Notifications
Clear all

breast implants

MemberMember
(@connie08)

Posted : 07/22/2007 10:21 pm

I just got my boobs done a few days ago and the results are amazing. It only cost $6000. I don't regret it for one minute. I love them. I can go out and wear cute little shirts that show cleavage without a bra! Anyone else on here have implants?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 07/22/2007 10:23 pm

Im glad you love your new implants! I could never do that though. I dont like how one boob is bigger than the other but I still wouldnt do it. My boobs are big enough, 36C

MemberMember
(@a-shizzle)

Posted : 07/22/2007 10:25 pm

nope, haven't done it and never would but it's great that you are so happy with them. still sore i'd imagine!

MemberMember
(@miss-chanel)

Posted : 07/22/2007 10:30 pm

both mom and step sister had 'em done. but i am confident in myself and would never need them but i glad you like them.

MemberMember
(@foomph)

Posted : 07/23/2007 12:56 am

I wish I could do that too...can you breastfeed with implants?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:01 am

I would like to have something done. I am a 34A with a 5'5 125 pound body. I love the shape of my boobs. I just wish they were a little larger.
MemberMember
(@miss-chanel)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:18 am

MemberMember
(@betternow)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:18 am

pics ;)

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:23 am

I've got 'em. Had them for 7ish years. I'm only a 34 C, almost D with them, so it suits my frame since I'm 5'7". I felt more self-conscious and unfeminine prior to the augmentation. If one ruptures, I'm having it replaced. I am delighted I did it, but I would be ever so much more compliant with taking pain meds if I were to do it again.

I read that one can breastfeed with implants, provided it is under the muscle. Areolar insertion comes with more risks for nerve damage in the ductal area, and possible risk of damaging the ducts themselves. There are other means of insertion, too (like armpit!), but those require a longer area of tunneling to reach the final resting place for the implant.

Submuscular looks more natural, too, than above the muscle, and has less risk for capsular contracture, rupture, etc. It hurts one whole heck of a lot more because the muscle gets cut as well, and then there's a lot of handling of the tissue to create the pocket the implants are put in. It hurt like mad!

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:39 am

I really admire people who get implants! I am told that my breasts are big enough as they're 34 C /32 D's but because of my rib cage they seem to ME to be a lot smaller. With the wrong bra i just don't fill it the way i'd like to. If i had my wish i'd have fuller breasts as my ribcage size makes them not as full i suppose? does that make sense? anyways if i could get surgery without having family and friends hate me i would do it but since i can't i'll just sigh and wish evryone else the best! sigh.

MemberMember
(@dirge)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:46 am

I would happily get a boob lift/reduction. To me, THAT would be augmentation. xD I hate my boobs with a passion.

Are you guys at risk for having them rupture? I heard they don't last very long. They're safe(er?), now, right?

Sorry; I ask too many questions. xP

Are you still sore, Connie? I hear they really don't look their best until a few months down the road, so if you're pleased with them now, you're probably going to love them later.

MemberMember
(@connie08)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:10 am

MemberMember
(@connie08)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:14 am

I would happily get a boob lift/reduction. To me, THAT would be augmentation. xD I hate my boobs with a passion.

Are you guys at risk for having them rupture? I heard they don't last very long. They're safe(er?), now, right?

Sorry; I ask too many questions. xP

Are you still sore, Connie? I hear they really don't look their best until a few months down the road, so if you're pleased with them now, you're probably going to love them later.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:18 am

Usually the length of time the saline implants last is an average of 10 years before they begin to leak or actually rupture. That's an average, so some people's last longer, or much less time.

Were yours under the muscle or over? Where's the incision? If under the muscle, you're ONE tough cookie to already be thrilled. :D Remember, the swelling sometimes takes up to a month or more to go down with submuscular implants.

MemberMember
(@pop-politics)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:22 am

I was recently seeing a girl who'd had her breasts augmented, apparently they weren't a good shape. They felt very real, and she claimed her confidence doubled after she got them altered. I'm not sure they were enlarged much, just brought higher up.

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:38 am

My momma has 'em =]

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:45 am

My momma has 'em =]
MemberMember
(@miss-chanel)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:56 am

my mom is skinny, and when she had hers done, she had to stretch her skin so much, they look EXTREMELY fake. like pam anderson status. :/

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 07/23/2007 8:36 am

I was recently seeing a girl who'd had her breasts augmented, apparently they weren't a good shape. They felt very real, and she claimed her confidence doubled after she got them altered. I'm not sure they were enlarged much, just brought higher up.
MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 07/23/2007 9:10 am

I had a breast lift after I finished breastfeeding my second child .... really didn't care for the deflated balloon look. :) I got small implants as part of the procedure, to give my breasts more fullness on top.

I was a C cup to begin with, so I was very emphatic with my surgeon about not getting any bigger than that. I have broad shoulders and pretty muscular arms, and I think larger breasts would have made me excessively top-heavy.

Anyway, I'm thrilled with my results ..... my breasts look and feel extremely natural, and the scars from the lift have faded really well.

I totally support women who want to augment their breasts for personal reasons, but I do advise anyone considering the process to think long and hard about how big they want to go. My sister-in-law, who has a very similar build to mine -- tall, athletic, broad-shouldered -- went for a large D-cup. Big mistake, IMO ..... she used to look really elegant in her clothes, and now she's just all boobs.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 07/23/2007 9:27 am

^Absolutely true. You've got to look at your frame and remember that you don't want to look like a beanstalk with two pumpkins grafted at the top under a cantelope of a head...

MemberMember
(@connie08)

Posted : 07/23/2007 9:52 am

When u have small boobs it doesn't matter if they look fake or not, trust me! I've had less than an A cup all my life. It has boosted my confidence completely. All everyone does is stare at them. It's pretty funny.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 07/23/2007 9:53 am

When u have small boobs it doesn't matter if they look fake or not, trust me! I've had less than an A cup all my life. It has boosted my confidence completely. All everyone does is stare at them. It's pretty funny.
MemberMember
(@saphire82)

Posted : 07/23/2007 10:24 am

I really want implants. Im married and I know my husband loves me no matter what, but I really need to boost my own self confidence because it doesnt matter what he tells me, mine are so extremely small and Im so conscious about them. I guess I would say mine are like Debra Messing's size.

Ok so since I do not have a lot of natural fat in mine does that mean that they are inevitably going to look really unnatural? Ive always heard that women who have more natural tissue there already end up having it look more natural, which makes sense to me but is that true?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 07/23/2007 10:35 am

More tissue does help them look more natural, as does sub-muscular implantation so you don't get the suction cup effect of two coconuts stuck to the chest wall. The muscle helps hold down the implants into a natural shape and form.

It is not a good idea to go really big, though, if you have a small frame. First, the lack of tissue will really make the surgery hurt like crazy for a while. Second, it just won't look very natural.

The max you should go is to a C comparable size; your surgeon will be able to show you pictures of pre and post surgery with clients who have a similar size and end result you want.

I picked the look I wanted from the several before and afters I saw. The after I liked was actually a nurse who worked there. She was absolutely thrilled with her results, as am I.

This is the surgeon's website: http://www.cummingsplastic.com/html/breast-augmentation.html