Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

Lets say, a new product comes out in the market, but it actually IS the cure.

Lets say, a new product comes out in the market, but it actually IS the cure. How would we know? Whether it is a pill, powder, diet, electric device, or what ever supplement.

It is surprising to me that the thousands of years acne has been around, no one has ever really found a product that got super amazing reviews and results enough for everyone to come to a conclusion that that product really is the cure.

Maybe its because there are so many different types of acne and acne causes in different people? But if we narrow it down to say, inflammatory, hormonal, facial acne; how many different causes for that could there actually be?

It just really surprises me that out of the hundreds of thousands of acne products that there are out there, that there has to be atleast one that can cure it. But how will we find out?

The Government will never allow acne to be cured. Companies like proactiv and clearasil would go out of business. And since acne doesn't kill you, marketing alot of products is a good way to make ALOT of money.

I was thinking the same thing.

And acne, like it is today, has not been around for thousands of years. I have NO idea what is causing the problem, but when asians come over to our western society, they begin to gain weight and get pimples.

Sure, a few pimples during puberty were normal, but it was not common to have cystic pimples for 10 years and a face full of blackheads. You never read in old books, "And we met this pimply-faced indan. He said he could not eat buffalo meat this year because he was trying to find the root of his skin problems." Nor do you hear about the pimply-faced young ladies being courted during the 1700s.

My grandmother even commented that no one had skin problems like she sees now days back in the 1920s.

I am suspicious that it is in the water. (?) Everyone tries avoiding hundreds of foods to no avail. Yet everyone uses the same water.

It is very interesting that a symptom of chlorine poisoning (too much chlorine) is blackheads/whiteheads and pores that just keep producing oil and sebum. The variance of skin problems varies with the amount of poisoning.

Well... i mean we have accutane. We just need something with a little less side affects. :dance:

I mean come on, I'm sure some sort of a cure should have leaked out by now.

You just gave us an advertisement. I've had it up to **here** with acne systems "proven" to work with "proven" results... that just cost a small fee of $40.

I dont knwo why anyone isnt looking into Chlorine overdose. It has all the symptoms of acne.

It was not until the 1930's that super refined grains were produced. Even for years after that they were not as common place as they are now. It could be as simple as that. People ate more whole foods and did not live on processed foods. There were not frosted flakes or super sugary foods. There were sugary foods, but most were not eaten on a regular basis. High fructose corn syrup which is in almost every food we eat was not that common place until the last 20 or so years.

How about everyone takes off their tinfoil hats. If a company found the cure to acne there is nothing that the gov't could do about it. If it was a drug then they could just go to another country and get the cure. Canada would pass it the second it was proven safe, the lobbyists have no power up here.

It's like people thinking the gov't is hiding the cure to cancer. They just haven't found anything universal yet. They are getting extremely close with stem cells(No, not fetus stem cells) and that looks to be extremely promising but it will take a while.

I imagine there is nothing the gov't can do to stop private companies from researching an acne cure if they really wanted to.

Acne is a symptom of something happening internally.

Drugs can't cure symptoms all they can do is "hide" the symptom while everything internally is still screwed and slowly subtly killing you.

That's why a cure for acne is impossible.

Drugs are specific for certain organs and body parts but they can't really entail not only the whole of the body processes but the external factors causing that processes to go certain ways.

This is a problem of the whole, an holistic problem and indeed there are no holistic drugs-cures out there because nothing drug-like that could really address the individual whole exists or would ever exist. That's why the holistic approach is individual, global and multidirectional ... drugs are not. That being said I'm not even sure we can really call of "cures" as far as drugs as concerned.

What drugs do for now is either keeping the symptoms at bay as long as you take the drug and if you stop they come back worse than before or they hide the symptoms and nothing more and either you feel better but keep have a screwed health or either you feel better and slowly the body heals itself.

It was not until the 1930's that super refined grains were produced. Even for years after that they were not as common place as they are now. It could be as simple as that. People ate more whole foods and did not live on processed foods. There were not frosted flakes or super sugary foods. There were sugary foods, but most were not eaten on a regular basis. High fructose corn syrup which is in almost every food we eat was not that common place until the last 20 or so years.

