Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else felt noticeably more forgetful while on Accutane ? I am forgetting peoples names dates all sorts of shit left and right and finding myself entirely not paying attention to what people say its getting to be rather annoying. If anyone has experienced this did it go away ?

i have noticed that i am more forgettfull and lose concentration so easily but i think that is dues to my dodgy sleeping patterns since starting accutane

you're not the only one, I swear. On friday, i walked into a test, JUST having looked at some specific problems from the book, that were on the test, and for nothing in the world could I remember what I saw there.

I forget what some objects are called--like a refrigerator, even though I'd JUST opened it to take something out.

or a shelf....or an awning.... or almost anything....a shopping list, or I'd confuse two items, and keep repeating the wrong item, though knowing full well the right one looked like, that I was supposed to get.

eventually, I've learned to get used to it, since I'm only half way through of my course, I figure there's gonna be LOTS more of it! :)

i actually threw my accutane pills (7) that were in a packet away on accident after taking one, and i started to blame my mom for misplacing them or something, than found them in the trash, and i do NOT remember throwing them away! haha! its kinda weird, but not really too bad.

I go to university and my memory is my life. Without it I'd be screwed. I'm getting forgetful too. Can't remember if I took my meds, even though I took them a few minutes ago. I forget peoples name, how to spell simple words. It's good my job right now is extremely simple minded (dishwasher).

So glad to hear I am not the only one. Its really a strange feeling to be such a space cadet. Like I honestly feel dumb forgetting things left and right losing things forgetting names what a mess. Heres to month 4 ! :drool:

I havent had any problems with memory... And my lucid dreams are gone! (As in I had dreams that I couldn't distinguish the dream and real life)... although they are sort of fun at times... but no memory loss... my memory is my life...

My memory is terrible since starting accutne. Like other people have mentioned I can't remember words for everyday objects, I cant remember if I took my medication, I can't remember what I was supposed to be doing.

Also my concentration span is really bad too. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing that?

Anyone else felt noticeably more forgetful while on Accutane ? I am forgetting peoples names dates all sorts of shit left and right and finding myself entirely not paying attention to what people say its getting to be rather annoying. If anyone has experienced this did it go away ?

I did not experience that at all. I was on 80mg a day at a weight of 120. I actually had stellar performance in the class I took (Chemistry), in addition to working full time and dating.

For those of you experiencing this concentration and memory problem, drink more water. I was always a compulsive water drinker (still am) and had minimal side effects on what was a rather hefty dose for my size.

I did not experience that at all. I was on 80mg a day at a weight of 120. I actually had stellar performance in the class I took (Chemistry), in addition to working full time and dating.

For those of you experiencing this concentration and memory problem, drink more water. I was always a compulsive water drinker (still am) and had minimal side effects on what was a rather hefty dose for my size.

i had this when i first started accutane. Just little things for example, where i had put my mobile phone etc...when normally i would remember. It was really strange but it is back to normal now!! but if you check out one of my earlier posts... i had exactly the same thing!!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=130937&hl=

I'd been on accutane for a month here. its not a very long post but just shows u that i had to same. Love chazzy x