Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rsa1

Rachels log- Started 7/27

Day 20

basically they are drying up a little.. still bright red.. the moisturizer hasnt been working that well.. still dry a little hopefully they will get less red asap..

i have realized that the cysts i have now are the sames cysts i have had before.. i guess they just filled up again which sucks.. i dont remember ever having cysts this hard.. they are better than last night.. im spot treating them with finacea dont really care if it will cause me to dry out even more.. rather would have a dry patch than bright red planets

Reallly wish these cysts would hurry the ef up and heal.. oh and wish the blackheads would fall out.. still not sure if im having an ib or its just a hormonal thing.. leaning towards the hormonal because i got the one on the side of my nose this time last month and the one next to my eyebrow ive had fill up several times.. the chin i can somewhat deal with.. maybe

i was on the phone before and looked at my chin and saw that it was flaky and almost started crying before.. hopefully things will all heal soon.. i have to babysit fri and i hope that they will be less noticeable bc one of the kids has made comments about pimples before and as stupid as it sounds it made me sooo self conscious..

still havign issues sleeping.. prob because i literally pass out right after i take my pills i cant help it i get soo tired and just sit down and fall asleep for a couple hours..

school in 2 1/2 weeks i think... i have a feeling i should be fine by then.. the dryness may be an issue.. but if my breakouts right now are due to hormones i should be fine then and hopefully the accutane will also be working more by then......

day 21

3 weeks ! tiny new pimple on the side of my forehead... the rest of the cysts have gotten a lot smaller.. still a little bump but they are drying out finally.. blackheads really bug me but they will hopefully be gone soon.. the rest of my face is fine.. i havent been oily.. chin is the driest part.. overall feeling a little better about the cysts.. should be only small spots by the end of the weekend

day 22

everything is basically still the same not oily at all.. my makeup goes on weird.. flakes up around the cysts that are healing so it looks gross .. pretty much nothing is diff than the past few days

day 23

skin looks pretty good today.. they few cyst are still healing but looks sooo much better than it did during the week.. i think it will continue to improve from here..

my back still gets a few pimples.. overall it looks better besides the pimples there.. also my chest still has some black heads..

day 24

my skin keeps looking better and better.. it looks so much smoother and the texture is good too.. forehead is clear.. have the 2 that are healing.. chin has no new actives everything is healing.. the one on the side of my nose is healing too.. all that has to leave now are the blackheads.. i havent been that dry.. just a little scabs of skin healing over the few that were healing..

my derm apt is sat.. i dont think i will be upped nor do i want to.. if all of my blackheads go away on my nose and the few on my chest before school starts in like 2 weeks i will be incredibly happy..

i havent had any bad side effects this week.. i have been noticing my vision is getting worse than it already was.. barely any headaches.. still extremely tired.. i kind of have a loss of appetite.. not happy about that.. im so thankful that i dont have mood swings or depression from it.. my friends hate the fact that i sleep all of the time.. only a few of my friends know im on tane so i have to make up excuses for why im always sleeping..

I am so happy to hear your skin is starting to look better. Mine is not so great. I haven't noticed my vision going bad, but I am very tired too. I have told everyone I am on Accutane so they will understand why I am tired all the time. However, no one really understands what tane does to you expect others that have been on it. Hope everything goes well with the derm appt. I am actually going to ask that he does up my dose so I know I am doing all I can to have permanent clear skin! Sounds like you are doing great.

day 25

so i woke up with a huge cyst on my chin.. sucks bc i had plans today but w.e it was fine.. just got home and looked in the mirror i noticed another cyst in my eyebrow and a blackhead that is raised next to my nose.. and the new cyst came to a head so i popped it... hopefully tom everything is better bc ill be out all day and i have to wear makeup .. it still flakes up around the healing ones.. hopefully nothing new in the am

lauren--- hope you start seeing progress soon.. i was so stoked that i was starting to look better now i dont know what the deal is.. talk to you sooon

day 26

really not in love with my skin.. wish everything would just go away.. and i would not have to wear makeup and everything else.. i dont think anyhting is different.. it seems liek they havent gotten better.. they look weird hopefully month 2 will bring clear clear skin

Day 27 & 28

everything looks better... havent really been playing such close attention to my skin and obsessing over it like i was.. whatever happens happens.. i think i have a lot less blackheads on my chest which is good.. havent been too flaky.. hope everyone is doing well

day 29 & 30

things are still the same. it looks like blackheads fell out on my nose and i have only 2 pimples now.. and the one on the side of my nose that would never go away came to a head and i popped it and its flat now but has a scab.. everything else looks good.. i havent been dry.. hopefully my back will clear up asap because i may go away in a month or two and would liek to actually be able to wear a bathing suit.. everything else seems good..

no more side effects but dry eyes and red eyes.. ive kind of noticed that ive been getting more flushed in the face.. i went to the derm today i think she wanted to bump me up but i didnt want to because i start school in a week and dont want to have to deal with another breakout or anymore side effects.. she said it may take longer to get to the final results that we want but i dont care..

