Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, I'm new to this thing, and I didn't know where to post this.

But, I need to know if I'm doing something wrong.

This is my routine.

In the morning I get out of the shower let my face dry then put cetaphil on my face, then let it dry and then put clean and clear five (5 percent benzyol peroxide) then moisturize.

And before bed I do the exact same thing.

I have been doing this for about a month.

It really hasn't changed anything.

You put Cetaphil facewash & let it dry? Am I understanding you correctly? You don't want to do that.....wash your face with Cetaphil & water...rinse the face wash off with water, don't let it dry on your face. You can do that in the shower if you want. Then pat your face dry & let air dry a bit more. Then apply BP & let it dry. Then apply moisturizer.

What moisturizer are you using?

Is it possible for you to buy 2.5% BP instead?

Are you using the full amount of BP?

If you follow DKR accurately then it can still take months to see results. It took me 3 months to clear up. Give it time!

You put Cetaphil facewash & let it dry? Am I understanding you correctly? You don't want to do that.....wash your face with Cetaphil & water...rinse the face wash off with water, don't let it dry on your face. You can do that in the shower if you want. Then pat your face dry & let air dry a bit more. Then apply BP & let it dry. Then apply moisturizer.

If you follow DKR accurately then it can still take months to see results. It took me 3 months to clear up. Give it time!

actually you can use cetaphil with or without water. just rub a little on the skin, then wipe it off. they have waterless instructions on the bottle.

nothing, it is fine to use that way. the thin film it leaves on the skin is actually moisturizing.

If you are using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (NOT any of their other cleansers), then you can use the cleanser without water, but you are still supposed to remove it and not let it dry on your face. You are supposed to wipe it off right away, if not actually rinse it off. I've tried using this cleanser before like that in the past, though, and I didn't like the sticky residue it left behind, though. I would think that might interfere with your BP application and make it go on gross. If I were you, I'd use the cleanser like a normal cleanser, where you lather it in your hands, apply it on your face gently, and rinse off immediately. Once your face is dry, then you can apply the BP. I recommend waiting at least 10 minutes for the BP to dry if not longer, and then you apply moisturizer. It's typical not to have cleared up much after a month, too, so don't get discouraged.

actually you can use cetaphil with or without water. just rub a little on the skin, then wipe it off. they have waterless instructions on the bottle.

Siouxsie, the wiping instructions are only for the Gentle cleanser, not the Normal-to-Oily, FYI. The couple of times I tried using the Gentle cleanser that way at a friend's house way back in the day, I really didn't like it, it does not wipe off cleanly and the cleanser even has SLS so I didn't particularly want to leave it on my skin. The Gentle cleanser is really bad at removing makeup, too, so many women wouldn't want to bother with it.

Alright thanks,

because I don't have that bad of skin.

I used to last year and I just started using benzoyl peroxide and it helped ALOT.

Then after a year of use I started getting little white bumps around my mouth that I could only see when I stretched my skin, after a duration of time they turn into zits.

Then it will clear up and then come back. It is weird and I don't know what to do about it.

Thanks for the input.

Alright thanks,

because I don't have that bad of skin.

I used to last year and I just started using benzoyl peroxide and it helped ALOT.

Then after a year of use I started getting little white bumps around my mouth that I could only see when I stretched my skin, after a duration of time they turn into zits.

Then it will clear up and then come back. It is weird and I don't know what to do about it.

Thanks for the input.