Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dj23

how to over come food cravings?

Today my mom and sister came home with a frozen pizza and they made it and it looked really good! But I didn't eat any because I didn't want to take any toll on my skin.

Right now I really want to eat it..i'm soo hungry and theres not much healthy to eat in my house (what food isn't gonna break me out neway??) Plus all my friends eat crap all the time and try to convince me that it wont kill me to eat what theyre eating! ITS SO HARD!

Im wondering if I even have a food allergy related acne, but I haven't ever been able to diet long enough to know for sure. I'm about to give up. What should I do?

I don't know about your food allergies but I overcome food cravings by reminding myself just how temporary the pleasure from food is... & Just how long the guilt/repercussions can last.

Drinking a bunch of water, or having something(if you can find some) healthy that appeals to you can help too.

Just bear with it, a month ago I gave up everything bad. Its lame sometimes when my mum can't be arsed to cook and orders Dominoes and I cook some fresh fish and salad. But it's getting much easier and even if it doesn't affect my skin at all at least I'm healthier.

Just bear with it, a month ago I gave up everything bad. Its lame sometimes when my mum can't be arsed to cook and orders Dominoes and I cook some fresh fish and salad. But it's getting much easier and even if it doesn't affect my skin at all at least I'm healthier.

Guest missyjean130

I'm trying to single out certain things one at a time to see if it effects my skin positvely or not...and yeah...HARD!

My mom drinks soymilk and I love and am going to miss it :(

with unhealthy eating wise I'm always going to McDonalds with my friends and the urges! GAWD! I just eat before I go anywhere with them now :)

But for the most part it's WILL POWER. be strong! you can do it!

Eat something that is filling and healthy. I really like toasting a piece of whole wheat bread and putting peanut butter and chocolate chips on it.

Eat something that is filling and healthy. I really like toasting a piece of whole wheat bread and putting peanut butter and chocolate chips on it.

rofl like thats healthy.

If you are determined to eat healthy in hope of clearing your skin then I guess you will just have to get used to watching other people eat crap whilst you munch away on your salad, lol. It is difficult as all my friends eat crap and think I'm weird sometimes just because I don't eat a McDonald's every week, etc. Junk food makes you feel like crap anyways and just remember that you are only going to benefit your skin, and health too I might add, in the long run.

I try to drink a lot of water to overcome any occasional cravings I may have for junk food.

If that doesn't work slap yourself in the face every time you even think of junk food, I'm sure that'll work.

Guest missyjean130

omg omg omg if you have junk food eating habits then watch "supersize me"

its a documentary of just eating McDonalds...but I'm sure itll scare you enough for all junk food

Me and my friends rented it cuz I was sick of going to McDonalds every friggin' day

its a documentary of just eating McDonalds...but I'm sure itll scare you enough for all junk food

Me and my friends rented it cuz I was sick of going to McDonalds every friggin' day

Guest missyjean130

I remember seeing that at the cinema. Just went to see it because there was nothing else decent on at the time if I remember correctly.

It's enough to put anybody off fast food for life.

I remember seeing that at the cinema. Just went to see it because there was nothing else decent on at the time if I remember correctly.

It's enough to put anybody off fast food for life.

Would you enjoy that dairy cheese loaded with whatever unearthly ingredients it contains, or the refined carb crust, and those oh so fun preservatives that are loaded with that pizza you will ingest and potentially give you cancer someday. Foods with a low glycemic load I believe will help with your cravings.

rofl like thats healthy.

looks like some1 is cutting ;)

dj23 get the pizza lol. just use moderation :) . I have been eating pretty healthy for 3 months now and in my case it DID NOT affect considerably my acne, hell didnt think it helped at all. Sure will help ur body etc, but the damm pimples are food free lol.

Even if ur on a "healthy" diet, there must be always a cheat day, moderation is the key :P

honestly guys, you cant go living being picky.

we are so mustured up with the fetish of our skin,

we are avoiding the simple fact of food.

i dont think you should avoid it completely or you'll just want it even more until you finally cave and finish the whole lot. maybe just allow yourself small portions of things like that so you can still keep a generally healthy diet. the most important thing is the overall quality of your diet, and how varied it is. an pizza isnt going to do any harm on its own, but if you had unhealthy food for breakfast and lunch then that pizza is definitely not a good idea to have for dinner. just try to make a healthy choice over an unhealthy choice when you can, and dont worry too much about a bit of junk food here and there

When you have a craving just think how bad acne is for your mental state and you will overcome the craving.