Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Submit your artwork for use on products

Hey you guys. I had a total brainstorm moment at the gym today with a friend. I've been redesigning the products and they are a little blah--see the attached pic for a rough mock-up of how they'll look. I like them because it's handwritten now, but it is bordering on generic. So I was thinking, "how can we get people involved and how can we incorporate a little color?"

And then it came to me. What if I asked you guys to submit "what do Acne.org products mean to you?" artwork. I want to leave the parameters pretty wide. It's not so much, "make an icon for a cleanser" or "make an icon for a moisturizer", but rather, "what do the regimen and acne.org products mean to you?" Any kind of artwork is welcomed, but here is what we need so we can print it:

max size: 1.5" X 1.5"

300dpi or greater

any amount of color is fine

hand drawn/painted and scanned is absolutely acceptable

I'll be choosing 3 designs for now. One for each product. I can offer the makers of the winning designs a year of free product (6 cleansers, 20 BPs, and 12 moisturizers, and a body buddy if you want one). Sound fair? If you'd like to submit artwork, I need it soon. Submission deadline would be next Monday, July 30. Sorry for the short notice but we're going to print very soon. You can email them to [email protected]. Looking forward to it!

post-1-1185418811_thumb.jpg

post-1-1185418811_thumb.jpg

max size: 1.5" X 1.5"

300dpi or greater

any amount of color is fine

hi dan,

how will this work? i assume it will not be wrapping the entire bottle. will it just be a 1.5"x1.5" box in the middle of the bottle? and what color(s) will the bottles be?

thanks,

jeff

This isn't a fair payment for the amount of money you will be receiving from the sale of the product.

I don't think a 1.5x1.5" logo is going to heavily influence the sale of the product personally... besides, just knowing that your design was printed on the products would be good enough of a "prize" in my opinion ;)

i thought that was a fantastic incentive. :eh:

and PLEASE! whatever happens, do not use that white label! it's waaaaay too plain. the one we have now it's so much better.

This isn't a fair payment for the amount of money you will be receiving from the sale of the product.

I don't think a 1.5x1.5" logo is going to heavily influence the sale of the product personally... besides, just knowing that your design was printed on the products would be good enough of a "prize" in my opinion ;)

yes, but if he hired a firm to do it, he certainly couldn't pay them in BP. i don't think payment is an issue though, it's just a chance to put your ideas out there.

Which offer is it? 6 cleansers, 20 BPs, and 12 moisturizers as on this post, or 12/12/12 as in the blog?

Which offer is it? 6 cleansers, 20 BPs, and 12 moisturizers as on this post, or 12/12/12 as in the blog?

Dan changed it to 6/20/12 because it's better suited for a year of usage (as we agreed). If you think otherwise, let us know.

I'm not looking for an logo really, just artwork. I imagine the artwork changing with each batch that we print - probably at least once or twice a year. That way it'll show that we are a community and it's not just another product. We also don't need to do this, but I just thought it would be fun. I'm thinkin' of just having fun with it and seeing where it goes.

Maybe you could offer an incentive? I do not use Dan’s products. Why would I want to create a fantastic logo for Dan?

Ok so exactly why would u even think about doing this if u dont even use the regimen? Why do u even care? Makes absolutely no sense to me :rolleyes:

Personally, I think that Dan's offer is generous. To purchase all the products with shipping, this would cost me $403. If you were fortunate enough to have your ideas chosen, this would be a wonderful addition to a struggling artist's portfolio or anyone's resume. Also, if you don't use the products, you could give them away to friends/family or even sell them on ebay for just under cost. If you still don't feel that it's worth your time, then simply move along, it's NO reason to slam Dan's opportunity. Stop being so critical and negative.

ooh i'll ask cougdrop and kyle (ralizir) since their the only org artists i know of. :razz:

:|

Artwork in 1.5" frame O_O?

Sounds cute xD

Can I submit more than 1 artwork? xD

ooh ooops. :redface:

hey are you going to enter something? :rolleyes:

if pen and paper behave

300 DPI = dots per inch = pixels per inch

so basically he wants the submitted image to be 450x450 pixels or higher