Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever thought that maybe we have to suffer acne as a curse or punishment for something else we've done in life? I'm not reliious at all but get this...

Around christmas time my skin started to clear up, i was the clearest i've been my whole life (even more that when i was on accutane) and my confidence was sky high. i started going out alot more, and got the confidence back to talk to girls. i started seeing this girl for a few weeks, but she started to annoy me. I was still seeing her when i went out with some friends and i had a dance and a kiss with this other girl and we swapped phone numbers. So basically i stopped seeing girl no.1 and started seeing girl no.2. But.....

almost instantly after i started seeing my new girlfriend (who i really like by the way) my acne flared up again BIGTIME and now it's out of control. i almost look like the same pizza faced dork i did when i was 17 (i'm 25!) and i'm so low cos i feel like i'm starting the battle all over again. worse still i feel like i'm going to lose this girl because of my constant complaining about it. But anywayz... coincidence...?

it's almost as if god has said 'right then you little shit, if that's what confidence is gonna do to you, i'll take it all away'......

Im sure everyone has wondered about this, but the reality is that the world doesnt work that way and im sure that you know it really. I know many people who are complete bastards and do much worse than what u did yet have absolutely perfect skin (along with everything else in their lives). On the other hand there are people who suffer much worse than bad skin and didnt do anything to deserve it. It would be great if people were somehow rewarded or punished, but as im not religious, i dont think that this will ever happen.

if it was a punishment ill ask if i can trade my soul for clear skin...

Thats another reason Im atheist. What kind of God would want people to suffer?

i've never thought of it as a punishment but more along the lines of bad luck..

I don't think it is punishment for any wrongdoing, but if it were, I'd totally deserve it. I've been a horrible person my entire life, making fun of other people's looks, weight, acne (yes, I was a little bitch) and it's only fair now that I look as bad as I do.

People could ask the same things about why they get terminal illnesses or why people are born with deformities. It's not a punishment, it's not God making us suffer. It's not your fault.

I'm not trying to persuade you to be a christian or anything but I've wondered this too...but I just think that maybe I(being the good natured person, most of the time anyways, that I am) become stronger in faith because of these sufferings, and that God is seeing how strong my faith is...I believe abraham was covered with painful boils all over his body but still would not denounce God....stories like this in the bible give me a little peace about my life's shortcomings...but yeah I those thoughts definately enter everybody's minds...even Christians like me

I don't think acne suffering is related to this life. Maybe it has to do with past lives. If you read about the subject, before you come to this life your own soul is the one who decides which body (and thus, skin) it will occupy, along with a detailed plan of what you are going to do, who you are going meet, etc. So, we can blame ourselves but not God about the state of suffering we are in! Haha! Isn't that nice? I've promised myself that if this is indeed true, the first thing I will do after I die is bang my head on a wall as hard as possible -if it is possible- for making myself go through this! LOL!

By the way, I was born a Christian, but used to be a hard-core atheist for many years. Years later, I'm not exactly religious but very spiritual. After many years of studying I now believe again in a Supreme Being, past lives etc and combine the teachings of many religions together. Religions aren't bad really. They CAN become bad though, because they can become dogmatic and extreme - they are controlled by humans and not God. They made me an atheist in the first place! Fortunately, my dark ages, as I call them, didn't last for too long. :)

I don't think it is punishment for any wrongdoing, but if it were, I'd totally deserve it. I've been a horrible person my entire life, making fun of other people's looks, weight, acne (yes, I was a little bitch) and it's only fair now that I look as bad as I do.

Nope. I got acne when I was a kid(10yrs old) and I was still nice at that point. Of course, thanks to years of being an ooutcast, I'm now a defensive, vindictive person, but my acne's still getting better.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe we have to suffer acne as a curse or punishment for something else we've done in life? I'm not reliious at all but get this...

Around christmas time my skin started to clear up, i was the clearest i've been my whole life (even more that when i was on accutane) and my confidence was sky high. i started going out alot more, and got the confidence back to talk to girls. i started seeing this girl for a few weeks, but she started to annoy me. I was still seeing her when i went out with some friends and i had a dance and a kiss with this other girl and we swapped phone numbers. So basically i stopped seeing girl no.1 and started seeing girl no.2. But.....

almost instantly after i started seeing my new girlfriend (who i really like by the way) my acne flared up again BIGTIME and now it's out of control. i almost look like the same pizza faced dork i did when i was 17 (i'm 25!) and i'm so low cos i feel like i'm starting the battle all over again. worse still i feel like i'm going to lose this girl because of my constant complaining about it. But anywayz... coincidence...?

it's almost as if god has said 'right then you little shit, if that's what confidence is gonna do to you, i'll take it all away'......

What i believe is some people get punishment in their life and others after their death..And im the one who get punish for every sin..:(

Meh, Sure I've thought that acne is a curse for the wrong things I've done in life, and at times I've almost made myself believe that, but I've always known that it isn't really my fault.

Outrageously unlucky? Yes. Cursed? Probably not.