Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinkinParkFan

How to get rid of dead skin??

After i finish washing face with cetaphil cleansing bar and wait like 10mins my face is all flaky and has dead skin. How do i get rid of this???

Is there a cleanser i should be using???

Use an exfoliator. I personally use Swept Clean by Origins but there are a lot exloliators out there that are good. Some have oatmeal with moisturizer and some have wax beads, charcoal, etc. A lot of people on these boards use St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I haven't tried it but I saw the gentle formula of the St. Ives and it should be good to use.

You can make your own exfoliator too. I sometimes use cornmeal or granulated sugar mixed with some cooking oil or you can just use salt and water to make a sort of paste. I personally like charcoal for the face as an exfoliator and mask. You just need something that is grainy and coarse and just lightly rub it on the face to remove the dead skin cells and wash it off with tepid water. Use an exfoliator every other day before you cleanse. You don't have to rub your face hard or for a long time. Just lightly rub your face with the exfoliator using your fingers for less than a minute and rinse off with tepid water.

The best and most gentle scrub I have ever used is Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (or water) mixed with baking soda . It is great !!

I was never able to use scrubs , they all made my skin sore and I eventually got pimples so I did not use for years , this Cetaphil /baking soda is so gentle and makes my skin glow after I use it , no rashes , no breakouts and the most important thing , the skin is not damaged .

Guest fatman_uk

How effective is that an does it not cause any probs, with there bein pore-clogging glue on the tape?

-Gaz