Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

Acne.org Moisturizer discussion

Mine will arrive today, but I'll wait a few weeks before writing a review to see how it goes. Hope it doesn't cause acne. :pray: A lot of people say it doesn't so sounds all good!

UPS delivered my moisturizer! How exciting... :boogie:

Wow, that was quick considering where you live! My stuff usually comes in the snail mail. Did you ask for faster shipping?

I received Dan's moisturizer today. The texture feels watery. I like it. Have to use it for 2 more weeks to be able to write a more detail comment. Thanks, Dan!

Yay, everyone is beginning to get their orders. Do please keep us updated on how it works out for you.

^^^I will. Im gonna pick it up at the rental office where I live around 9 o'clock. I am so excited about trying it I woke up at 6. I never wake up at 6 :lol:

I'm not sure where to post this, but it seems reasonable since it's about the Moisturizer.

So I bought the starter kit a few days ago and it's finally here! Yay!

But, a slight problem occurred when I opened the box. The Moisturizer wasn't in there ><. I received the bottle of Cleanser and 2 of the BP tubes, but the moisturizer wasn't included in the box, yet on the recipe [in the box] said there would be a moisturizer..

So is it supposed to arrive seperately? Or did they forget to pack it in there? >< Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. They said they will send it to me ><. But it won't be shipped till the 30th =\ So I can't start until then.

Hi Dan, do we have to use a lot of your new moisturizer. after 2 days, my face started to flake. This is my route, I wash my face, then toner, DK new moisturizer, then DK BP, DK moisturizer again. Today my face feels very itchy and starts flaking... and I've been on the regimen for a little over a month now, using full dose for 2 weeks. Did I do sth wrong? Thanks!

Hi Dan, do we have to use a lot of your new moisturizer. after 2 days, my face started to flake. This is my route, I wash my face, then toner, DK new moisturizer, then DK BP, DK moisturizer again. Today my face feels very itchy and starts flaking... and I've been on the regimen for a little over a month now, using full dose for 2 weeks. Did I do sth wrong? Thanks!

I see a few red flags here.

The order of things is as follows:

Cleanse and rinse

apply bp

apply moisturizer

You've got an unnecessary toner listed above, and you've got some of the steps out of order.

Try to follow the Regimen as closely as Dan describes it, and use as much moisturizer as you need for your skin to look and feel normal. This amount will vary from person to person. My skin is very oily and hardly ever gets flaky, so just a tad bit of moisturizer is adequate for me. However, someone with dry skin might need much more. Just use what you feel is necessary.

Hi Brandy, thank you for replying my question. Hmm... actually I've been using toner for more than a month and my skin wasnt flaky at all. So I'm not sure that's a red flag. The reason why I put on moisturizer b4 BP cuz after washing my face, it gets dry very easily. My face feels very very tight if I dont moisturize it first and wait for the BP to dry up...

Hi Brandy, thank you for replying my question. Hmm... actually I've been using toner for more than a month and my skin wasnt flaky at all. So I'm not sure that's a red flag. The reason why I put on moisturizer b4 BP cuz after washing my face, it gets dry very easily. My face feels very very tight if I dont moisturize it first and wait for the BP to dry up...

Well, the toner may be contributing to the dryness. You may only have just gotten dry recently because you're at the full amount of BP now, I'm guessing.

And most toners are medicated with SA in some amount, or have alcohol in them (take a peek at yours and see what's in it). I'm just saying you might want to consider eliminating any factors other than the basic Regimen. This way we can figure out what may be the problem.

You can certainly use more moisturizer if you need to. And if doing it your way is working for you and clearing your acne, then keep on.

Good luck!

Just used it for the first time - and I LOVE it. Though I do find that I had to use quite a bit more than Cetaphil to get my face as moisturized. Anyone else have this? Also could have been because I used jojoba oil seperately before and that moisturized a LOT.

i would like to try it, but i already have another new bottle of BP sitting on my drawer... im gonna wait until i need a new bottle so i can buy it together with the moisturizer

im not so crazy about the jojoba oil... im not sure how my face would react to it

I received the moisturizer yesterday (I had it rushed shipped) and just wanted to weigh in although I've only used it twice. When I received it, a little was spilling out of the bottle, maybe the top wasn't twisted tightly enough? Nothing serious, just something that I noticed. The texture is a little runny and reminds me of Complex 15 in that way, but I like it because it's very light. I didn't even need a full pump to cover my whole face. It rubbed in very easily and became matte very quickly. I have very oily skin and my skin did not feel oily at all, but it left my face feeling nice and healthy. I haven't used it with makeup yet, but I think it would be an excellent base over makeup because it's not too oily and not too drying. This morning I used it again and the sides of my face by my earlobes felt a little dry, but I just applied some more and the flaking is barely noticeable. There is no other flaking on my face.

Overall I'm very happy with this moisturizer so far. I had been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion in the morning only. It prevented flaking but made my face shiny and almost definitely made my sensitive skin break out. I was VERY skeptical about using a moisturizer over bp without AHA, but my face is not flakey or dry (though it's still a bit early to know if it will stay this way). Jojoba oil never prevented flakes for me in the past so I am very pleasently surprised. Although I don't use as much bp as Dan recommends (I use about a nickel sized amount), I do use a very drying cleanser. I had tried Lac Hydrin 5, Complex 15, Cetaphil SPF 15, and others... but so far Dan's moisturizer keeps my skin much more hydrated.

I don't know the full answer, Potatoes, but Dan's other products are pH balanced so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this moisturizer probably is as well.

i hope so..i think it can be pretty important. especially as it's the last thing you apply.

Same here, received mines fifteen minutes ago. ^.^

As someone mentioned, when I first opened the cap, the neck of the dispenser had some lotion coming out of it. Plus the bottle design is rather plain, and I'm afraid of my parents telling me that I got something rather suspicious, when I know it isn't. :D

Does it really matter if I'm on the regimen or not? I only bought the moisturizer because my other moisturizer(s) wasn't(aren't) good enough for my skin, they either stung really badly or made my face way too oily. Of course, I can start the regimen when I finish my Tazorac regimen. I stopped the Tazorac because my skin wasn't feeling too good. It was too dry, too itchy, and seemed to always be rashed up. Any moisturizer seemed to aggravate the problem.

I tried it just now, but I can still feel some area that are rather dry. My skin does seem to be peeling off, so I might need an exfoliator to get rid of the peeling off skin. But, hopefully in a couple of days my skin will feel tons better.

Does it really matter if I'm on the regimen or not? I only bought the moisturizer because my other moisturizer(s) wasn't(aren't) good enough for my skin, they either stung really badly or made my face way too oily.

No, it does not matter. It says right on the bottle that it is for Dan's regimen but can be used as a stand alone moisturizer.

Just got mine in, and the bottle had some excess lotion too when I raised the nozzle, but it wasn't too bad. I just examined it a little and it does seem nice and light. I'm not do to wash my face for another few hours, but I can't WAIT to try it!

Just got mine in, and the bottle had some excess lotion too when I raised the nozzle, but it wasn't too bad. I just examined it a little and it does seem nice and light. I'm not do to wash my face for another few hours, but I can't WAIT to try it!

I also just received mine :dance: and also noticed that excess lotion after raising the nozzle. Doesn't bother me either though.

Anyway, I just used it for the first time tonight, and it certainly feels better than any other moisturizer I've ever tried, including Eucerin Skin Renewal. I'm not sure whether it's handling flakes and not shining at the moment, though, because I don't like to examine my face at night (stresses me out too much). We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I truly hope it works completely for me because I've experimented far too much with moisturizers since ESR was discontinued. It's funny that I ended up settling on Dan's recommendation anyway (cetaphil lotion) and combining it with Jojoba oil and AHA (also suggested by Dan). That combination has worked well for me, and I'm a little afraid to stray from it now...

I just tried it for the first time last night. I must say it glides on over the BP really easy and feels pretty good. I'll wait a few days before I give my "full" review.

To whom believes they have a valid opinion:

Do you think this moisturizer could be a major key essential to this regimens success? I have used dans regimen with all of his products up to date along with cetaphil spf 15 moisturizer for several years now, but still have not achieved major success.

Could this moisturizer be the key to put me over the hump? I would hate to know that all along I maintained persistent acne because of the stupid moisturizer. I am just pissed off because I have bought alpha hydrox and lac hydrin five and basically wasted my money.

Thanks in advance.

To whom believes they have a valid opinion:

Do you think this moisturizer could be a major key essential to this regimens success? I have used dans regimen with all of his products up to date along with cetaphil spf 15 moisturizer for several years now, but still have not achieved major success.

Could this moisturizer be the key to put me over the hump? I would hate to know that all along I maintained persistent acne because of the stupid moisturizer. I am just pissed off because I have bought alpha hydrox and lac hydrin five and basically wasted my money.

Thanks in advance.

i have cystic acne (acne vulgaris). at one time, the only thing that cleared up my face was accutane.

anyone know if the moisturizer gives you a shiny look (obvious that you put something on)? Cause right now i'm using cetaphil moisturizer and it makes my faces look shiny.....i don't like that....but cetaphil keeps my face really moisturized.

I just tried it, but I accidentally used a whole pump, which is too much, and decided to smear it all over my face. Bad idea. It is a little shiny looking but I think its cuz I used too much. Also, the smell is pretty good. For it being unscented, it sure smells a lot like roses. lol

anyone know if the moisturizer gives you a shiny look (obvious that you put something on)? Cause right now i'm using cetaphil moisturizer and it makes my faces look shiny.....i don't like that....but cetaphil keeps my face really moisturized.

It's not shiny at all, imo. Much better than Cetaphil.