Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Married2AGamer

did your acne return after accutane?

so i just finished my 7 month course at 60mg daily of soret.i have had awesome results.my skin was completely clear 4 months in.i have been using retin A for maintenance.my question is what is the percentage that it will return?

I'm about 5 months post-tane. Skin is much clearer, but lately I've been getting about 2-3 whiteheads a day. Nothing as bad as it was, but still incredibly annoying to walk around with. So it technically has come back, but not to its original state.

im going 6mos 30mg course. i have clear skin, bacne is no longer a problem. well my derma assured me that about 80% of chance that my acne won't come back anymore thats because of my age, im already 26. she said that the older you are the better chance of completely remission. maybe because you tend to produce oil lesser as you get older...

There's no point in asking this question on an acne message board. The people who were cleared will forget this board ever even existed faster than you could possibly imagine. It's the ones who have their acne come back who remain.

You should ask your derm what % of patients returns for a second course.

My acne on my face didn't even clear up in my accutane treatment, but my back + chest (very mild) acne did, that came back within 2 months of finishing accutane.

There's no point in asking this question on an acne message board. The people who were cleared will forget this board ever even existed faster than you could possibly imagine. It's the ones who have their acne come back who remain.

You should ask your derm what % of patients returns for a second course.

Those numbers are not correct, I mean you can't just assume a patient is clear just because he/she is not visiting his/her derm again...why take another course if the first fails? I don't think there are many people who never get their acne back after taking accutane...way less than 80% in any case.

That's misleading too, to presume that all the patients that do not return for a 2nd course were cleared for ever. I will not be returning for a 2nd course, seeing as accutane didn't even work for me.

I was only accutane for 1.5 months but it cleared me up and 4 months later and Im still clear I just get some small zits sometimes but in different areas then before. I used to get big zits on the lower part of my face and on side but now I Just get really small pimples under my eyes near my nose and they just look like freckles.