Notifications
Clear all

Ziana questions

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:42 pm

So I am doing a "modified" DKR, which involves basically replacing BP at night with Ziana (or two generic equivalents).

My inflammatory acne is about where it was, mostly under control with a random pimple now & then. It was probably just slightly better with BP twice a day. I have some dryness again also, but I am probably adjusting to Ziana still.

I was trying this new regimen to get rid of the small, bumpy, comedal acne I had, mostly on my chin. Now I have a lot of these tiny red bumps on the lower right side of my face. They are mostly noticeable when light hits my face. I have never had acne like this before. I'm not sure what type it is, but they seem more comedal even thought they are slightly red. They don't hurt or grow in size like my inflammatory acne did.

I've been on Ziana about 3 weeks now, so is there is an initial purging? I want to stick it out 3 months to give it a fair shot, so I'd appreciate any details on your experience with it & how long it took to see results (esp. with smaller comedal acne).

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 07/24/2007 3:58 pm

nobody?!

MemberMember
(@refineme91)

Posted : 08/03/2007 8:40 am

i want to know others experiences too, just started ziana on the 5th of july, so i think we're in the same boat here.

MemberMember
(@katey)

Posted : 08/06/2007 10:01 am

My derm recently switched me over to Ziana because I didn't like the results of Retin A Micro ("RAM"). RAM was working in terms of clearing my skin, but it was still left dry and dull.

During the first week of using Ziana, I completely broke out. I was freaking out because I hadn't broken out like that in so long. I experienced red bumps on my forehead and small tiny ones on both cheeks.

I decided to stick through it since there was even a purging process with RAM and I figured this was the purging process for Ziana. It's about the end of the second week and my skin is looking much better. Everything has pretty much cleared up. There are still a few little bumps here and there that I'm hoping will go away soon. That sounds fast, since even the RAM took longer to clear up the acne caused during the purging phase. I'm actually quite amazed at how quickly the acne cleared up! Hopefully this product continues to amaze me. :)

Good luck to everyone else on this med.

MemberMember
(@ss5800)

Posted : 08/06/2007 1:01 pm

Check my sig.

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 08/07/2007 3:49 pm

During the first week of using Ziana, I completely broke out. I was freaking out because I hadn't broken out like that in so long. I experienced red bumps on my forehead and small tiny ones on both cheeks.

I decided to stick through it since there was even a purging process with RAM and I figured this was the purging process for Ziana. It's about the end of the second week and my skin is looking much better. Everything has pretty much cleared up. There are still a few little bumps here and there that I'm hoping will go away soon.

I've had a very similar experience so far, small red bumps on my cheeks (never gotten acne like that there before), and it has cleared up a bit, but not completely. The comedal acne I wanted to clear up has not budged. So technically, my skin has been worse with this regimen so far than DKR.

I go to the derm again tomorrow....I will see what she says, but I am guessing she'll just tell me to keep with it awhile longer.

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 08/08/2007 8:15 pm

So I went to the derm today & she said that it will just take time for the retin-a to clear up my comedal acne. I saw the derm's assistant also (forget his exact title) and he said the same thing.

She said my acne looks better to her, but I don't see much difference; the acne has just changed. I have no large pimples right now, but I still have those small red bumps on the side of my face. They are starting to clear up, but every time they do they come back within a week. It's like they never fully heal.

Anyway, I'm scheduled to go back in 3 months, and hopefully by then my skin will have more improvement. I guess I just have to keep sticking it out with Ziana & hope for the best.

MemberMember
(@mille211)

Posted : 10/28/2014 8:57 am

So I went to the derm today & she said that it will just take time for the retin-a to clear up my comedal acne. I saw the derm's assistant also (forget his exact title) and he said the same thing.

She said my acne looks better to her, but I don't see much difference; the acne has just changed. I have no large pimples right now, but I still have those small red bumps on the side of my face. They are starting to clear up, but every time they do they come back within a week. It's like they never fully heal.

Anyway, I'm scheduled to go back in 3 months, and hopefully by then my skin will have more improvement. I guess I just have to keep sticking it out with Ziana & hope for the best.

How did Ziana work out for you? When did the IB end?

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 11/16/2014 3:35 am

How did Ziana work out for you? When did the IB end?

It was such a long time ago, that I cannot remember what happened with the IB.

I do remember not liking it, which is why I stopped it. I think it was drying and not that effective, if I remember right.

My best results have been with BP 2x a day except when I use tazorac at night. I will use 2% tazorac a few nights a week for about a month, then a month rest, and so on. I also moisturize well, which seems to help decrease inflammation and heal up healing if I do breakout.

I don't break out a lot, but i still get cysts on my period (and I'm about 31 years old :/ ).