Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Fix Powder Plus are two very different formulas, with the biggest differences being that Studio Fix Fluid is oil free and has SPF. Studio Fix Powder Plus does not.

And isn't the MAC 187 the best brush known to woman? I would die without that brush.

Yeah Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Fix Powder Plus are two very different formulas, with the biggest differences being that Studio Fix Fluid is oil free and has SPF. Studio Fix Powder Plus does not.

And isn't the MAC 187 the best brush known to woman? I would die without that brush.

do you think the studio fix fluid is better than the select foundation?

Yes I love it! I used to apply the Studio Fix fluid line with the Buff brush (182) and I liked it. The girl who did my makeup even used that one. I like the end application but I was having so much problems with the way it was going on at first and it was always leaving the brush hairs on my face. Now that I went back and got the 187, it still goes on the same and I dont have to worry about brush hairs. It is amazing!!!

I use the same foundation and it does not look cakey. I use this brush:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD6578

This brush really buffs the foundation into your skin and it makes it seem like your not wearing that much makeup. I also wear concealer and mineral powder from MAC to and it really doesnt look like I wear a lot of makeup!

i have the smaller version of that brush! do you think it will work the same? i usually use foundation brushes cus i find they make everything look a bit more natural/give better coverage.

what's the mineral powder? i really want to try some powder

I really dont know for sure if the smaller version would work for the foundation. Im sure it would but I just think that the bigger one would help put on all over coverage. That way your not using so much. The smaller one is great for blush. The mineral powder is awesome. It is light coverage pretty much and all together it looks great! I use concealer for my spots, studio fix fluid line and mineral powder. Sounds like a lot? Its not I even asked my boyfriend, because he will tell me, and he said it didnt look like I had anything on. I know he kinda knows what he is talking about because he always tells me how his brothers gf looks like she has cake on her face. Plus i show him different things when he goes with me to ulta. He is so cute, he is my only friend so I make him learn about some of this stuff!

just for clarification, i'm talking about studio fix fluid, not the original powdered studio fix.

speaking of, have you tried pressed powder? i've never tried it, i always figured it would look too cakey

i haven't used the powder in a long time. application is key, and the fix+ is awesome if you've gotten a little too carried away.

I reckon the only kinda foundation that's okay to sleep with on is Mineral Foundation, I heard that MAC Foundation isn't good for acne prone skin though?

I reckon the only kinda foundation that's okay to sleep with on is Mineral Foundation, I heard that MAC Foundation isn't good for acne prone skin though?

I think the MYTH shall I say of MAC foundation being bad for acne prone skin is a bunch of BULLCRAP! After being on the regimen for 2 weeks and MAC makeup my skin started clearing up. And now it is all the way clear! You can go to MAC and get makeup fit for your skin and they do as well have mineral makeup! Oh and one last thing, mineral makeup is still not good to sleep in. They dont tell you that so that you go and sleep in it. Its a sales pitch meaning its natural so you could wear it to bed. Its still very very very bad if you wear all that shit minerals or not on your face every night!

I use MAC Studio Fix and love it. My skin has actually improved since switching from cheap drugstore make-up to MAC.

It's oil-free, water-based. I love it!

I use MAC Studio Fix and love it. My skin has actually improved since switching from cheap drugstore make up to MAC.

It's oil-free, water-based. I love it!

Right on girl same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its using cheap drugstore shit that fucks up your face!

:) I also believe that because it is light yet provides great coverage, I use less and look natural. Don't even get me started on the concealor! It is amazing!!

I wear the concealer on my spots, studio fix fluid line, and minerale powder all from MAC. I have no zits just left over scars. I didnt use Accutane or anything just the dan kerns regimen. Plus because Im oily all of the product i use from MAC are to dry you out. I never have to touch up or reapply. This may seem like I wear a lot but it doesnt look like I do and thats key! :rolleyes:

Have you used the MAC Matte gel? I use it under my foundation and it really controls the oil. I use Studio Fix fluid also. My powder is the Blot Powder. Love it. Now I'm hooked on the Bronzer Powder. These products give me a dewy look. They don't get cakey or turn orange.

Have you used the MAC Matte gel? I use it under my foundation and it really controls the oil. I use Studio Fix fluid also. My powder is the Blot Powder. Love it. Now I'm hooked on the Bronzer Powder. These products give me a dewy look. They don't get cakey or turn orange.

No i havent used the matte gel but I use proactive oil control and its works wonders. I dont like proactive but that is one item I do like. They have an oil control at MAC but since somehow I alrady had the proactive one I use that. I apply it with a foundation brush from like target and its really really really helps. I barely do any touchups!

I L0VE MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I've been using a damp cosmetic sponge to apply my foundation. Maybe I should try the brush.

Well I use an actuall foundation brush to apply oil control. Then I use MAC concealer brush for my concealer. Then I use #187 to apply my studio fix fluid line. Then I use urban decay powder brush to apply mineral finish powder. But the lady told me she likes to use #182 for powder.

Oil Control:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD1414

I dont use this brush for Oil Control but its the same idea. I use a target brand since is just oil control!

