Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Honor Man

Does food affect acne?

This site says it doesn't and so did my doctor, but I always hear something different

I just want to know if eating certain foods, like chocolate or chinese food encourage acne, no bs, does anyone know? :-s

Well the thing is too avoid high fat, high sugar, and high sodium foods. I tried to avoid them to be healthy anyways. But everyone is different. I recommend to at least avoid high sodium foods because they have IODINE, which is a proven acne aggravater.

In my opinion AND in my case, food DOES affect my face. I have been eating a lot more healthy lately (fruits, vegetables, chicken, salad, 100% fruit juice, etc.) and i only have 1 active pimple as of right now. i am washing my face in the morning with C&C pore cleanser and at night with C&C 10% BP. I feel these are some of the best products on the market as my face hasnt looked this good in a long time, and i was on dan's regimen for over 3 months. If my face continues to impove, i'll write a longer more detailed message of what i am doing.

2SG

CHOCOLATE IS BAD FOR YOUR ACNE.

When you eat chocolate, your face get oily, and in order to prevent that you must drink at least 4 cups of water to clear your skin.

Food that have oil in them cause acne many times. (French Fries, some Asian Food, Fried vegtables, etc...).

FRIED FOOD IS VERY BAD FOR YOUR ACNE.

When I eat chocolate I recieve acne. Most people think that when they recieved a pimple one morning, it happened in one night. That's not true. There is a process that takes 3-4 weeks on your skin, to create those acne. If you get a pimple, you need to know that it was caused over time not over night.

When you eat chocolate - IS THE WORST THING FOR YOU. Try not eating chocolate and fried food for 2 months (its hard but you can do it) and you'll see that your face look like a movie star.

I didn't eat chocolate now for a year and a half, and when I see chocolate I run away from it! I don't like it anymore.. I don't enjoy eating it because I know the cause of it.

My face looks very good. I have no ACNES at all. I am eating healthy and I am drinking lots of water...

I hope I helped,

AcneFreeProduct--

Chocolate and grease may affect you, personally, but the average person does not necessarily have a chocolate/greasy food correlation with acne.

There are some rabid "food causes acne" zealots on this board, and I try my best to skim over those posts and ignore them. It's not that I think the theories are not valid, it's just that I don't give a shit. I have PERFECT skin, thanks 100% to Dan's regime (after having cystic acne for eight years), and my diet is completely weird and sporadic and I don't always drink water and I eat too many carbs and chocolate and I eat Taco Bell at least once a week. Oh, and I masturbate. Often.

There may be some people on this board who are fascinated with the whole food correlation ideas, and all the science behind it, but I am not one of them. They may be interesting and valid methods, but I find them impractical and time-consuming. When I was very sick, years ago, and severely malnourished, my acne completely disappeared, and then re-appeared when I got well and started eating normally. Therefore, that is proof to me that food has an effect on acne. However, I still don't give a shit. My life does not, and will not, revolve around a specific diet in order to clear my skin, in lieu of something feasible (and effective) like the regimen.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan started locking food/acne posts because I am naseauted with the subject by now, and I've only been a member since October 2002...

Go start your own food/acne website! Peace..

smile.gif

I always eat a lot of salt and I did read about iodine aggrivating acne... i also read something about Shrimp containing iodine and to stay away from that too... and i have but I just cant help it. I have to have extra salt on my french fries. LOL I also crave salty foods when its near my time of the month.

i am really going to try hard to stay away from salt. I think thats my biggest thing.

I guess you know better then my Doctor right? 

CHOCOLATE DOES CAUSE ACNE. And when you are sick acne comes often afterwards to clean your body. 

Say what you want but I'm right!

there has never been an outcome on research that relates food to acne, though many people think that a certain type of food gives them acne

i think there are enough people, including myself, who can testify that food DOES affect their acne, and that is more significant than any study that's been done. i know that every time i eat too much seafood or peanut butter i break out and it's not coincidence. call me a freak, but food does trigger acne for me.

