Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brian159

Accutane...is it rite for me???

I've had Acne now for about a year and a half and it has affected my life in a very bad way i really hate my skin and i just cant stand it how it is, it really gets me down:(. So ive been on anti-biotics for the last 8 months with my acne improving from moderate to mild-monderate but ive still got quite a lot of spots and blackheads and ive been using BP for even longer than the anti-biotics. so i was just wondering do u think i could go on accutane ovbiouly a very low dose but i would really like to try it and see how it goes and what affect it has on my skin but is my acne not severe enough?? or have i not had my acne long enough??? and would my doc even consider putting me on it???

if youre in england only derms can prescribe roaccutane so get a referral from your doc to a derm. My mistake was not even knowing about derms and trusting that my doctors were doing the right thing and actually they were fobbing me off with stuff. So get someone who knows what they are doing.

chances are if youve only used bp and been on one type of antibiotic, a derm or doc will want to try you on different types for a while to see if they make a any difference. Get on the case soon cause they will keep you on an antibiotic for at least 3 months before deciding whether its working.

i tried 3 types of antibiotic, 3 topicals, 2 types of bcp and every otc product on the shelves before i was referred to a derm, then sh gave me another antibiotic and topical for 3 months. realise now that i was being fobbed off.

i think you have to really fight for accutane if you only have mild/moderate acne even though i think you should be just as eligible as someone with severe; the psychological effects are the same. Besides, its not realistic to be on antibiotics and applying topicals for the forseeable future.

you'll get it if you fight for it.

sure just ask your doctor. your doctor will tell you what dose you will be on, usually 1mg/kg/day for 20 weeks.

I've had Acne now for about a year and a half and it has affected my life in a very bad way i really hate my skin and i just cant stand it how it is, it really gets me down:(. So ive been on anti-biotics for the last 8 months with my acne improving from moderate to mild-monderate but ive still got quite a lot of spots and blackheads and ive been using BP for even longer than the anti-biotics. so i was just wondering do u think i could go on accutane ovbiouly a very low dose but i would really like to try it and see how it goes and what affect it has on my skin but is my acne not severe enough?? or have i not had my acne long enough??? and would my doc even consider putting me on it???

m8 if your acne is really getting you down so much i think you should give RoAccutane a go. Make an appointment with a dermatolagist, n tell them what you have used in the past n tell them how its making you feel and that you are really eager to get it over with.

They might put you on different antibiotics and that may be all you need to get clear, but to me antibiotics did nothing.

Go for it - Accutane is awesome.

I'm on low dose (20mg day) and at the end of month 3. For months 4-6 I will be on 30mg. I have mild acne. My acne cleared at the end of month one and blackheads/pores cleared month 2 and 3. Accutane really flushes the skin out. There are a few posts I read here that it didn't work, but for the majority, it works wonders. So yes, if acne is affecting your life (know even mild acne affected me) then go for Accutane. Accutane gives you a fighting chance to rid your acne for good or for a longer period than antibiotics.

Tell your Derm. how you feel and how much your acne is disturbing the quality of your life.

Good luck.

Yvette