Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azrael

Which medicine to stop/control initial outbreak?

I posted this first in my accutane personal log, but...........

Can anyone tell me what anyone has been prescribed as a medicine to try to stop/control the initial outbreak that you normally get when you start taking Isotretinoin?

I am on day 3 of my 2nd treatment, and wish to start taking something from my derm - what do i ask for? what have others been offered?

I know you cant take Tetracycline antibiotic. but what about Erythromycin antibiotic?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Azraels-2...07-t163448.html

I posted this first in my accutane personal log, but...........

Can anyone tell me what anyone has been prescribed as a medicine to try to stop/control the initial outbreak that you normally get when you start taking Isotretinoin?

I am on day 3 of my 2nd treatment, and wish to start taking something from my derm - what do i ask for? what have others been offered?

I know you cant take Tetracycline antibiotic. but what about Erythromycin antibiotic?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Azraels-2...07-t163448.html

I think you could ask for that, or Bactrim or Prednisone.

I don't know really but if I were you I wouldn't take even more medicine with accutane... I know people do it but it can't be healthy. Accutane is already so hard on your body....

And the initial breakout just gets rid of all the crap. It's actually a good thing... not fun but it's good..

good luck

You will probably get a ton of responses on here about what different things people used to help with their IB. Your best bet is to talk to your dermatologist. There is a plethera of medications out there for a reason - if the same medicine worked for everyone, there wouldn't be a need for all these different meds. Your doctor knows you, knows your skin, knows your medical history....what you've tried before, what group of meds might work best on your particular type of acne. Give your dermatoligist a call and ask him or her to prescribe something THEY think is safe for you and will work most efficiently. Good luck.

If you're like most of us, you're probably completely or very near being immune to Tetracycle / Augmentin -- my doctor gave me a perscription of Prednisone to deal with the initial breakout and inflammation I already had -- amazingly enough i'm almost 3 weeks in and I still haven't had my "IB". I'd really recommend talking to your doctor about it.