Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BettyLee

Question of order...shave first then wash face or other way around?

I dont shave my face, but my brother is wondering whether he should shave first then wash and moisturize his face or cleanse, then shave, then moisturize.

Guys with experience what do you think?

Im not a guy either but it sounds more logical to me to put the cleanser or shaving cream on first, then shave, and last but not least moisturize

Hey,

In Dans regimen it says that you can use the cleanser in the shower as shaving gel and shave with that, then moisturize after. I dunno what it's like with different cleansers?

I shave everyday. My routine = shower and wash face with gentle cleanser, about 5-10 after shower I shave, then apply aftershave balm/moisturizer.

If you take a shower or soak your face with warm water it softens your facial hair so it is easier to get a better shave.

Make sure you dont over irritate your face by using a real harsh cleanser before or after you shave, and also concernnig irritation make sure you use a balm or moisturizer to soothe your skin after you shave, this helps alot. I recently started using a Nivea balm and I like balms much better than moisturizers for my shave area.