Not exactly sure what day it is .. my derm screwed me over and didnt confirm my appointment because they are too slow with everything at the office.. i started taking only one 20mg a day on fri because i had a feeling that they wouldnt confirm in time.. so i only too one fri sat and sun.. today i can go pick up my rx.. and hopefully i wont have any bad reaction when i start the full dose again.. i have a new cyst on my chin.. one on my upper cheek near my eye.. and one on my other cheek next to my nose.. blackheads are still coming out.. school starts in a week so hopefully everything will look even better then..

Hi Rachel,

Sorry havent been by for a while. Sounds like you are doing well and a feeling pretty positive. Thats great! :D It takes time but this stuff works! Goodluck back at school...hope your skin keeps improving!

Kelx

week 5

skin looks good.. i think i may be able to not wear makeup soon.. my blackheads are all basically gone.. not oily much.. the only problem is my chin.. maybe one cyst.. a few scars that are fading .. hopefully they wont fill up again.. school starts tuesday.. feeling kind of confident about my skin..

today i was really tired.. prob because i was out really late and didnt take my 2nd pill til like 4am.. the tiredness has been a lot better.. i have noticed that i have been sweating a lot more than i ever did..

i think my friend said that this girl was on accutane and i saw her recently and her skin is amazingly flawless.. hoping that mine will be better soon..

well i havent been keeping track of what day im on or whatever but i do definitely see improvement.. i lvoe that i dont have any side effects besides dry eyes.. i wish my back would clear up a little bit more than it has.. nothing is really new.. i basically feel like im not taking anything which is amazing.. i havent had any problems with drinking and taking it.. im glad that i went on it and just hope that it will keep me clear forever....

hope everyone is doing well, staying positive and clearing up !

It sounds like you are doing great! I wish you would put some pics up so I could see your progress. I wish I was close to the point of no make up. I can't imagine it. I haven't had problems with drinking while on this lately. At first it made me really sick, but now it's all right. Have you used any face masks or scrubs while on accutane?

ya definitely not ready to go with out makeup.. looked good last week.. this week is not bad just a few small ones... hopefully will keep gettingbetter.. im starting to get eczema on my hangs... it was worse a few days ago.. seems to be a little better.. i have also realized that i have been sweating a lot more.. gross i hate it.. thats basically the only side effect that is bugging me now

still not sure what day it is haha .. i think week 6 though? everything is calming down a little .. i have 2 cysts on my chin, one has a tiny head.. not going to pick it .. i have a reg pimple onmy upper cheek .. shoudl be going away soon.. i also have like 2 healing on my upper lip and one on my forehead..

ive been sweating sooo much its disgusting.. ive boughten 3 dif deoderants in the past month.. now trying certain dri.. hopefully it works.. and i think im going to get arm&hammer for the morning because i used to use it and worked well.

dry eyes are bad too and sucks that i have really bad allergies..

i think i only have 3 actives right now i think .. 2 cysts on my chin and 1 on my cheek which is def from hormones.. hopefully they will be the only 2.. my back has been getting cysts which is annoying .. wish it would just clear up.. chest barely has anything .. a few tiny little things ..hopefully will go away soon ..

nothing else really has been wrong.. i havent really had fatigue .. skin isnt that dry and everything has been good.. lips get dry but not bad.. love my aquaphor.. even my friends who have perfect skin use aquaphor now ..

Ok so i am definitely happy with what im seeing this far.. about another 9 days and it will be 2 months.. i usually have 5-6 huge cysts and a few little pimples like a week before i get my period.. this month i only got 3 cysts .. i have a few red marks from pimples that are healing but i can deal with it .. i have been getting oilier than i was last month but it may just be shine from makeup..

My face looks pretty good.. no actives right now im pretty sure.. just the ones from last week that are healing.. the texture of my skin is pretty good.. still not 100% but a lot better.. i have my appt tomorrow.. hopefully my tests are fine.. i drank a lot sat night and went for my test monday.. iduno if it will affect it .. i still have the red marks they are fadign to the purplish color.. almost done with my 2nd month.. waitign for my back to clear up more.. and a few spots near my shoulders.

its been foreverr... i have about 1 1/2 months left... noooo actives at all on my face.. havent had for a while.. i havent worn makeup in months.. texture of skin is so smooth..

i still get headaches from it .. and i also seem to be a lot more sensitive about stupid things on it.. im sick of getting cuts and eczema on my hands..

my blood work has always been fine.. i do drink while on it .. it hasnt effected me at all..

i would definitely take it again if i had to.. but pray to g-d this course will cure me