Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
8UALIVE

What kind of acne do I have? Pix Included

Wondering how you guys would rate my acne.

My current regime includes Dermologica MediBac Clearing System. I just started using this last Friday and have seen some improvements. However, I also have Dan Kern's BP Gel on hand which I do not know if I should use. Either the MediBac or Dan's BP Gel, which do you guys recommend?

PIC-0109.jpg

PIC-0108.jpg

PIC-0107.jpg

post-61359-1185825983_thumb.jpg

post-61359-1185825992_thumb.jpg

post-61359-1185825998_thumb.jpg

post-61359-1185825983_thumb.jpg

post-61359-1185825992_thumb.jpg

post-61359-1185825998_thumb.jpg

Looks mild to moderate to me. I'd say something like an oral antibiotic combined with a topical retinoid at night and something like Duac gel or Skinoren during the day would work well.

Looks mild to moderate to me. I'd say something like an oral antibiotic combined with a topical retinoid at night and something like Duac gel or Skinoren during the day would work well.

Looks a lot like mine when untreated. I've tried lots of different things over the years - my current regime (prescribed by my derm) has worked the best.

He has me on 9% Triaz wash (BP) everymorning - leaving it on for 3 minutes in the shower before rinsing, then at night wash with Aveeno Clear Complexion (SA), use Differin gel and take 150mg Doryx (doxycycline) at night. Been using this as is since Jan. 07 and I'm about 80% clear now. (I use BP and SA to spot treat as needed and get the occasional injection for cysts that I can't ignore.) If you don't mind the regime and have good RX coverage, I'd recommend it - it's worked pretty well for me.

My problem is - the RXs are pricey, I'm 30 and I'm sick of being on antibiotics. He recommended Accutane for me last year and I declined. When I asked if I should try going off my current regime at my last appt. in May - he didn't think I'd stay clear and recommended trying tane again. I'll be starting that in September. I'm hoping I won't need to do much after that course.

Good luck - I hope you find what works for you.

Looks a lot like mine when untreated. I've tried lots of different things over the years - my current regime (prescribed by my derm) has worked the best.

He has me on 9% Triaz wash (BP) everymorning - leaving it on for 3 minutes in the shower before rinsing, then at night wash with Aveeno Clear Complexion (SA), use Differin gel and take 150mg Doryx (doxycycline) at night. Been using this as is since Jan. 07 and I'm about 80% clear now. (I use BP and SA to spot treat as needed and get the occasional injection for cysts that I can't ignore.) If you don't mind the regime and have good RX coverage, I'd recommend it - it's worked pretty well for me.

My problem is - the RXs are pricey, I'm 30 and I'm sick of being on antibiotics. He recommended Accutane for me last year and I declined. When I asked if I should try going off my current regime at my last appt. in May - he didn't think I'd stay clear and recommended trying tane again. I'll be starting that in September. I'm hoping I won't need to do much after that course.

Good luck - I hope you find what works for you.

Try the natural route, go out and buy some Apple Cider Vinegar at the store. Drink 2 teaspoons in the morning and 2 at night every day, and mix some 50/50 with water and use it as a toner directly on your face. It helped me immensely, and its worth a shot. Its natural so you wont have bad side effects, and I'd continue using BP.

Normally I'd apply the toner, let it dry, moisturize, then put BP on my active zits.

Ohhh and another tip, start using an Egg white/Lemon juice mask nightly. Crack an egg into a bowl, but try your best not to get the yolk in it (doesnt really matter and yolk has moisurizing properties, but I like it without) then cut a lemon in half, squeeze all the juice from one half into a bowl with the egg, mix it up, then apply it to your face. I normally apply it after I soak my face in warm water for 1 minute. It'll deal with the redness and suck everything out of your pores. Once again, its all natural remedies so it wont have any adverse side effects.

Try the natural route, go out and buy some Apple Cider Vinegar at the store. Drink 2 teaspoons in the morning and 2 at night every day, and mix some 50/50 with water and use it as a toner directly on your face. It helped me immensely, and its worth a shot. Its natural so you wont have bad side effects, and I'd continue using BP.

Normally I'd apply the toner, let it dry, moisturize, then put BP on my active zits.

Ohhh and another tip, start using an Egg white/Lemon juice mask nightly. Crack an egg into a bowl, but try your best not to get the yolk in it (doesnt really matter and yolk has moisurizing properties, but I like it without) then cut a lemon in half, squeeze all the juice from one half into a bowl with the egg, mix it up, then apply it to your face. I normally apply it after I soak my face in warm water for 1 minute. It'll deal with the redness and suck everything out of your pores. Once again, its all natural remedies so it wont have any adverse side effects.

I just took two table spoons of organic apple cider vinegar and had to down it with water. I will take two more tonight. I will give this a week and see if my skin clears up, if it does not I will stop using acv. It is sooo NASTY...does it really work?

I just took two table spoons of organic apple cider vinegar and had to down it with water. I will take two more tonight. I will give this a week and see if my skin clears up, if it does not I will stop using acv. It is sooo NASTY...does it really work?

lol, 1 week won't do anything. Nothing is going to clear you up in 1 week...

Hmmm, I have been reading that the apple cider tactic will give you results within a few days...

Hmmm, I have been reading that the apple cider tactic will give you results within a few days...

No bodily change will be complete in a week. 3 weeks is minimum :) Especially acv!

Also, get rid of processed foods, dairy, and of course junk foods.

No bodily change will be complete in a week. 3 weeks is minimum :) Especially acv!