Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JMoO

What things do you hate about society?

I have one big hate, and that is that the underdogs cannot rise without becoming mass murderes and rapists

I hate how quiet people are labelled as wierd or insane. I swear, in High school, people asked me like 20 times a day why I was so quiet and shy. Hello? People aren't allowed to be by themselves for a minute? It's annoying. I also hate when actors in their late 20s portray high school students. College? Maybe. But high school? Come on! :doh: I swear, I thought high schoolers were starting to look younger. Even at my college, they're people walking around looking and acting like 16 year olds!

I hate how quiet people are labelled as wierd or insane. I swear, in High school, people asked me like 20 times a day why I was so quiet and shy. Hello? People aren't allowed to be by themselves for a minute? It's annoying.

I know what you mean. I'm a very introverted person, and I get a lot of crap for it.

"Why are you so shy?!" :doubt:

- we are ridiculed for being a virgin after or around the age of 19+(this must be one of the worst of all, and one that makes me feel like absolute shit every second of every day, i am almost 22, i have a sex drive through the roof not to mention i feel i have a nice looking body and nothing to show for it.. everyone laughs at me and bothers me about it all the time. Not only that, but movies portray it as if its a sin or something.. all the "haha he/she is a virgin!!" just makes me want to punch the directors of the movies))

Just chiming in since I know most of us older virgins are probably too shy to do so:

same situation.

Actually don't have any acne anymore, but there were times in my life where I could have had sex, but because of bad body acne I was too embarrassed/self conscious to do so.

So at this age (21), having sex doesn't really seem like a big deal to me, and being a virgin doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the deep psychological imprint of all the years of having acne, that is, in relationship to relationships/sex etc.

I really feel obsessive with finding the right girl, and about being perfect and all that. Yet I'm naturally inclined to be quiet and reclusive, in my head, from years of shying away from the public. Honestly, the problem is all me, but I can't deny that a large part of why it's all me is because I really have a significant lack of social skills from hiding from my image for years.

Guess the upside is that I really have changed my attitudes a lot since I got rid of my acne at the start of the year, and since that time I've been through some pretty serious relationships, which never happened before.

It's really unfair that acne isn't treated as the truly psychologically damaging thing it is. Whenever I see anybody these days with terrible acne, I feel severely empathetic for them.

You might be a very beautiful person, but with acne, even the most beautiful person must have a hard time with being comfortable with themselves, which seems to me to be a very significant part of dealing with the world.

As for T.V. and the movies, and the general message of the public that being a virgin beyond 19 is some sort of sin: it's bs.

Anybody can have sex, hell you can pay for it and it's yours. But finding someone you really care for, someone you love and loves you back isn't something you can buy. That message seems to get lost in the glitz and glamor of western society, and honestly, having uplifting relationships with people isn't all about sex.

Well, you shouldn't let magazines get to ya. I used to, until I thought "when does a picture turn from a photograph to a cartoon!?" with all the photoshopping that's done nowadays! Celebraties are human too, and they have flaws, we just can't see them cause they've been airbrushed away! haha. Also, they have $$$ for makeup artists and hairstylists..etc, the whole shabang.

- we are ridiculed for being a virgin after or around the age of 19+(this must be one of the worst of all, and one that makes me feel like absolute shit every second of every day, i am almost 22, i have a sex drive through the roof not to mention i feel i have a nice looking body and nothing to show for it.. everyone laughs at me and bothers me about it all the time. Not only that, but movies portray it as if its a sin or something.. all the "haha he/she is a virgin!!" just makes me want to punch the directors of the movies))

Just chiming in since I know most of us older virgins are probably too shy to do so:

same situation.

Actually don't have any acne anymore, but there were times in my life where I could have had sex, but because of bad body acne I was too embarrassed/self conscious to do so.

So at this age (21), having sex doesn't really seem like a big deal to me, and being a virgin doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the deep psychological imprint of all the years of having acne, that is, in relationship to relationships/sex etc.

I really feel obsessive with finding the right girl, and about being perfect and all that. Yet I'm naturally inclined to be quiet and reclusive, in my head, from years of shying away from the public. Honestly, the problem is all me, but I can't deny that a large part of why it's all me is because I really have a significant lack of social skills from hiding from my image for years.

Guess the upside is that I really have changed my attitudes a lot since I got rid of my acne at the start of the year, and since that time I've been through some pretty serious relationships, which never happened before.

It's really unfair that acne isn't treated as the truly psychologically damaging thing it is. Whenever I see anybody these days with terrible acne, I feel severely empathetic for them.

