Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fascistbaby

How did it take for Accutane to dry out your hair?

I've been on Amnesteem for 11 days now. My dermatologist told me that it would probably dry my hair out and the one thing that I was looking forward to was not having to wash my hair everyday. :dance: So I was just wondering from some of your personal experiences how long until you started noticing a difference with your hair and how oily it was?

3rd week. I used to have to wash my hair everyday....now I wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week!! At first it was kind of weird, but then I realized it was going to save me a lot of time in the morning :)

I don't know. I never had greasy hair to begin with. I have naturally dry hair.

I was very worried about my hair getting even drier because it would make it look really ugly. I've been on accutane for 2 months now but my hair is still nice because I take extremely good care of it. I wash it every 3 days or so and before I wash I put on coconut and jojoba oil for a couple of hours and I wash with a very mild shampoo (only on the scalp) and loads of conditioners and a mask almost every time I wash.

this works really well and I do think it's important to condition your hair well on accutane.