The Government will never allow acne to be cured. Companies like proactiv and clearasil would go out of business. And since acne doesn't kill you, marketing alot of products is a good way to make ALOT of money.

if you do some basic undergrad courses in organic chemistry you will realize that there really are no "cures" out there in terms of modern medicine

there is always some functional group on the molecule that is needed for it to work yet at the same time causes many side effects or other issues

but if a personal is really suffering from "insert X disease here" then suppressing symptoms with some wonder drug would seem like salvation to them

and for those preaching "take off your tinfoil hats" stop being so naive and realize that the government and big business are best buddies and YOUR interests will ALWAYS be secondary

Hear, Hear.

I actually know that this is true that the gov. does things to make the economy better at the expense of other people.

I know a guy who invented a way to make cars that won't need gas, they'll be able to run on water. When the govt. found out, they bought it off him for A LOT of money because it would have ruined the whole gas industry. He didn't tell me when it was, but I hope that this happened before the whole war and the gas prices going way too high, because if it was afterwards, then that's just crazy of the govt. to make people suffer like that.

Nicola Tesla invented solar powered cars. He had his work stolen from him (by professionals hired by someone big) several times. When he introduced that to the gov, that was kept under everyone's hats for a long time.

Refined sugar is a good idea. I was just about to go on a sugar diet when you suggested that. But I cant think of anything I eat with refined sugar in it? I dont eat candy. I watch my diet like a hawk. I never have sweets. So it cant be that?

Chlorine is in everyone's water...and there is a type of acne called Chloracne. Its from a chlorine sensitivity. You become extremely oily.

Chloracne is developed from an over exposure to Chlorine. What if its that? Wikipedia says Chloracne causes a large amount of blackheads, whiteheads....

The acne just keeps coming if you dont get rid of the blackheads and whiteheads.

here's a pic of someone with chlorache. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Viktor_Yuschenko.jpg

He's the prime minister of.... the Ukraine I believe.

I dont knwo why anyone isnt looking into Chlorine overdose. It has all the symptoms of acne.

It makes me incredibly drowsy when I smell it.

However, when I was in swimming classes for a semester, my mom started saying that my skin looked worse than it ever did in my life :P.

I found a couple people online who claim that when they went camping for 2 weeks...using only distilled water and bathing in distilled water... their acne went away. They maintain the claim that its chlorine in the water supply.

It would be nice if some of the infections went away from Bacteriophage. However, my acne seems to be from my own body continually producing oil...and my skin has a slow turnover rate--- meaning that the oil starts hardening in the pore with the dead skin and produces sebum: white heads and blackheads... hundreds of them... millions of them.

love that signature.......... lost my appetite...

It would be nice if some of the infections went away from Bacteriophage. However, my acne seems to be from my own body continually producing oil...and my skin has a slow turnover rate--- meaning that the oil starts hardening in the pore with the dead skin and produces sebum: white heads and blackheads... hundreds of them... millions of them.

You mean like this?

Sebum excretion rates declined by 30-44%, reaching normal levels within 8 weeks of treatment in all study volunteers. Notably, neither skin irritation, nor systemic adverse reactions were noted throughout the study.

Pollution is a factor. Earth today is not the Earth of thousands of years ago. We are polluting our environment and bodies with toxins and "foods" like American cheese and high-fructose corn syrup that did not exist in the past.

There are many things in our society that account for acne.

The most prominent one being our sedentary lifestyle. Our bodies were made to move, and we don't anymore.

When you move, your body cleanses itself, it heals itself, its active & healthy. Chinese bike all over the place, they work fields, etc. In the western parts of the world, we sit in front of the TV and our computer (sometimes at the same time)

If you didn't sweat today, and most of us don't, then you haven't moved enough.

I discuss the causes, related to the digestive system, on my site here: *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

Its kind of a lengthy article, the part about digestion is in the middle.