You might be a very beautiful person, but with acne, even the most beautiful person must have a hard time with being comfortable with themselves, which seems to me to be a very significant part of dealing with the world.

As for T.V. and the movies, and the general message of the public that being a virgin beyond 19 is some sort of sin: it's bs.

Anybody can have sex, hell you can pay for it and it's yours. But finding someone you really care for, someone you love and loves you back isn't something you can buy. That message seems to get lost in the glitz and glamor of western society, and honestly, having uplifting relationships with people isn't all about sex.

thats the problem though, its finding someone special to give your purity to. I want that to be special and perfect. My friends are like : get an escosrt or whatever.. and i say : no, no matter how badly i am in need of this, i have to believe there is someone out there that will make me happy to give it to them and remember it. Time is running out though, it really is... everything else in my life is perfect except for not being in love/having intimacy(well excluding acne, but a girl should look past that).

good luck to us! :)

I also agree that women's magazines are crap. They're full of articles on how to be attractive to men -- and that insults me. I'm a person, not an object, and I'm worth more than just my body. It would be cool to find a women's magazine that catered to women and real issues that women face in society -- real, strong women in the world that can be our role-models and show us how to respect our minds and bodies, instead of ravishing them just to feel attractive because we're taught that without looks we're worthless.

Cheer up hun, its the same for guys. Mens Health, GQ to name a few. Whereas you have to appeal visually, we have to have an interesting, funny, attractive, confident, bold personality for us to be appealing and that can't happen at the flick of a switch. Just as some of you aren't attractive, some of guys dont display these characteristics. Its not all one-sided.

I agree with pretty much everything in this thread. Our soceity is f#$ked up to to the max and we have only the media to blame. The real, real problem is, that people who understand how mindf#$ked they are few and far between and even though some of us complain about all of this, today or tomorrow, you too, will continue reading your beauty magazines :confused: .

Conform or fade out, thats the sad truth I'm afraid.

Yeah, I agree -- it's not completely one-sided. However, while women are all valued by their looks (which is something you're pretty much born with, so whether or not you're a desirable mate is LUCK -- make-up can only take you so far), men can specialize in one of many fields to climb to the top and be desirable. If you're a guy and not born attractive, no biggie -- you can practice your skills and learn an instrument really well, you can work hard and make lots of money, you can be funny, you can play a sport, you can be really smart, among many other things -- doing well in any of those areas can propel you up the social ladder and thus the desirability ladder -- looks don't necessarily matter for guys; if you just work hard at something, you can still make it. Women who are born unnatractive but who might do well in other areas aren't nearly as successful in the mating department as men in similar situations, even though they might be just as talented/funny/etc. See what I mean? Oh, and it's been found that men who have ALL of those good qualities (good looks, charming, high income, etc.) are actually LESS desirable mates -- men are actually better off being really good-looking but with a mediocre salary or really average-looking with an incredible salary. When they have both, women are subconsciously afraid to mate with them b/c they know how many women will also be after them and they think he'll be more likely to cheat -- so they actually have worse chances of finding mates than regular guys. Interesting, huh?

Like I said, I know guys have it rough, too. But it sucks for women to be judged so much on our looks because it's just a game of chance for us -- guys can use many other skills to attract mates; looks aren't as important for y'all. In fact, having the "total package" is actually detrimental!

Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox...

I'm gonna go wash my face now, in hopes of clearing up these infernal pimples so I can be pretty again and snag myself a man ;-)

I agree with everything you all said. Society sucks!! LOL Especially the virginity thing, I'm a 25 years old female (26 next month) and never had a serious boyfriend. In my country it's still ok, but arfter moving to London where 12 year-olds dressing as adults and getting pregnant is something quite common, I feel like I'm the odd one out. It's not because of my acne (which my friends say it's mild and they're surprised when I mention that I'm single). I'd do the same thing with perfectly clear skin, I'd just be more confident.

I also agree that women's magazines are crap. They're full of articles on how to be attractive to men -- and that insults me. I'm a person, not an object, and I'm worth more than just my body. It would be cool to find a women's magazine that catered to women and real issues that women face in society -- real, strong women in the world that can be our role-models and show us how to respect our minds and bodies, instead of ravishing them just to feel attractive because we're taught that without looks we're worthless.

Cheer up hun, its the same for guys. Mens Health, GQ to name a few. Whereas you have to appeal visually, we have to have an interesting, funny, attractive, confident, bold personality for us to be appealing and that can't happen at the flick of a switch. Just as some of you aren't attractive, some of guys dont display these characteristics. Its not all one-sided.

