Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sceptre333

Everyone is Different

People have acne for a variety of different reasons...Whether it be caused by food allergies, poor liver function, candida, etc.

But how do you know what is causing YOUR acne?

Here's what I did:

I googled naturopaths...these are the doctors that are curing diseases everyday by not using presciption medication. I wrote emails to many and asked if they could do anything for my acne, seasonal allergies, and constant fatigue.

To make a long story short I made an appointment and they took a comprehensive health history / exam and a blood test and from all that, they were able to find out what was causing my acne.

My GI tract was very inflammed and was not digesting food properly. She also gave me a liver cleanse and sure enough....bye bye acne.

Step one is finding out what is causing your acne. My advice would be to talk to your local naturopath. It costs me about $150 total to cure my acne, allergies. and adrenal fatigue. (supplements and all) It turns out that they were all somewhat connected. Amazing experience!

good post, i read that this is another possibility in narrowing down acne, some suggest liver detoxs and etc and doing enemas which i didnt really particularly like.

I might just check one of those docts out to check my overall health.

i guess some people don't like having to spend once in a while sitting on a toilet for several hours just for a chance to improve their skin

Everyone is different. This is very true.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Not only is everyone's acne caused by a variety of things - but very often it is caused by more than one thing.

Food allergies, clogged up organs, messed up hormones, candida - it's easy to see how they can all intertwine.

So when people change just ONE thing and expect to see a dramatic improvement (like, still doing everything exactly the same but adding herbs or fish oil) they might be disapointed and say "oh, this holistic stuff is BS."

But if they started with a colon cleanse, then a parasite cleanse, omitting food allergies AND adding the correct supplements, then it seems more logical they would see more improvements more quickly.

Something is working for me. It really is, but I don't know what it is. Which may seem unscientific (to change 3 different things at once) but at least you get results. It probably is better to go see a DO or a Naturopath and at least be pointed in the right direction.

Step one is finding out what is causing your acne. My advice would be to talk to your local naturopath. It costs me about $150 total to cure my acne, allergies. and adrenal fatigue. (supplements and all) It turns out that they were all somewhat connected. Amazing experience!

All I can say is that independently from my opinions I'm meeting lately a lot of people who are achieving amazing cures from natural means. For example this woman who sufferef from fibriomialgya, tenosinovitis, degenerative arthritis. She found out about reflexology and had a series of sessions with this foot massager and to her amazament and of her doctor she is now cured, in fact the reumatoid tests doesn't give positive results anymore. I don't know much about reflexology and I don't care if big-pharma and the pseudo-skeptics fill the web with pages calling this practice an hoax ... results speak for themselves. I met this girl who had suffered from severe seborrheic and atopic dermatitis in the face for 6 years. She had tried everything but she found the cure when she found out about natural therapies: lemon, apple cider vinegar, green tea and coconut oil. Another guy I know cured his dermatitis using a puree of blended potatoes. I know this guy who had been suffering from swollen throat for years before curing himself with propolis. And my cousin had a cyst in the eye which awaited surgery (rather risky) but he read a book about clay and applied green clay on the cyst for 9 month until the cyst disappeared. Or this guy I know who healed a severe gum disease and peridontitis using mint and prikly ash bark. Or this girl who stopped her blood pressure problems using liqorice.

I just bought a book about "natural cures" and it's just incredible, there's something for everything and in my anecdotal experience they all work miracles. And no mistake the most universally worth "drugs" have been stolen by allopathic medicine to centuries old natural medicine: think of salicylic acid (from willow barks) and penicillin (from oranges).

We can't even talk about "bland palliatives" the officinal substances contained on plants are just powerful and real (but not allopathic) medicines.

Everyone in this board interested in non-allopathic cures should buy a book about natural rimedies for all know problems, diseases and what not. It's an helpful supplement to an healthy lifestyle, nutrition and approach to life.

On the other hand I don't know of any single case of medical drugs cure.

All I heard is: <yes it worked for a month, until it stopped working and I needed something stronger ... and after that stopped working too I needed something even stronger ...>

Or <it worked as long as I kept using it, when I stopped everything hit me again>

And of course <not sure if it worked but the side effects worked too well ... I feel now worse than ever thanks to them and I even developed new diseases>

NdnRomeo....Danny is correct.

