Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
N4S

Accutane Log

Ok I just started using Accutane today. I am on the treatment for 5 monthes. My acne is moderate but im tired of taking the roller coaster ride of on going changing treatments because no matter what i do it clears it up for awhile then just comes back again. So my regimen is

*Rinsing with a cetaphil cleanser (b4 i go 2 sleep and taking)

*3 accutane pills (after dinner)

I am also equipted with moisterizer and chapstick. Since its my first day on it obviously i havnt experienced any side effects or differences. So every week ill post the results and every 2 weeks ill get pics to show improvment. My goal is to get advice from other people and also be a guide for people interested in taking accutane.

So ill be back 1 week from now with results and pics (pics might start late because i have 2 work everything out with my camera and scanning)

ok it has been 1 week and sorry but im still not sure about the pics. Todays the day i had my 21 pill. I have seen rapid changes from day 1. so far my acne flared out as my derm said it would and is now startning to heal. My lips also got very chapped and i need constant chap stick. My face has gotten a little red. Im using a moisturizer with SPF 30 and am avoiding the sun. Any one have any other good moisturizer recomendations?

cetaphil with spf 15 is good, and should not cause any break outs or irritation. It is a little oily lookin, but hey, its better than the redness....

Also some of the redness prolly has to do with the cold weather, so hopefully it warms up soon!

good luck!

I start my third session of accutane tomorrow....im excited im finally gonna have clear skin again.

-Cory

start of...WEEK 3

Ok, well my acne kept gettin worse from the accutane before i thought it had calmed down. It has been 3 days since it got worse and it doesnt hurt but is quickly clearing up. Before i went on accutane i didnt have much acne at the time (that was on top of my skin) it was all trapped below the surface creating big red blemishes. The accutane has made this surface and is clearing it up.

Anyway, so far the accutane is going great. No drepression, hair loss or sore joints so far. I have had a few down days when my acne flared but if i have clear skin in 5 monthes anythings worth it.

Statistics:

45th pill (20mg 3/day)

3rd week

Face Washes:

Cetaphil Cleanser

Neutragena moisturizer

Ok for anyone fallowing this log and wants to know about accutane, here are some links to check out:

- freddie1977's Accutane Log

- Accutane Side Effects

- Cosidering accutane

I have also still been seeing better results and healing from before. accutane really hasn't been all to bad for me. A few days i havnt been able to go out of the house but if this works it'll be definatly worth it.

Good luck for anyone else on accutane and anyone who might need it!

post some pics....!!! I know u might be embarassed or whatever about posting them...but just do it. It will help everyone here gauge your progess. Hell, i posted my pics and i wont even show my mom the pics, lol.

Ok...ill take some pics and post them. They will be up before the 4th week.

Hiya :wink: ... Thanks for the encouraging post and for putting a link to my log on your page here! Sounds like you're doing pretty well. Glad to know that. It's good to kinda know someone who's going through the same thing at the same time... Anyway, thanks much, and good luck. :)

start of...Week 4

Well actually its day #2 of week 4 because I wasnt able to get online for a couple days so I apologize for anyone fallowing this. I have seen even more improvement from last week and my skins starting to feel alot better. And to top things out with feeling better I got a date to our winter ball. So happy...I still cant beleive super cool/hot girl to go with. Anyway back to the subject, I still got chapped lips and my skins a bit dry but still nothing serious. Im going for my next blood test this saturday...which means im getting closer to my next session.

- 63rd pill (20mg 3/day)

- Using same moisturizer

- Using same cetaphil cleanser

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Thank You to everyone who has supported me!

Ill be back with pics (As soon As my stupid scanner works)

Date went well, got pizza, went their, had fun and came home, how kool. Anyway saw a great improvement from yesterday to today (thats why im posting this) I seriously now think that stress has a great effect on acne for me because I go have fun and forget about everything and the next day I feel great and my face imporves.

Im a bit paranoid about rashes I might get pretty soon. Anyone got anything to reccomend that I put on, if this happens. Also Ive heard alot about taking vitamin E while on accuante, anyone got any ideas about that.

see ya guys, again good luck to EVERYONE on accutane!

start of...Week 5

Wow what an amazing week. I dont think I've ever had acne on my mind more this week than any week in my entire life. My skin has dryed out to a level of dry I have never experrienced before. I also got my blood work done (the dude had a mohawk and liked the same kinda music) so that was cool. On friday I go in to get my perscription filled again with my dermatolagist.

Ok for the dry skin (I now have the rashes on my arms I was paranoid about) Im using Neutragena moisturizer with spf 15, which so far has been working really well. I really hope my blood tests turn good because I really don't want to stop using accutane.

My lips have been doing much better than they have been before. I got a moisturizer that works really well. It comes in a little circular can thing and works extremely well at healing my chapped lips and helps prevent them from becoming more chapped. Its ingrediants are aloe vera, and vitamin E, and spf 15 sunscreen.

Now for my face, It has also gotten dryer and has made me use a little more moisturizer than I normally do. As for the healing of the initial breakout, its going way better than I ever expected it to. All the spots that had acne on them are shrinking rapidly and the rest of my skin looks good.

I can definatly tell that if this keeps up for the rest of my treatment and I have a month as well as this one, I will have clear skin like most everyone else. I can't wait because I have been waiting for this for about 3 years.

84th pill (20 mg/3 day)

Ill post the results to my next persciption next week.

See everyone later!

start of...Week 6

Well I got my second perscription of accutane and it was weird because when she reveiwed my results for accutane My Chlorestoral level went down from a month ago...weird.

I have seen more improvements and the rashes on my arms are starting to go away. I also got a new moisturizer called M.D. Forte (I think its french) but it works like no moisturizer i have before. I put on a little in the morning and my face is moist for the rest of the day. I also started using Aquaphor, which I should have been using from day 1.

This last week I saw a big improvement on my back, which i have been waiting a while for.

105th pill (20mg/3 day)

Good Luck to everyone on accutane.

wow good to hear, im on my first week and im taking 80mg one day and 40mg the 2nd.. so basically 80 and 20, 80 and 20.. until 5 months. can't wait until my 5-6 week. lol good luck to u.