I agree with pretty much everything in this thread. Our soceity is f#$ked up to to the max and we have only the media to blame. The real, real problem is, that people who understand how mindf#$ked they are few and far between and even though some of us complain about all of this, today or tomorrow, you too, will continue reading your beauty magazines :confused: .

Conform or fade out, thats the sad truth I'm afraid.

Yeah, I agree -- it's not completely one-sided. However, while women are all valued by their looks (which is something you're pretty much born with, so whether or not you're a desirable mate is LUCK -- make-up can only take you so far), men can specialize in one of many fields to climb to the top and be desirable. If you're a guy and not born attractive, no biggie -- you can practice your skills and learn an instrument really well, you can work hard and make lots of money, you can be funny, you can play a sport, you can be really smart, among many other things -- doing well in any of those areas can propel you up the social ladder and thus the desirability ladder -- looks don't necessarily matter for guys; if you just work hard at something, you can still make it. Women who are born unnatractive but who might do well in other areas aren't nearly as successful in the mating department as men in similar situations, even though they might be just as talented/funny/etc. See what I mean? Oh, and it's been found that men who have ALL of those good qualities (good looks, charming, high income, etc.) are actually LESS desirable mates -- men are actually better off being really good-looking but with a mediocre salary or really average-looking with an incredible salary. When they have both, women are subconsciously afraid to mate with them b/c they know how many women will also be after them and they think he'll be more likely to cheat -- so they actually have worse chances of finding mates than regular guys. Interesting, huh?

Like I said, I know guys have it rough, too. But it sucks for women to be judged so much on our looks because it's just a game of chance for us -- guys can use many other skills to attract mates; looks aren't as important for y'all. In fact, having the "total package" is actually detrimental!

Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox...

I'm gonna go wash my face now, in hopes of clearing up these infernal pimples so I can be pretty again and snag myself a man ;-)

That's what pisses me off! I mean I get that society is hard on men about being macho and what not, but at least guys get more hope on bagging the women they want. Women have to do like 20 things in order to be accepted and taken seriously. What about singers of today? The ones who aren't as attractive or don't have any marketable features, they're less famous and aren't considered much. But if you wear practically nothing, dye your hair, dumb your music down so everyone can understand it, your known as a second comming new wave pop star. :rolleyes: Even in movies, the guy can be a slow, bumbling dolt and CAN still get the hot girl down the street if he does something nice. For some reason, more people can believe that an average looking guy can get a stunning beauty, yet the frumpy girl can't get anyone without having a total makeover? I used to think I was decent looking in high school, but since some guy who was the most popular guy in school dubbed me as 'not good looking enough', everyone started teasing me and starting agreeing with him. This society, especailly for teenagers and young adults, it certainly screwed up in deed. :naughty: All it takes is one group, albeit the media or such, to change people's perception of things.

The (illegal) Federal Reserve and the (illegal) income tax.

Also, the lack of good education which makes people believe such nonsense in the media without thinking twice.

Nobody gives a shit if you drink grapegoose you loser.

I know this is more than a year ago but that line was funny :clap:

I agree with the party thing i go once in a while but really its not me. It's ok but i am definetly not having as much fun as other people seem to be having. If i am a loser for being more of a homebody than a clubber then i guess i am a loser and i like being me. It was harder for me to accept who i was when i was younger but now it gets easier. The virgin think irritates me too :wall: anybody can fuck it's not a big deal. I feel bad for people that think someone is gonna like them if they open their legs.

Our Society is messed up but we can change it. i for one do not plan to be a typical soceity member and lucky for me i have good friends (maybe not best friends but yeah good friends) and they like me for who i am :razz: i do not drink or do drugs cause i do not want to its not cause i am not suppose to, i do not see the point of it. Plus people change when they r under the influence.

The family thing is kinda societal too but kinda not in my opinion. i think many want a family IDK) i hope i have a family some day too but if i don't i'll just get a pet and i will be happy (i want to adopt kids on top of having my own :pray: )

Sweet Dreams all and Good Night :eh:

just go with tho flow do what america says to do lol and follow all trends but what i am wondering how can you still be a vergin acne really dose nt stop you from haveing sex i had sex when i was 16 you just need to break out of that shell :] just go to a bar you can find some hoes its easy just dont to picky :]

I can't even describe what I hate about society. I guess it's the expectations. But I've also had a bit of a hard time over the past few years and I've figured out it's not really society I hate, but the people in it.

just go with tho flow do what america says to do lol and follow all trends but what i am wondering how can you still be a vergin acne really dose nt stop you from haveing sex i had sex when i was 16 you just need to break out of that shell :] just go to a bar you can find some hoes its easy just dont to picky :]

you should use periods.