Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xoCaliGirlox

losing hair a month off accutane

I have been off accutane for about a month now and although I am pleased with the results I am worried about the amount of hair i have been losing latly. It has been coming out in large amounts and altough it is not noticable to others, I can tell its a lot flatter and thinnner then pre-tane. The hair loss was not an issue during my course and I am really worried about why its happening a month after. can someone help me????

very very rarely do girls lose their hair permanitily. there is really no need for bioten, just wait it out...

The biotin is a fine idea, but as Favre says, you really have very little need to worry. Keep taking the biotin, as in very rare cases this can be the cause of hairloss from accutane as it is known to rarely inhibit the production or synthesis of biotin (one of the two can't remember which).

Really don't worry it's us guys who need to worry, ladies nearly always recover!!

"Really don't worry it's us guys who need to worry, ladies nearly always recover!! "

Is there somewhere you guys are getting this from? I havent read anything about the gender of the hairloss sufferer having anything to do with whether or not one recovers. Are you guys just reffering to the fact that TE can prematurely bring on MPB?

Yes pretty much mate, it does seem to be most cases where people don't recover are male. It's very strange how many people begin loosing it almost exactly one month after treatment, How long was your course caligirl?

Yes pretty much mate, it does seem to be most cases where people don't recover are male. It's very strange how many people begin loosing it almost exactly one month after treatment, How long was your course caligirl?

biotin is also known to trigger acne. Popeye look at the other hairloss thread and tell me how many girls have complained about long term hairloss, then look at other hairloss message boards on the web and notice that the guys complain about long-term loss alot more than the girls do. I have never read a post about a female losing their hair long-term...

I haven't had a problem with 5 mg a day favre, plus the second you see anything you can stop and the acne resolves itself...

Hi,

I've shared my story on the post 'the answers I got from my doc about hair loss'. Not to scare you, but I'm a female and it's been 9 nearly 10 months of excessive shedding and I've lost about 40% of my hair and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I have read many threads about women losing their hair from accutane (I don't know about permanently) I certainly hope not! But not sure where you are getting these ideas that women don't also suffer from severe hair loss from accutane?

jade

Hi,

I've shared my story on the post 'the answers I got from my doc about hair loss'. Not to scare you, but I'm a female and it's been 9 nearly 10 months of excessive shedding and I've lost about 40% of my hair and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I have read many threads about women losing their hair from accutane (I don't know about permanently) I certainly hope not! But not sure where you are getting these ideas that women don't also suffer from severe hair loss from accutane?

jade