Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had these ugly red marks crowding on my right cheek for months.

Now I have 1 month left before I go to be an exchange student in China. Is it possible to make them completely gone?

Please help! :wall::cry:

I wouldn't advise tanning, it's really bad for your skin. You can use diluted lemon juice or Apple Cider Vinegar to help fade the spots. (Don't go over 50% water and 50% lemon juice/Apple Cider Vinegar) Exfoliating will help too.

Potato juice. Just rub and leave for, say, 30 min raw potato slices on your face. Keep doing it for a few days. They say it's very good for acne scars, too. I'm going to try it tonight for the first time. I'll let you know how it goes.

TCA peels are an aggressive approach which will help immensely. Negatives are a) its an expensive treatment and b) your skin has to heal so it might not look that great for a few weeks.

I use glycolic acid but it's a pretty slow approach really, and I use 50%. I guess you could get 50% or stronger and leave it on for 5 or more minutes but you have to be so carefull.

retinoic acid peel, about 4~5% is very helpfull.

isn't much strong, fast healing :)

I don't think there really is any 'fast' cure for red marks apart from maybe laser but that can be costly and just as with other products the results, or success, will differ from person to person. Time is an important factor in the healing of red marks. Some I had for a year just recently faded and I used nothing on my skin other than exfoliating every now and again.

I think exfoliation does help a lot when it comes to getting rid of marks over time though.

what is retinoic acid peel?