Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Why do they always make pants for skinny people only?!

i find getting jeans hard, im 5'7 ish and 126 pounds but i have really skinny legs but wide hips so getting jeans to fit my hips dont fit my legs and vice versa. hurray for skinny jeans :) they are the only jean style that fit perfectly.

I'm around 5'5 and it's so hard to find the right jeans!

Because my waist is really small, but my hips are really big....and most of the jeans with the right leg length havae huge waists for me...

So it's hard to find jeans that fit...

I've got a ghetto booty and thunder thighs, but with enough suffering and a willingness to try everything from sizes 6 to 14, I've been able to find flattering jeans. http://www.zafu.com has a really good jean fit finder, though, and some of the pairs of pants I have that fit me well show up on my list, so it seems to know what it's doing.

i find getting jeans hard, im 5'7 ish and 126 pounds but i have really skinny legs but wide hips so getting jeans to fit my hips dont fit my legs and vice versa. hurray for skinny jeans :) they are the only jean style that fit perfectly.

Really?! I have the same thing 5'7 115lbs and wide hips [well, my upper thighs aren't that skinny] and I look completely ridiculous in skinny jeans! Like a pear! I only wear slightly boot cut jeans. GAP fits OK and Uniqlo fits great! [but still kind of big in the waist--I think that's a common problem for a lot of women]

i have this same problem. i'm 5'1" and bottom heavy. i typically get my pants from New York & Co - they're clothes are a true woman's size and cut and they're forgiving too. however, one of the things i've learned from WNTW is that most clothes don't fit most women right off the rack. you have to dress the widest part of you and then you can get everything else tailored.

I've got a ghetto booty and thunder thighs, but with enough suffering and a willingness to try everything from sizes 6 to 14, I've been able to find flattering jeans. http://www.zafu.com has a really good jean fit finder, though, and some of the pairs of pants I have that fit me well show up on my list, so it seems to know what it's doing.

You are linking to acne.org. Its not allowed :|

Really?! I have the same thing 5'7 115lbs and wide hips [well, my upper thighs aren't that skinny] and I look completely ridiculous in skinny jeans! Like a pear! I only wear slightly boot cut jeans. GAP fits OK and Uniqlo fits great! [but still kind of big in the waist--I think that's a common problem for a lot of women]

I wonder who they make these pants for sometimes.....who can easily find a good fit?!

I'm 5'7-5'8, and about 120 lbs and when I buy a small enough size pants to fit, that often means they are too short. Luckily it is getting easier & easier to find jeans with a 34" inseam, so I can actually even wear a little heel with jeans for once.

I have long skinny legs, a short waist, and a larger butt than most girls as thin as me. Jeans that fit over my butt are usually too big on my waist (or upper hip, where jeans really sit) and thighs. The skinny jeans still give me problems in the waist too. The skinny leg is great, but I have like 2 inches of extra room where the pants sit. It used to be worse when pants were cut higher; I'm thankful for lower cut jeans!

I think I could probably take almost all my jeans in at the waist, but then it's such a pain to tailor stuff & who wants to pay the extra money on top of what you paid for the jeans.

I try to avoid pants whenever possible. Instead, I wear Utilikilts!

Down with the tyranny of bifurcation!

Utilikilts

:drool: Men in kilts...but you realize, on a woman, they just become skirts, right?

i'm 5'4 and 135-ish. though i have no problem with my height, i hate how i have NEVER gotten a pair of pants which didn't drag. they all end up getting dirty and broken from getting stepped on all day. :dry: furthermore, i hate getting pants. i have have big hips so it's lal such a hassle... love buying shirts though... don't even have to try 'em on. wish everything was thats simple.

Yeah its not that I hate my height. Its that I hate my height when it comes to picking out pants. They dont make as many pants for medium sized people. Yeah I dont need to try shirts on either. I have skinny arms

Since I had a baby, it seems like pants entered some kind of warp zone while I was in maternity clothes.

If I find a pair that fit, they show my butt crack or drag on the ground. It has been two years since I had my daughter and still can't find normal pants. I am an average girl, I'm not overly tall 5'6, and I'm not fat (don't get me wrong I haven't managed to lose all the weight I gained during pregnancy). I have just your average run of the mill body. Why oh why don't they make jeans for me?

I have tried expensive and cheap, nothing works. If it fits one place it doesn't in another. They best I have found so far are Sonoma petite (even though I'm not petite). Maybe try a pair of those. Good luck and if you find something, let me know.

yeah shopping can be a pain, i have the opposite problem most of you do. im 6'3 150 pounds so it can be hard to find pants that fit me. normally i special order pants as i like guess, true religion and diesel anyway. no place around here stocks expensive denim. i'd kill for a store that carried true religion, i hate ordering $300 pants online.

