Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm starting my accutane course today.

5mg, first month, 10mg second, 20 third.

Anyway I heard that you can't do hard exercise on this course... so is that resistance training out the window?

Nope. I exercise every day. :D Now, I'm not sure what you mean by "hard" exercise, but the reason you might be wondering about this is because a side effect of Accutane can make you sore and achey. For me, I'm not achey from it. But if you get sore, just take some Tylenol.

Avoid the tylenol (both tylenol and accutane are rough on the liver) and go with Ibuprophen if your going to make it a regular occurrence.

Hey there -

Tylenol or Advil/Ibuprofen are fine on Accutane. Ask you Derm. to check - mine said either were fine. You just wouldn't want to take them "all" the time as Accutane is already a bit hard on the body. Exercise is fine, if it hurts, stop. Don't overdo. I've been able to hit the gym 3-5 days a week and go for walks, but I don't do super strenous "hard core" workouts. Your bones/joints can be a little weaker on Tane.

Good luck.

Yvette

You're on a very low dose so you should be fine; My last month was 80mg and I still ran about 8k 5 nights a week; my muscles got sore quicker but thats all really.

i walk 8 miles a day. no problems at all. its really humid where i am, so i kinda think the moisture helps.

hey,

i might go back to the gym soon, now my skin looks a bit better i feel able to!

is it ok to do cardio and weights whilst on accutane?

tim