My liver / GI (digestion) tract was the cause. I went to the naturopath first and then did the liver flushes.

DejaClaireVoyant...I am a big advocat of liver flushing, however that did not cure me completely, it did greatly help. It prolly would have if I had done more. I plan on doing maintenance ones in the future.

Also... People always list foods that break them out and what not, however that is not the case for every person. my naturopath gave me a list of foods to avoid because of my blood type. EVery blood type has different trigger foods.

I told my naturopath every drug I was on in my lifetime and then she gave me a blood test and then did an exam. By doing that, she was able to tell me more about my body than a $10,000 standard medical test could have. It's truly amazing. I will never go to another doctor again.

To answer some questions: Cod liver oil (liquid form) is amazing at "cooling" and repairing your digestive tract. She gave me this kind that tastes delicious ! Not oil tasting at all. She also gave me some digestive enzymes to help my digestion while I was repairing my GI tract. This allowed my GI tract to focus on repairing instead of digesting all the time. She also gave me a bottle called the "liver cleanse". I thought my liver was clean from all the previous flushes and cleaning, however I saw more gunct in the toilet, alot more. The stuff she prescribed me I am pretty sure you can not get at a store, because it is high quality and a lot stronger! Juss like you can't get prescription drugs over the counter.

Naturopaths are amazing! Insurance paid 80% of my visit! I probably spent about $300 total, so that is like $60 out of my pocket. The naturopath even gave me a free visit and charged me the children's rate, even though I am over 14. These people are not in it for the money.

Stop going to derms and doctors! Google naturopaths and find one near you. I am not even going to recommend one or any specific supplements b/c I don't want people thinking I have any financial interests in these posts at all. I just feeling amazing now, alot more energy, no allergies, and no acne. A miracle? I would have told you that it would be impossible a year ago.

The tests she ran with my blood were not the standard ones. The results listed everything about my body that you would want to know! Everything from amount of liver enzymes, to vitamin A to calcium to hormones to cholesterol.

Another reason to prove that the food industry / medical industry in America is all about the $:

the calcium result from my blood tests showed that I have an amazing calcium reading, and I haven't had milk or any dairy products in over a year. Shhh dont tell the dairy people that.

The Government will never allow acne to be cured. Companies like proactiv and clearasil would go out of business. And since acne doesn't kill you, marketing alot of products is a good way to make ALOT of money.

Thank you for sharing that with us and congrats on getting clear, that is really great news! The bottle of "liver cleanse", do you know if it has a brand name on it, or any other information on it where I can possibly get it? Perhaps it's made by someone, or some name on it, website, anything. Even a picture of it. I would be in debt/greatful if you could post something about it :).

Also, how long did he recommend you stay on digestive enzymes for? And once you get off, will they return or is it only being taken till your GI tract is repaired? If so, how long should that be?

One last question, did he ask you to take your enzymes after meals, or in between where it can repair rather than aid in digestion?

All I can say is that independently from my opinions I'm meeting lately a lot of people who are achieving amazing cures from natural means. For example this woman who sufferef from fibriomialgya, tenosinovitis, degenerative arthritis. She found out about reflexology and had a series of sessions with this foot massager and to her amazament and of her doctor she is now cured, in fact the reumatoid tests doesn't give positive results anymore. I don't know much about reflexology and I don't care if big-pharma and the pseudo-skeptics fill the web with pages calling this practice an hoax ... results speak for themselves. I met this girl who had suffered from severe seborrheic and atopic dermatitis in the face for 6 years. She had tried everything but she found the cure when she found out about natural therapies: lemon, apple cider vinegar, green tea and coconut oil. Another guy I know cured his dermatitis using a puree of blended potatoes. I know this guy who had been suffering from swollen throat for years before curing himself with propolis. And my cousin had a cyst in the eye which awaited surgery (rather risky) but he read a book about clay and applied green clay on the cyst for 9 month until the cyst disappeared. Or this guy I know who healed a severe gum disease and peridontitis using mint and prikly ash bark. Or this girl who stopped her blood pressure problems using liqorice.

