Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EK1

Those on spiro - some questions

So i have a few questions!

1. Will spiro help with those little bumps on your face? Will it make you smoother? I thought it was, but now im not so sure. Perhaps because spiro stops oil production it will stop the formation of those NEW small bumps?? I've been using BHA just on my forehead for just over a week, and i havent noticed any change for the better (im too afraid to apply it to my whole face, so the forehead is being the tester! lol)

2. Will spiro help with those under the skin bumps? The ones im talking about are NOT red, they dont have a head, so cant be squeezed out (an aestitician - yeah cant spell lol - tried on this one and it just resulted in her breaking the skin and me having a scab there for a week). I get these mostly on my chin.

3. When did you notice you stopped getting breakouts? (how far into taking spiro) I'm currently on 100mg/day and on day 20. (almost 3 weeks).

Thanks for the help :) It's so stupid, my skin is really not that bad, but i cant help getting severely upset over the little bumps and chin pimples.

Also, in terms of oil production, did you notice it steadly go down, come back, etc? I've noticed a decrease in my oil for sure, but my nose still gets oily! (weird)

And did you notice hair decrease, if so, when? I've got some hair on my chest in between my boobs (too much info, i know lol) but im scared to shave it or anything in case it comes back worse :S Wondering if spiro will fix any of this stuff lol.

As far as when Spiro started preventing breakouts, I'd say at about 2.5-3 months. That's when I REALLY new it was working.

As far as oil production... for me, it seemed that the spiro dried my skin out more when I first started taking it, and after a couple months gradually started drying my skin out less and less (which for me is good, since I naturally have dry skin).

I think if Spiro is going to work for you, it should clear ALL types of acne bumps. It's been 7 months for me on Spiro, and this is the best my skin has EVER looked (and I'm 27). Now, if I get a very occasional tiny pimple, it dissappears on its own in a day or two. I haven't gotten any cysts (I call them "hurty zits"!) since I started Spiro.

Thanks for the info!

Im worried about getting less and less oily cause having super super oily skin is one of my major problems (as right now its controlled by the spiro). And of course, having oily skin leads to clogged pores.

Let's see....

1. By little bumps, do you mean the clogged pores called milia that eventually get inflamed and huge? If so then yes, I think it does help. Those clogged pores are caused by excess oil and if the oil goes down then so do the milia. I've been on spiro for 3 months tomorrow and I definitely have fewer milia than before and thus my skin is smoother.

2. The larger bumps, I assume, are cysts and yes, spiro helps with those too. Haven't had a cyst in at least 3-4 weeks.

3. I stopped breaking out at around 2 and 1/2 months. The last inflamed pimple I got was over two weeks ago. It never came to a head and has been shrinking slowly but surely. All I have left now are clogged pores here and there, and some hyperpigmentation and mild scarring from past acne. I am also on 100mg/day.

Hope this helps!

The larger bumps i have no idea what to call, some arent even that large, they just show up on my chin as bumps under the skin, and are a bit whiter than my skin (but im really pale). They have no head, so you cant squeeze em out. My estitician (sp) tried and it resorted in lots of blood and then a scab for a week!

Thanks so much for your info! I think it eases my mind a little. These little bumps everywhere are driving me CRAZY! I wish my skin was just soft and smooth.

So i have a few questions!

1. Will spiro help with those little bumps on your face? Will it make you smoother? I thought it was, but now im not so sure. Perhaps because spiro stops oil production it will stop the formation of those NEW small bumps?? I've been using BHA just on my forehead for just over a week, and i havent noticed any change for the better (im too afraid to apply it to my whole face, so the forehead is being the tester! lol)

2. Will spiro help with those under the skin bumps? The ones im talking about are NOT red, they dont have a head, so cant be squeezed out (an aestitician - yeah cant spell lol - tried on this one and it just resulted in her breaking the skin and me having a scab there for a week). I get these mostly on my chin.

3. When did you notice you stopped getting breakouts? (how far into taking spiro) I'm currently on 100mg/day and on day 20. (almost 3 weeks).

Thanks for the help :) It's so stupid, my skin is really not that bad, but i cant help getting severely upset over the little bumps and chin pimples.

I combined my Spiro with daily use of Paula's Choice Beta Hydrogy Acid (i use the 2% liquid) and the combination of the two has been amazing on deep cysts, regular pimples, bumps, tiny whiteheads and blackheads.

I'd been SO annoyed with chest & neck breakouts of SO MANY small and often very red bumps. These are amazingly GONE. Please note that I generously use the BHA all over these areas. Use it BEFORE any hair products in case the overspray, etc is affecting skin.

i can only use BHA on my chest/arms, because on my face it makes it go NUTS! (my face is very very sensitive. ive found im allergic to glycolic, BHA - gives my itchy bumps, and possibly even differin!)