Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mm8

What to do with this (pic)?

What kind of scars are these and how to fix?

27jul_226135.jpg

As good as all caused by Accutane by the way...I wish I'd taken a picture at my derm before going on the treatment...then I could have sued both the derm and Roche by now.

I'm almost a month past now. Never looked worse.

Accutane does not treat scars, it treats acne that causes scars. That is why I myself went on Accutane 10 years ago...I was scarring severely due to acne.

Accutane does cause changes in the skin of course, it can increase the risk for scars.

You don't have acne now so how does your face look worse? I myself would rather have scars than acne.

Those scars can be treated. You have mainly rolling scars and those are way easier to treat than icepick scars. Mine are improving with use of a retinoid product and TCA CROSS and copper peptides and ReVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream. They are now half as bad as they once were. The ice pick scars are the slowest to respond, but they are better with the TCA CROSS.

For you, I'd suggest Retin A, subcision, dermal fillers and possibly a professionally done TCA CROSS.

I didn't have most of the scars before I went on Accutane. Isn't Retin A for treating acne...so you get worse before it gets better in like a lifetime? Where can I buy it?

I didn't have most of the scars before I went on Accutane. Isn't Retin A for treating acne...so you get worse before it gets better in like a lifetime? Where can I buy it?

Retin A has two main reasons for prescribing it: acne and wrinkles. There are off-label uses which are perfectly legal, such as scar reformation.

It is a prescription drug. You'd go to your doctor (dermatologist or regular doc) to get a prescription for it. It changes the skin structure and encourages exfoliation as well. It thins the outer layer of skin and plumps up the outer layer. Retin A also encourages collagen reformation.

Over six months of use, you WILL see your scars lessen. Take pictures over the journey so you can see the changes. Once your skin starts changing, it will be hard to see the small incremental changes that happen over time, so the record will help prove to yourself that you are seeing improvement.

Retinoids alone will not likely cure your rolling scars, but you could also check into subcision and dermal fillers. Those are remarkable for rolling scars.

TCA CROSS is remarkable for ice pick scars, but you don't seem to have any ice pick scars. (Count your blessings!) ;)

Good luck! Something WILL work for you. A combo of all the products you see in my signature is helping me. Do not give up hope, as those scars you have can be treated.

Hi Wynne! I have been following some of your posts for it seems like I can be helped with your regimen. I was inactive for a year and half treating my acne and scars for I have been trying to get pregnant to breastfeeding. And since I am not breastfeeding now I would like to start with minimizing the acne scar regimen. I would like to ask if what specific copper peptide your are using? is it the super cop 2x? I am just wondering if you have tried glycolic serum coz one of the websites that is selling copper peptides are recommending me glycolic serum, TCA peel 30% (is the peel use for the whole face or just spot treatments?), and also they recommend super cop2x to treat acne scars. I would like to know if this regimen had worked with your type of scars or you have encountered this regimen before and if it has worked.

By the way, I have mostly rollling scars with enlarged scarred pores though I am not sure of the other scars I have.

Hope to hear your great advices soon..thanks in advance

same thing happened to me mate, about 10 years ago though. Out of curiousity, did your spots take forever to heal on tane? Mine did. and when they did heal, they left worse scars than yours. never had a scar b4 going on tane, haven't scarred since.

Wynne,

from who do you purchase your 30% TCA peel? Also, which daily strength glycolic acid treatment are you using?

Thanks. :D

Cool. Thanks so much. You are always so helpful. :wub: I wouldn't think something from Avon would be strong enough glycolic to have an effect, so that's good to hear.

Out of curiosity, has the TCA cross made any of your scars worse?

Cool. Thanks so much. You are always so helpful. :wub: I wouldn't think something from Avon would be strong enough glycolic to have an effect, so that's good to hear.

Out of curiosity, has the TCA cross made any of your scars worse?

Yeah, that's what I figured, too, after reading that long thread a while back. It just seems so difficult not to touch the "wall" if the scar is small. I would be afraid to try it. Do you shape your toothpick?

I think I will get some of that Avon stuff. I hope it doesn't break me out. :pray:

Yeah, that's what I figured, too, after reading that long thread a while back. It just seems so difficult not to touch the "wall" if the scar is small. I would be afraid to try it. Do you shape your toothpick?

I think I will get some of that Avon stuff. I hope it doesn't break me out. :pray:

same thing happened to me mate, about 10 years ago though. Out of curiousity, did your spots take forever to heal on tane? Mine did. and when they did heal, they left worse scars than yours. never had a scar b4 going on tane, haven't scarred since.

Yes they did, and the red marks remain. Before Tane I didn't get any red marks either. Amazing how a derm can prescribe you something that makes your skin look worse...like a surgeon would cut your leg off during surgery or a carpenter burning down your house.

How long should I wait for the scars/skin overall to get better post Tane before I take any actions?

Retin A has two main reasons for prescribing it: acne and wrinkles. There are off-label uses which are perfectly legal, such as scar reformation.

It is a prescription drug. You'd go to your doctor (dermatologist or regular doc) to get a prescription for it. It changes the skin structure and encourages exfoliation as well. It thins the outer layer of skin and plumps up the inner layer (EDITED!). Retin A also encourages collagen reformation.

Over six months of use, you WILL see your scars lessen. Take pictures over the journey so you can see the changes. Once your skin starts changing, it will be hard to see the small incremental changes that happen over time, so the record will help prove to yourself that you are seeing improvement.

Retinoids alone will not likely cure your rolling scars, but you could also check into subcision and dermal fillers. Those are remarkable for rolling scars.

TCA CROSS is remarkable for ice pick scars, but you don't seem to have any ice pick scars. (Count your blessings!) ;)

Good luck! Something WILL work for you. A combo of all the products you see in my signature is helping me. Do not give up hope, as those scars you have can be treated.

If you start with Retin A when your skin is pretty much clear from active acne does it get worse again then? And can you use it while you are in the sun? Does it dry your skin out like Differin?

...What can you say about dermaroller for rolling scars? I would also like to ask how long do you think retin A and glyco can be resumed back in the regimen after having the 100% TCA cross? and may I ask if you have pictures documenting your before and after 100% TCA cross? Thankssssss

I'm pleased to know that the author's scars have a decent chance of being somewhat recovered. My face is in a very similar state as his (if not, better) and I was starting to panic when I read how some people have no luck with treating scars at all!

The only difference for me is that I still get a pimple every now and then, and my face has a lot more healing to do with red marks.

My question now is should I start treating my scars like mentioned in the beginning of this thread before I wait any longer? Or should I get scar treatment till my acne is completely cleared?

Dont know how to help you treat those bro but i have 2 things to say.

i don't think they look bad, and i seriously doubt it will affect your relationships

and you have a nice head for a beard if it really bothers you.