Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kcsenior0302

Super oily skin and horrible acne... Please Help!!

I have a bad problem with oily skin and breakouts. I have large and small pimples on my face, neck, chest and behind my ears. Does anyone have any recommendations on hoe to fix ths problem. I am on a fixed budget so lease keep that in mind.

I have a bad problem with oily skin and breakouts. I have large and small pimples on my face, neck, chest and behind my ears. Does anyone have any recommendations on hoe to fix ths problem. I am on a fixed budget so lease keep that in mind.

You should post this in the "Nutrition and Holistic health" forum.... I dont think you'll get answers here... For people to help you they have to know what your diet is like right now and your excerise regimen... so it would be good to type that out. Good luck...

This would be a great post to make in the over the counter acne products forum.

There are many inexpensive over the counter acne products that work very well.

Dan's regimen, or the acne.org regimen is a great starting point. If you buy all the products at once you will save on shipping, too. You would just have to find your own moisturizer until his becomes available.

People do say that his Benzoyl Peroxide gel is the best and that it sinks into the skin without leaving a white residue on the skin. I do not have personal experience with his gel (since I cannot use BP), but from the reviews one reads, it sounds pretty darn good and inexpensive, too. You get MORE product for less money including shipping than if you were to buy a small tube of BP in the stores.

Some quick advice,

Eliminate Dairy, Wheat, Sugar.

Eat: Chicken, Avocados, Cantalope, Basamiti Rice & White Potatos don't bother my acne so you can give them a try, Strawberries, blueberries. Just whole foods.

Don't use condiments, salt, pepper, or anything that nots naturally there. Have a couple tsp of cod liver oil a day, and go tanning a couple times to get the acne to start drying up. Just stay tough and don't break, because once you do you will break out all over again. It worked for me if you have any questions you can pm me. good luck

these few tips should greatly reduce your oil by themselves

- cut out all simple carbs ie. enriched wheat products, sugar, honey,sweeteners, juice, soda

- cut out all caffeine except some tea

- drink only water and lots of it, 3+ liters a day

- overdose fish oil

Probably going to start an argument here but anyways its non intentional if i do lol.

Im NO LONGER AT ALL have a TRACE of ANY spots after 3 years of suffering....reason??

Low carb diet, my meals are based on low carb veggies and meat. If im in need of a "treat" I have a square or two or REAL dark quality chocolate (19g carbs per 100g - 2 squares is like 20g) so dont feel deprived. I dont drink ANY fizzy drinks mainly drinking tea with not even a half teaspoon of sugar, full fat milk and other drinks include water.

Breakfast is two large eggs with a bit of low fat cheese (real grated chedder dont worry if its not low fat though) and a slice or two of ham/chicken/turkey/bacon....

This keeps me full until lunch which is beef/pork/chicken etc with stir fried peppers/mushrooms and a piece of two of brocolli...if I feel im loosing weight I add more fat or protein.....

Dinner is the same as lunch or near enough the same....

Result: Clear Peachy skin :)....no migraines...increased energy etc etc....

There is a lot about dairy and acne, but I find as long as you watch the carb content your fine...I take SOME milk in my tea and just sweeten my tea with the TEENIEST amount of sugar (youd be amazed at how your taste to sweetness changes!!) but im sure if i had pint glasses of milk my face would breakout....

This is similar as to when I have a "bad day"..1-2 days later I get a spot or two NOTHING major though as I get back on track.

You really have to put in the effort to work. Dont be confused by all the "health gurus" out there advising to drink fruit juices eat more fruits, vegetables etc etc

Regardless of WHERE your carbs are coming from you HAVE to watch the amount you eat they will all have the same effect if eaten to excess. For the time being its best to swap fruit for vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, cucumbers, etc)

Either try it or dont its up to urself....i wish u all the best!

Please report on your progress you will NOT be disappointed xx :D

ps..just to add when im eating *RIGHT* my skin is nevr as oily at midday but instead has a healthy glow :)

Probably going to start an argument here but anyways its non intentional if i do lol.

Im NO LONGER AT ALL have a TRACE of ANY spots after 3 years of suffering....reason??

Low carb diet, my meals are based on low carb veggies and meat. If im in need of a "treat" I have a square or two or REAL dark quality chocolate (19g carbs per 100g - 2 squares is like 20g) so dont feel deprived. I dont drink ANY fizzy drinks mainly drinking tea with not even a half teaspoon of sugar, full fat milk and other drinks include water.

Breakfast is two large eggs with a bit of low fat cheese (real grated chedder dont worry if its not low fat though) and a slice or two of ham/chicken/turkey/bacon....

This keeps me full until lunch which is beef/pork/chicken etc with stir fried peppers/mushrooms and a piece of two of brocolli...if I feel im loosing weight I add more fat or protein.....

There is a lot about dairy and acne, but I find as long as you watch the carb content your fine...I take SOME milk in my tea and just sweeten my tea with the TEENIEST amount of sugar (youd be amazed at how your taste to sweetness changes!!) but im sure if i had pint glasses of milk my face would breakout....

This is similar as to when I have a "bad day"..1-2 days later I get a spot or two NOTHING major though as I get back on track.

You really have to put in the effort to work. Dont be confused by all the "health gurus" out there advising to drink fruit juices eat more fruits, vegetables etc etc

Regardless of WHERE your carbs are coming from you HAVE to watch the amount you eat they will all have the same effect if eaten to excess. For the time being its best to swap fruit for vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, cucumbers, etc)

ps..just to add when im eating *RIGHT* my skin is nevr as oily at midday but instead has a healthy glow :)

for me, sugar, wheat/grains/gluten, dairy and eggs are the biggest offenders as is excessive salt and processed foods.

I think I'm going to go on a low GI diet (for life) after reading your post and relating them to past experience. Now, for those with very severe acne, changing your diet might do little help, but for people like me (who suffer from oily skin and occasional breakouts), a low GI diet might just be what I'm looking for! I'm going to do a little more research, because I'm not sure what is low GI and what isn't. Got any good sites?

For me, after eating sugary foods/drinks and desserts, my skin will be very oily. I wonder what else I should look out for?

Aloe Vera gel killed my oil. Within 1 week my skin was dry enough that I needed to find a moisturizer. The closer you get to 100%, the more drying it is.

Can't recommend it enough.

Aloe Vera gel killed my oil. Within 1 week my skin was dry enough that I needed to find a moisturizer. The closer you get to 100%, the more drying it is.

Can't recommend it enough.

you know what?

ill have to agree with this statement, partially, and i am also a vet, tried everything.

aloe vera has become the new star in my regimen (lily of the desert brand), although ive found it to get rid of the solid bumps that id have for weeks, my skin isnt really all that greasy as it is though.

also i recommend trying diacneal by avene, ive compared it over and over again against tretinoin and differin.3 and its obviously superior, better yet you dont need a prescription for it.

so much for finding help from the medical establishment and their high priced creams.