I just bought a book about "natural cures" and it's just incredible, there's something for everything and in my anecdotal experience they all work miracles. And no mistake the most universally worth "drugs" have been stolen by allopathic medicine to centuries old natural medicine: think of salicylic acid (from willow barks) and penicillin (from oranges).

We can't even talk about "bland palliatives" the officinal substances contained on plants are just powerful and real (but not allopathic) medicines.

Everyone in this board interested in non-allopathic cures should buy a book about natural rimedies for all know problems, diseases and what not. It's an helpful supplement to an healthy lifestyle, nutrition and approach to life.

All I heard is: <yes it worked for a month, until it stopped working and I needed something stronger ... and after that stopped working too I needed something even stronger ...>

Or <it worked as long as I kept using it, when I stopped everything hit me again>

And of course <not sure if it worked but the side effects worked too well ... I feel now worse than ever thanks to them and I even developed new diseases>

What is the name of that book? and what is the author? I been meaning to get one of those huge books just to have a reference when I get a rash or comon colds and such. It would be a great supplement to a healthy regimen. as you say :dance:

[quote

What is the name of that book? and what is the author? I been meaning to get one of those huge books just to have a reference when I get a rash or comon colds and such. It would be a great supplement to a healthy regimen. as you say :dance:

The one I bought is in french though:

"Secret et vertus des plantes médicinales" Ed. Romart

If you want something in english, have a look here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...icinal%20plants

:)

Can you share what is in the "liver cleanse"? I have used different formulas in the past, just wondering what worked for you. I also like the blood type diet for figuring out what may be

triggering outbreaks....although each person may have more individual sensitivities, it is a good starting point for general sensitivities...

I am type O, so wheat and dairy are problematic for me, and I have found that to be true.

this thread has inspired me to a new idea...

ive been getting a majority of my acne and shit nowadays on my cheeks, which i think is a representation of the digestive system mostly. so im thinking i need a cure that relates to my digestion also, because i still cannot eat anything i want cuz im afraid i will break out.

something on that line...how do i find my nearest naturopath????

Cool results. I'm going back to school to become a Naturopathic Doctor :).

That is funny! I can picture you doing that, and having a lot of acne-sufferers coming up to you:

"Now, the first thing you need to do is stop eating grains and dairy..."

That is funny! I can picture you doing that, and having a lot of acne-sufferers coming up to you:

hehe yeah

I would love to be able to treat people's skin using methods that treat the root cause. I went to so many different dermatologists and skin clinics and none of them ever cleared my skin, so I would love to start a clinic that will actually be able to help people permanently resolve their skin problems.

hehe yeah

I would love to be able to treat people's skin using methods that treat the root cause. I went to so many different dermatologists and skin clinics and none of them ever cleared my skin, so I would love to start a clinic that will actually be able to help people permanently resolve their skin problems.

Thats great!! :dance: I am actually going back to school and be a nutritionist dietician. So I can learn everything about food. Hopefully I'll know about nutrition just as much as Danny :think:

hehe yeah

Thats great!! :dance: I am actually going back to school and be a nutritionist dietician. So I can learn everything about food. Hopefully I'll know about nutrition just as much as Danny :think:

That's cool, I'm actually going to become a dietician/nutritionist before I go on to become a naturopathic doctor. Maybe someday we will work together :).

What did you do for adrenal fatigue?

How do you go about finding a naturopath?

Do a google search and locate one in your area, there should be a couple.

Before you make an appointment, call the doctor or email them and tell them your goals and see if they have success treating acne.

hehe yeah

That's cool, I'm actually going to become a dietician/nutritionist before I go on to become a naturopathic doctor. Maybe someday we will work together :).

That would be awsome and we would both have knowledge of acne :dance: when are you going to go back? I am starting in september. I just have 2 years.

hehe yeah

That would be awsome and we would both have knowledge of acne :dance: when are you going to go back? I am starting in september. I just have 2 years.

It depends on how fast I want to do it, but most likely 4 years until I become a nutritionist and then 4 more to become a naturopathic doctor. You'll be done before me and then you can tell me how awesome it is to be a nutritionist :).