Welcome to my world I'm 5'6 and the shortest guy I know. I have to buy pants in the children's section of jcpennys or trim the hell outta them. Just being an inch taller would make me happy =(...and this tight clothes trend has to end...I remember one time I dropped a quarter and thought I was gonna burst out of my clothes like the incredible hulk or something, and don't even get me started on sunglasses cuz if you don't like glasses that make you look like E.T. or a pilot then your completely out of luck...like me.

Wow! That site is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it. I'm 5'11 and 60 kg, so finding the right length is insane--unless I'm in Europe, where everything seems to fit perfectly. :think:

Have you ever purchased anything from it? I am still not sure if I should, since jeans is really something I should try on first.

PS: Linking to other sites is fine once in a while as long as we are not spamming/advertising. ;)

I hem up my own pants with my sewing machine. Hand stitching sux and takes toooo long! But if ya can't sew or don't wanna learn the clothing cleaners will hem them for about $10. Well, I know I had to call around to get $10 or less. Maybe you could call around and see? I hate all clothes and wish we didn't notice that it was a bad thing not to wear them! I would so totally go Adam and Eve :dance:

OMG what is up with manufacturers? So yesterday I wore my black dickies. This morning I put my navy blue ones on, same style, same brand, only a different color. They were so tight in my rear end they made me look fat. WTF is up with that?! Now I gotta drag my a** to the store and return it and I dont know when I will have time for that

I have what they call an athletic build. Loosely translated, that means I have a thick waistline & no middle...

I'm 5'5" as well, but it's all leg. I have to have pants either 32"(inseam) in length or over that, & at least a thirty inch waist.

If it wasn't for low waisted jeans, all of them would rise up to just under my boobs. Because of that, before the whole low waisted revolution, all I ever wore were stretch pants rolled down to my natural waistline.

I agree, manufacturers need to get a clue.

I agree, manufacturers need to get a clue.

Yeah, they really do. I had a fling with this man who had just bought a designer jeans company and he could talk forever about the antique looms and the denim and blah blah blah and when he was finished talking I said, "for me, my biggest problem is the fit. I don't really care about how the denim is made." And he just made some noise about how it's not that big of a deal. haha. I never see his jeans on any women though--only on men and they are way too baggy and hip hop looking. But I guess that's their market.

Wow! That site is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it.

Yeah, that's a cool site. I don't know if I would use it for jeans (the ones picked out for me are out of my usual price range), but for bras it looks great. They have all kinds of styles I cannot find in stores in my size. I still hate buying that stuff online though...nothing like trying it on to be 100% sure.

Wow! That site is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it.

Yeah, that's a cool site. I don't know if I would use it for jeans (the ones picked out for me are out of my usual price range), but for bras it looks great. They have all kinds of styles I cannot find in stores in my size. I still hate buying that stuff online though...nothing like trying it on to be 100% sure.

I dont like ordering clothes on line either. I have enough trouble buying clothes in a store as is let alone on line :lol:

Wow! That site is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it. I'm 5'11 and 60 kg, so finding the right length is insane--unless I'm in Europe, where everything seems to fit perfectly. :think:

Have you ever purchased anything from it? I am still not sure if I should, since jeans is really something I should try on first.

I'm terrified to order jeans online too so I haven't yet. I do pay attention to what brands/styles they recommend so that if I end up at a store that carries them, I'll actually try them on (as opposed to just ignoring the jeans and going straight for the easier fun stuff like skirts and shoes). Problem for me is that I don't get out to the MoA enough to actually do this. Maybe someday I'll suck it up and order from a site with an easy return option.

I'm terrified to order jeans online too so I haven't yet. I do pay attention to what brands/styles they recommend so that if I end up at a store that carries them, I'll actually try them on (as opposed to just ignoring the jeans and going straight for the easier fun stuff like skirts and shoes). Problem for me is that I don't get out to the MoA enough to actually do this. Maybe someday I'll suck it up and order from a site with an easy return option.

You make me laugh :lol:

I was so disappointed. The Friday before last, I went to look at jeans. I tried on like five pairs and none of them fit. They were either too tight, too baggy, or too long and the largest size they had at Express was a 12 and I needed a 14. I had my legs and my butt :( They are so huge! I can blame my mother for that lol I have a really small torso and the whole bottom half of me is huge. URGH I hate my body!

Because they hate us and want us to conform to their standards. Didn't you know that? =o

Even when I lose weight, pants don't fit me. I have the most ugly figure ever. Levis are the only brand that fit my body, though some pants with a bit of spandex in it helps. (I just bought a pair of Levis -- 13$ at Ross! =D -- with 99% cotton and 1% spandex in them, and they fit like a dream.)