Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LizzyB

isolagen side effects

I've found out that there's a number of people who've had isolagen treatment that now have joint problems - apparently this is due to the use of Fetal Calf Serum in which they grow the cells. Apparantly FCS can cause arthritis. I haven't had any but as I had the treatment for acne scarring rather than to smooth out wrinkles and am fairly young I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem in the future. It seems a number of people have successfully sued isolagen. This is all very worrying so anyone else got any info on this?

Lizzy, can you please post a link or clarify where you sourced this information from. Tnx.

I'm not worried and I had isolagen.

No part of cow remains in you after injections. Your fibroplasts do cos they are biocompatible.

As it happens I am very knowledgable about arthritis and there is no way isolagen could be to blame for somebody having continual inflamed joints. No chance.

Sleep easy. :)

Hi,

OK I've found out a bit more now and am less worried (I think?!)

I got contacted on this website by someone who had set up a group which is taking legal action against their clinics having had isolagen treatment, and this is where I heard about the possible side-effects of arthritis. This person had viewed a previous post I had written about the fact I had a reaction to the injections and asked me to get in contact. I emailed back and am in contact with a whole group of people, most of whom are thinking of suing because the isolagen was unsuccessful and had no effect appearance wise (I think most if not all of this group have had the treatment for anti-aging rather than acne scarring reasons). The group is sharing information and offering each other legal advice and I think it just emerged through their conversations that a lot of them (about half the group) have had joint problems since the treatment.

I think generally the age of the group is a lot older than the ages of those of us who have had the treatment for acne scarring, but I thought I would try and see if there was any scientific evidence for it - I feel fine but it's easy to start imaging aches and pains once it is suggested!.

Sorry don't want to worry anyone but I like to know my facts about what has been injected into me so was hoping to get some more information. Thanks for the comments.

Lizzy, can you please post a link or clarify where you sourced this information from. Tnx.

no ammount of rinsing can get rid of feotal calf serum,and FCS does trigger inflammatory response in the body (arthritis).....did you have your treatment in the US?

Isolagen worked on one scar for me, and that was after 3 rounds of 3 treatments @16,000 each.

Do the maths.

AND, I have got joint issues. In my hands and elbows and knees.

So I will look into this. Can you(lizzy) please supply my the link to the support group??

What next???

And to for home, start looking at other options.....it isnt that effective.

I thought it all sounded too good to be true(isolagen), and it was.

Isolagen worked on one scar for me, and that was after 3 rounds of 3 treatments @16,000 each.

Do the maths.

AND, I have got joint issues. In my hands and elbows and knees.

So I will look into this. Can you(lizzy) please supply my the link to the support group??

What next???

And to for home, start looking at other options.....it isnt that effective.

I thought it all sounded too good to be true(isolagen), and it was.

adella, do you take fish oil??fish oil helps joints..also check out Cissus Quadrangularis..I use it for my joints and tendons because I lift weights..Its worked wonders for me..you can buy it in cheap bulk powdered form from a company called (supplement direct) google it..I use it religiously..I know adella, another thing to buy.. :doh: Its endless.. :wacko: