acne complexe, and both have failed so i truely feel hopeless....

i know the feeling about looking in the mirror... i have that all the time. i try to look past the acne and see ME underneath but i cant seem to do it... i tried EVERYTHING! i tried proactive, clearasil, oxyclean.... EVERYTHING... im surrently using murad, acne complexe, but thats not working either... which is frustrating because even the sales rep told me that there were only two products out there that work... either pro active will work for you or acne complexe, and both have failed so i truely feel hopeless....

I’m so sorry you have to go through this, I can’t really think of anything to say that’s going to make you feel better or be of much help but have you considered going to a doctor and perhaps giving what they suggest a try? Treating acne is a hard and at most times feels truly hopeless but you’ve got to keep trying and hope that eventually you’ll find something that works. I wish you the best of luck, as hard as it sometime seems try to keep your head up and stay positive.

Well, hopefully with venting you feel at least a little better. And you're right, you're feelings are completely valid. We've all felt that way at some point. I'm 27 and still come tears every once in a while over it. It's just like anything else in life, if you haven't really been there, you can't just dismiss it. Now on that same note, you have to grasp that they really don't understand and they are just trying to help you deal with something that is very difficult. Unfortunately it is one of those cases where you have to be the bigger person as frustrating as that may be.

You're feelings are completely normal! However, so is their response. It took a long time for me to grasp that, but it is the honest truth. Just to give you an idea of what I've dealt with. I was 10 when mother nature came after me. Quite young really. And my face was ravished. Things continured that way into my early 20's and then calmed down a bit. It never completely went away, but it was tolerable. 6 months ago things erupted to a point of being worse than ever. So I go to work every day in a building with all of the other adults who have clear skin and left their issues with acne behind with their teens. Unfortunatly it is noticed. In the professional world as well as social. You just have to find your stride and do what it takes to make you happy. Don't let your acne run your life and keep fighting it. If you haven't already get to your doc and get a referral to a derm. Talk to them honestly and let them help. Stick to your regimen whatever it is and be aware of your lifestyle, environment, and the possible effects they could have. Remember that there is no miracle cure. It won't go away over night. It is going to take time. As general rule of thumb, any new regimin should be given 2-3 months to really see if it has effects.

What I can't stress enough is, don't just sit and wait for it to get better which it appears you are not. Get help. Talk to a doctor, get to a derm. It is a disease or illness and it may not always go away on it's own. Look around on this site. You'll find A LOT of helpful info and people. And remember, WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT HERE. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

you got a good sense of seeing people for what they really are.. a bunch of liars. its true, they say things but in reality they are thinking about your skin or feeling sorry for you. because of acne, i'm now able to spot bullshit from a mile away. i hope you get good skin again :(.

dont listen to people who say 'it isnt a big deal' :naughty: yes there are far worse things in the world,but when your at a certain age the most important thing to you is how you look.sad but true.those people will never understand what its like to be soooooooooo uncomfortable about acne to the point it stops you from doing simple everyday things.but everyone on this site knows what its like so take advantage of that,it can help.

Guest missyjean130

I get that too. People shouldn't write it off as not a big deal...It's a huge deal and creates alot of insecurities about yourself...and I know for a fact not everybody goes though it. I live in a freak society where everyone has amazing skin!

I'm sorry about you having to go through that :(

Here's something else to keep in mind: Your acne is NOT your fault! You didn't do anything bad to deserve acne. It just happened. We get acne because we're unlucky -- it's partly genetic, partly random, and is definitely not a result of our character flaws.