I dont eat either chocolate or fried food and I've had acne for the past 17 years. The best advice anyone can give you is to go on the regimen and let it clear up your skin otherwise you'll spend the next 10 years of your life wondering if certain foods you ate 3 weeks ago gave you the spot you now see.

M.

I guess you know better then my Doctor right? 

CHOCOLATE DOES CAUSE ACNE. And when you are sick acne comes often afterwards to clean your body. 

Say what you want but I'm right!

AcneFreeProduct--

Chocolate and grease may affect you, personally, but the average person does not necessarily have a chocolate/greasy food correlation with acne. 

There are some rabid \"food causes acne\" zealots on this board, and I try my best to skim over those posts and ignore them. It's not that I think the theories are not valid, it's just that I don't give a shit. I have PERFECT skin, thanks 100% to Dan's regime (after having cystic acne for eight years), and my diet is completely weird and sporadic and I don't always drink water and I eat too many carbs and chocolate and I eat Taco Bell at least once a week. Oh, and I masturbate. Often. 

There may be some people on this board who are fascinated with the whole food correlation ideas, and all the science behind it, but I am not one of them. They may be interesting and valid methods, but I find them impractical and time-consuming. When I was very sick, years ago, and severely malnourished, my acne completely disappeared, and then re-appeared when I got well and started eating normally. Therefore, that is proof to me that food has an effect on acne. However, I still don't give a shit. My life does not, and will not, revolve around a specific diet in order to clear my skin, in lieu of something feasible (and effective) like the regimen. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan started locking food/acne posts because I am naseauted with the subject by now, and I've only been a member since October 2002...

Go start your own food/acne website! Peace..

smile.gif

Yeah well said, acne shouldnt be something that controls your life, i can live with a few spots if it means i can still eat burger king whenever i want.

Stuey

This is very interesting, I believe you are what you eat. If it doesn't affect your skin it does affect your health. So looking into the future if you eat alot of junk food and end up with some form of cancer don't blame the doctor look at your diet. I wouldn't say that what you eat affect your skin, you have been allergic to what was in the food that affects it the most. If it's chocolate, it might be the caffeine in it, not necessarily the chocolate itself. If it's seafood, it might be what that shell fish was eating before you ate it, since they were purposed to clean the ocean whatever they eat you are eating it as well. So it's not what you eat, it what's in what you eat. Everyone know that your skin breakout because it's irritated?? Irritated from what?? Just ask yourself this one question. There are no right or wrong, they are all personal exprience and opinions, including mine. wink.gif That's one of the reason you should DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. tongue.gif

On a similar subject, ive got a few friends who say that theyve noticed their smoking can affect spots, so theres another reason to sop if anyone smokes.

Stuey

I certainly follow a balanced and varied diet myself.

But I think Jenaphiles point is the cost relative to the gain of some of the proposed acne diets is just too high. To follow the diets ...we would be avoiding most if not all complex carbs, we would be cutting caffiene, sugar, salt, dairy products, fruit and vege with a high glycemic index, a lot of meats, most fats. You would be adding in about an expensive and unproven amount of vitaimins.

That is a very big departure from what most regard as a balanced diet. That has a very big impact on social occasions like eating out with family and friends. It has a big impact on how much time you spend thinking about and preparing food. It also has unknown health consequences..either good or bad. To do it you have to really believe that diet makes that big a difference....and I don't.

People who state "oh, i cut out ____ in my diet and i still broke out" often forget to either eliminate all of the problem or the correct problem, even.

Chocolate? What's chocolate? I can eat chocolate. But there's more than just the chocolate and fried foods to watch out for. Some people call these limiting diets excessive, but goddammit, it's good for yourself to avoid bad foods like simple carbohydrates, refined sugars, and a good bit of dairy anyway. So why give into chocolate?

Food doesn't affect acne? Can't believe it. Food affects everything in your body. Everyone knows and has experienced this, and may just not want to believe it.

Food doesn't affect acne?  Can't believe it.  Food affects everything in your body.  Everyone knows and has experienced this, and may just not want to believe it.

Food doesn't affect acne? Can't believe it. Food affects everything in your body. Everyone knows and has experienced this, and may just not want to believe it.