Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aroused Guy

My regimen updates thread

7/16/07

Here's my regimen, it's similar to the Dan Kern, but I added fish oil tablets and exfoliated.

Morning:

Exfoliate gently with the Baby Brush method

Cleans face with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Wait 5 minutes, apply 2.5% BP, I use 2/3 of my finger since my acne is on my forehead and nose.

Wait another 5 minutes, apply CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Eat Breakfast and take Bactrim DS

Wait an hour and take 2 fish oil capsules.

Wait until lunch time and take 2 more fish capsules.

Evening/Night:

After dinner, take 2 fish capsules. So in one day I take 6.

At around 10:00 PM, I take a shower and exfoliate once again the the Baby Brush method.

After 15 minutes, I apply 2/3 fingers worth of 2.5% BP, I do not moisturize at night. However, in some occasions, I may apply Aloe Vera gel.

Ive been using this regimen for about 1-1.5 weeks. I use to have tons of whiteheads and red bumps, now I only have 2-3 whiteheads and whiteheads are shrinking. I also have a little amount of tiny bumps which should go away tomorrow.

I drink a lot of water each day, maybe that does something! I will keep this thread updated about every week. :)

7/16/07

Here's my regimen, it's similar to the Dan Kern, but I added fish oil tablets and exfoliated.

Morning:

Exfoliate gently with the Baby Brush method

Cleans face with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Wait 5 minutes, apply 2.5% BP, I use 2/3 of my finger since my acne is on my forehead and nose.

Wait another 5 minutes, apply CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Eat Breakfast and take Bactrim DS

Wait an hour and take 2 fish oil capsules.

Wait until lunch time and take 2 more fish capsules.

Evening/Night:

After dinner, take 2 fish capsules. So in one day I take 6.

At around 10:00 PM, I take a shower and exfoliate once again the the Baby Brush method.

After 15 minutes, I apply 2/3 fingers worth of 2.5% BP, I do not moisturize at night. However, in some occasions, I may apply Aloe Vera gel.

Ive been using this regimen for about 1-1.5 weeks. I use to have tons of whiteheads and red bumps, now I only have 2-3 whiteheads and whiteheads are shrinking. I also have a little amount of tiny bumps which should go away tomorrow.

I drink a lot of water each day, maybe that does something! I will keep this thread updated about every week. :)

7/18/07

When I woke up, I noticed a current whitehead is drying up and some new bumps forming, probably ones that grow up to be whiteheads...but, new pimples are not sprouting as fast as before so that is a good sign!

7/19/07

Man, when I woke up my SKIN was DRY! I decided to apply just a little BP in the morning. When I was in the shower and all dried off, my skin was flakey as heck. I decided not to use BP this night and only moisturize. A few bumps are appearing

7/20/07

When I woke up and washed my face, it was dry as crazy. I decided to apply some BP then slather on some Olay moisturizer since the CeraVe doesn't seem to moisturize at all. My skin felt smoother and I am almost clear, it's just the dryness that's bugging me.

7/21/07

My face felt a lot more moisturized with the Olay Complete moisturizer. My little bumps are disappering so are my whiteheads. My acne is not visible unless you look really close at my face. :)

Sorry, I am on vacation.

8/8/07:

My acne on my forehead is clear except for 1 little bump and lots of hyperpigmentation. I am still doing the regimen but with Cetaphil moisturizer. Now my acne has moved onto my nose area!!!