Concealer:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD3666

Foundation:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD6578

Powder:

http://urbandecay.com/categories/PowderBrush.cfm

The other option for powder: http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...CT_ID=PROD10343

I hope that is helpful!!!

Thanks! Great info!! I'm going to MAC this week. I'll definitely be buying a brush or two.

MAC :wub:

Be aware that they are exrtremely expensive. But clean them after every use with mac cleaner. Just like a quick clean to not use the same makeup everyday and then do a deep cleaning on all of them with baby shampoo once a weak! If you do this or atleast once a weak then the money was worth it. Because you can probably tell MAC that is didnt last and you cleaned it properly and they would probably help you out! I know to my boyfriend was a little mad when I cam out of MAC spending a good $140.

so you use the 187 brush for your studio fix fluid? i have the 187, i just use it for bronzer and highlighter. i assume you love it for your foundation? right now i'm using the 190 foundation brush. how do they compare?

so you use the 187 brush for your studio fix fluid? i have the 187, i just use it for bronzer and highlighter. i assume you love it for your foundation? right now i'm using the 190 foundation brush. how do they compare?

If your looking for hella coverage then I wouldnt neccesarily suggest the 187. The reason why I use the 187 for foundation is because it buffs it into my skin and makes it look like im not wearing that much. Then when I use mineral powder it gives me full coverage but doesnt give a cakey look. If you plan on using Studio fix fluid line and powder then I would suggest this brush. The 190 foundation brush is also really good. I use to use that one a long time ago before MAC came out with 187. I think the 187 gives a soft cover because of the buffing it does and the 190 helps cover a lot and is a great blender. Like you can blend any lines forming on your face with this brush. Like around your mouth or in the corners of your nose. Personally I wouldnt mind have both brushes and switching. So when days I feel like I do want a little more coverage I could use the 190. Both in my oppinion are awesome! Go into a nearby MAC counter and explain exactly the look want to achieve and they can tell you which one is better. Like when I went in I said I'm oily, I want a lot of coverage but not wear you can look at me and think I have a caked on face, I have acne prone skin and I want something that won't make it worse. She reassured me that this was a myth ofcourse. Plus MAC has come out with so many new things for all types of skin. What a lot of people dont realize is that the drugstore department stuff is no better or worse for your skin. All the products I use are to dry your face which is what I need because Im so oily. Ever since using it I am not oily at all.

How can I get samples of MAC? I dont have any stores around here and although I love my almacy compact foundation I want something that will give me a bit more coverage for certain occasions. I have no problem covering spots on my chin area but on my cheeks its like nothing ever matches and I only turned the spots a different color. I dont know why its so hard on my cheeks! It irritates me so much and makes me feel like its hopeless to even cover them! Anys are there any good creme foundation's for acne prone skin? Im not so much of a liquid lover, I want something thats easy to spread on and covers nicely. So far I saw the Select Moistureblend, Full Coverage, and the Studio Stick. Im not sure if the Studio Tech is a cream one or a powder one. I dont want a powder foundation because I like the dewey look. Any sugs?? Also how am I going to find a good color for me if I have to oder online!!

How can I get samples of MAC? I dont have any stores around here and although I love my almacy compact foundation I want something that will give me a bit more coverage for certain occasions. I have no problem covering spots on my chin area but on my cheeks its like nothing ever matches and I only turned the spots a different color. I dont know why its so hard on my cheeks! It irritates me so much and makes me feel like its hopeless to even cover them! Anys are there any good creme foundation's for acne prone skin? Im not so much of a liquid lover, I want something thats easy to spread on and covers nicely. So far I saw the Select Moistureblend, Full Coverage, and the Studio Stick. Im not sure if the Studio Tech is a cream one or a powder one. I dont want a powder foundation because I like the dewey look. Any sugs?? Also how am I going to find a good color for me if I have to oder online!!

do you have a mac counter at like your local nordstrom or macy's? you can get samples there too.

anyway, i've never used the moistureblend, but it's designed for dry skin. i've used the studio stick and liked it, but the application is a little tricky and it's easy to apply too much product. the studio tech is a cream foundation, but it's pretty emolient and some people have had problems with it. check out reviews on makeupalley.com.

as far as color selection, well, i don't know what to tell you. if you're ordering from the mac website, they tell you what the letters mean, and you can kind of take it from there. the best thing is to know what your coloring is going into it (like are you warm or cool, pink undertones or yellow undertones.)

Thanks! Great info!! I'm going to MAC this week. I'll definitely be buying a brush or two.

MAC :wub:

Be aware that they are exrtremely expensive. But clean them after every use with mac cleaner. Just like a quick clean to not use the same makeup everyday and then do a deep cleaning on all of them with baby shampoo once a weak! If you do this or atleast once a weak then the money was worth it. Because you can probably tell MAC that is didnt last and you cleaned it properly and they would probably help you out! I know to my boyfriend was a little mad when I cam out of MAC spending a good $140.

like Rush said in another post, do NOT use the MAC cleaner, wayy too harsh.

I do like the MAC cleaner. I only use it to do a fast clean after I do my makeup. When I actually do a a deep cleaning then I use baby shampoo. I never soak my brushes in the MAC cleaner.