Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Differin cream and BP

ok today I just got a perscription to use BP at night and differin cream in the morning. From what I have read these make your skin extremely dry. First of all, are you supposed to apply mosturizer after you apply Differin? Can you wear makeup with differin? Anyone got any good mosturizers out there?

Thats realy strange that your derm told u to use defferin in the morning, u r supposed to use it at the night.

I was prescribed both of these and use bp in morn and def at night

u dont need to mositurise at night with defferin, u do need to with bp, once u have applied bp wait 15 mins and then moisturise

a good mositurizer is nutrogena SPF 15

Yea im also on the two...well not just BP but benzamycin...and i use differin at night that is strange she has u using it in the morning?? oh well but i wear make up with it i thiink thats fine...and i personally dont need to moisturize for some reason its not really drying out my skin too much but when i get a lil flaky i use cetaphil and it seems to work just fine..

Now I'm kind of worried! My derm. defenitly told me to do the BP at night and Differin cream in the morning...I should go with what she says right?

I am also currently on Differin and my derm also told me to apply it in the morning. I use Benzamycin at night. I apply moisturizer about 10 min after I apply my Differin in the morning. I also wear concealer on top of that because I feel more comfortable hiding my acne. So you are not the only one with that routine! I just think all derms are different.

This might help you all...Learning about treatments in my Dermatology class...Differin is a synthetic retinoid-like compund (similar in chemical structure and properties as Retin-A and Tretinoin)...and because it is not idential to a retinoid it is photochemically stable, that is, it doesn't breakdown chemically (thus losing its efficacy) unlike its pure retinoid cousins (that's why Retin-A and Tretinoin MUST be applied at night, otherwise they won't work one bit). So lots of derms are prescribing patients to use Differin in the morning and wear it during the day because of this, and also because it produces a lot less irritation than BP. Plus, BP can leave a nasty white film on the face which can be quite unsightly.

So...definitely follow what your derm tells you...these people (well...the majority of them anyway ;p) know what they're doing

Hope that helps!