Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noremac

What's the best way to get rid of scarring and redmarks?

I'm on Accutane right now and most of my acne is clear but i have a lot of scars and redmarks. is there anyway i could treat them myself or is surgery pretty much the only answer?

Thanks.

thanks alot.

i must sound like a broken record :P

have you used or heard anything about mederma by any chance?

One thing thats really good for scars and redmarks is a Hydroquinone cream like Palmers which help lighten the redmarks or darkspots left by acne. I personally tried and loved "AcneFree Complete Scar Fade and Erase", that not only comes with a hydroquinone cream but also a great spf moisturizer! Older scars are very hard to dissapear sometimes they are for life especially pock marks and ice pick marks but give the hydroquinone a try and see if it helps a bit, and remember scars and spots take time to fade so expect to see results in no less than two months.

try acne getaway 101E, im using it now and it seems to work for scars and red marks, as well as preventing breakouts. its pretty expensive though: $30(aus) for 1 little bottle.

BUeno tortias people!! From time to time i get huge zits that sometimes leave scaring,its very frustrating indeed.What i did to take away the occasional scars was, after i finished applying BP to my face at night i used Fruit of the earth 100% natural Aloe Vera Gel.I applied enough to cover my whole face and left it on while i slept.It takes a lil time but gradually the scars will fade.Also i only applied it at night because the gel can make your skin feel really tight when used alone.If you want to use it during the day, what i did was i mixed it with a lil moisterizing lotion to make it more supple.Remeber scars take time to heal,Aloe Vera gel helps to boost the healing time.Goodluck peoples.Oh one last thing, it cost me only six dollars and the bottle is huge,cant complain.

I was about to post a topic with the same exact question.

The only diffrence is that I have about 20days left on Accutane

and I almost dont have any ACNE, but I do have scarring and

red marks.

Thanks for the answers!

^ Azelaic acid is no magic bullet, but it's helping my red marks fade. Totally sped things up for me.

Majority are gone, I just have a couple left, & two new ones because I was dumb enough to pick one night. :naughty: