Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarahsarah

looking at photos of yourself

I am having such a bad week :( i haven't posted in here before :redface:

I have some photos of myself from ages ago, when acne wasn't too bad/soft lighting/plenty make up lol but i so want to be able to take and display photos of myself with my children. When they get older there will be none of me with them. I have literally about 5 photos that are ok. Today i took some and deleted them immediately. The spots and scarring is so bad to me lately and its made me feel ashamed of my face again. And i was really getting somewhere. I also just had my hair cut specifically to hide as much face as i can!

photoshop..if you feel too bad about your skin then photoshop your pics..don't let yourself and you kids miss out on having pictures with you..it's not fair to any of you.

there's a (almost) 2 yr block of time where i refused pics..so there's tons of pics of my kids and their dad, buti'm not in any of them! u feel bad about that now..

Guest The Effendi

If you looked at our family albums, you'd think I hadn't existed

the last 6 years. No pictures of me! :D...............................:doubt:

crazy isn't it... and it just seems important for my children

I equally do not want them to look back in 20 years and go 'ewwww yuk look at my mums face!' lol

I never used to mind photos not like this. But if someone takes one of me i worry about it so much and likely ask them to get rid of it

do you have to buy photoshop or can you download it free?

I'm sure there are free trials out there.

Try the Gimp. It's freeware and works pretty well.

like tsunami said you could try photoshopping them, or getting them done for you. If not, honestly don't worry about it. I'm sure your kids and anyone else would understand if you just told em the skin problems you were having at the time. :)

Guest missyjean130

Honestly, I avoid getting my picture taken. I destroyed all my other photos. Its really aggrevating since my mother wants to keep photos of me, then she displays them in my house...

I really don't like looking at my photos, or anyone else looking at my photos.

I can't even look in the mirror easily. The only times I ever look is when im washing my face or applying my medication. Other times is only when it's an emergency, like when somthing has gotten in my eye for example

I hate photos of myself. It was worse when I was broken out, but I've always hated them. I hate the way my features photograph, especially the lower part of my face. Most photos of myself make me want to burst into tears.

My sister has a myspace & she put this photo up of us taken together & I hate it. When we took it I hated it, I did not want to buy it, but she pushed for it cuz she looks cute in it. Then I look at her msypace one day & see it there & I feel sick. Not like so many people I care about will see it, but it's just the idea that it's out there & I hate it. Plus I have an obvious large pimple on my chin in the photo too, just to make it worse.

Then she puts up another photo, a snapshot that is just hideous. It was taken after a night of dancing & my hair is matted down & my makeup is melted off & my mouth photographed so ugly. I could just kill her! I tell her I hate these photos & she still puts them up on the internet & says "oh I think they are cute". Well if I really look that bad then I might just shoot myself....the only comfort I take is telling myself they are bad photos & I am not photogenic...

^dude, that's kind of insensitive of your sister.....

sometimes i hate pictures of myself too. when i take pictures for my myspace, i always go through at least half a dozen before i take one that i think is decent. you have to remember that we're our worst critics though.

you know what i absolutely hate? i hate that i look so different with make-up than without. i have so many red marks and hyperpigmentation; it looks like i have acne when i'm really pretty clear now.

ha i thaught i was the only one who loos bd in photos but i hate photos

i always looks pimply and red and fat faced so i avoid them

olol

haha'

I fear anyone with a camera. I hate it so much. Last time i looked at a photo of myself, i just ended up feeling sorry yet also envying the me in the picture, cos the scars and acne look so much worse than what i thought of them at the time

Im one of those people too. My friends keep bugging me for new pics cause the last one they have of me is from 8th grade. I've just always been camera shy though. Last semester I got ISS for sneaking out to the parking lot with some friends on picture day.

I tend to photoshop my pictures lately, by putting a black rectangle over my face. Makes the picture look a hell of a lot better and easier on the eyes, if you ask me

if you take a picture close enough, usually about arms length, with the flash on, it will magically conceal acne/wrinkles/lines etc.

I'm the opposite, i think i look better in photo's than i do in real life, but i still hate having my picture taken unless i'm the one taking it.

if you take a picture close enough, usually about arms length, with the flash on, it will magically conceal acne/wrinkles/lines etc.

I'm the opposite, i think i look better in photo's than i do in real life, but i still hate having my picture taken unless i'm the one taking it.

I look miles better in photos.

My skin looks superb in my holiday photos but in real life, up close...... not so much.