Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shar

I am new, have a couple questions

hello

I just found this site, and I am going to try the regimen. I just had a couple of questions. I heard that birth control pills can clear up acne. Has anyone else heard this or tried them? Also, I heard that taking vitamins can cause flare ups. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

Please read the articles in this regimen about foods that causes acne.

thank you,

lili..taipei

Certain birth control pills can clear mild to moderate acne in many women, but the results can take up to a year since your hormones have to become balanced. And, it can also make acne worse or cause acne for other women. A doctor is usually the best at determining if it will work for you, because they know the different estrogen/progestin levels in pills; and they could also take bloodwork to find out if you have any hormonal imbalances. If your acne is not hormonal, then birth control pills will probably not do much to improve it. And - about vitamins - since iodine has been linked to acne, you should try to avoid any multivitamins that contain iodine.