Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to like it when I smiled...but now, I all I want to do is cry. I know it's pathetic I'm a guy and I'm crying like a baby. I can't even fake a smile without looking straight into my eyes and just wanting to break down. It's so hard, I keep going back and forth. I feel good some days and other days I just feel like a train wreck.

I think I burned my face with so many chemical products out of desperation to be cured that now every time I do those natural toothy smiles my chin just turns bright/deep red...looks freaking disgusting. I wonder if it will just ever go away and wonder if my skin will come back to being a normal color. If I take any pictures..I have to convert them to black and white now.

Sorry, I had to get that out..today I wasn't feeling too well about my skin. =o(

:comfort: i hate looking at myself in the mirror... depending on the light :(. i can never even look myself in the eyes, my eyes always go to my red spots :cry:. i've given up on my face. i don't have acne, so thats good. but the red marks never fade. so, i'm just concentrating on my body.

Sounds like your not getting too much luck with normal products, have you tried the Official 'Acne.org, Water only regime'

Its worked wonders for me, although not totally fixed, its definitely cleared alot of it up.

I know exactly what you mean! I was even going to start a new thread with almost the same title. It's completely absurd. I'm an otherwise cheerful person, I'm not vain at all and am really not concerned with my appearance apart from staying healthy, and I'm generally pretty good at not dwelling on things beyond my control... and yet, even with my case of acne not at all severe, I seriously want to break down just about every time I look in the mirror in the morning. I go through such pains to cover it up with a concealer, in spite of my strong opposition to makeup, making me feel like a total hypocrite. When it's bad enough that concealer isn't able to mask it entirely, I'll start wanting to avoid people/social situations. It's horrible! Why does it have this effect on me? I'm almost as jealous of people who aren't clear but who can confidently walk outside without any concealer as I am of clear people. I think I'm going to try to gradually stop using the concealer.. since that's something that is actually in my control, unlike the acne.. anyway sorry, I realize this wasn't helpful at all in solving your problems.. just wanted to share mine- you're definitely not alone

I feel ya dude. Mirrors can be extremely tough to deal with. I spent all weekend without looking into mirrors other than for an occasional glance and my confidence went up as a result of it. Then today, I had to get a hair-cut and that same confidence dropped significantly. Plus, I had this very cute girl doing it. :doubt:

Anyway, feel better man. It'll get better eventually. :comfort:

I feel your pain, i really do! :comfort:

I really can't look in a mirror without wanting to cry. When i see myself in the mirror, all i focus on is how bad my skin looks! And i wonder why i have no seld esteem or confidence :cry:

But just remember, other people see us differently to how we see ourselves in the mirrors. What may seem like a huge deal to us, other people probably won;t even notice

Hope you feel better soon *hugs* x

I hate mirrors so badly words cannot begin to describe. the only reason i ever look in a mirror is to make myself look vaguely presentable i.e style my hair or shave or whatever. But i can't deal with the emotion i have to go through everytime i look in one. I HATE MY FACE. This is the limit of frustration, i just want to rip it off and i'm not joking. I am at work at the minute and i have just been to the toilet and made the mistake of looking in the mirror. I can't deal with it, they just won't stop - spots on top of spots on top of blotches on top of red marks. And don't you hate when people try to tell you 'it doesn't look bad' or 'you can hardly see anything'? i see what i see and i don't think mirrors lie!

Mirrors can either be your worst enemy or your best friend depending on the kind of lighting they are set in. At least that is the case for me. One mirror in one rppm can make my skin look almost normal and then one in another room with different lighting can make face look awful. Hang in there though, things will get better. My skin must be getting better because even in the worst lighting it looks a LOT better so I am sure yours can too :)

I know the feeling. There are many days where I just want to cry when I look in a mirror. I stare at my face and remember when I had nice skin, and look what it is now. It sucks.

i remember those days..crying and obsessivly checking my face to see how much worse it got..

hang in there..you just have to find what works for you.. :comfort:

Oh God, I HATE hate HATE mirrors! You know what's even worse? When you're looking at yourself in the mirror while washing your hands in a public restroom, then you think "hey, my skin is getting better", then you see someone walk in with skin that is SO much better than yours and then you realize it's not that much better after all...

So do I. I hate hate hate mirrors. I actually cried yesterday because of mirrors.

Yes, just when I think I am doing better...

then I go to the restroom in my sister's house.. and the lighting is different.. I look oilier and can see my large pores and red spots *saddd*

As soon as I wake up in the morning, the first thing I see is the mirror in the bathroom.

Before I go to sleep the last thing I see is the mirror in the bathroom.

When I go to public places it's as if I always go in the restroom if there is one available JUST to see how bad it is.

Mirrors are the bane of my existence. I tend to run shrieking from any big mirrors in well-lit areas, so naturally I've banned them from my house (much to the chagrin of my friends :cool:) except for my little dressing table mirror which is big enough to allow me to slap my make-up on in.

I didn't look at myself in a mirror for about 3 months once. I don't really recommend that though, I think i've permanently traumatised myself hahaha

Hmm..that's a good idea Angell's Perfection. Maybe I just won't look anymore, maybe it will be less painful and will go away (or maybe I am lying to myself.) Maybe just look sideways and kind of glance..

Why don't you find a mirror that flatters you? My mirror is magical and lovely and makes me look bootiful~ even if I feel like arse and have twelve million redmarks on my face. I love my mirror. Stick it somewhere with flattering lightning and you'll feel better about your own reflection even if you are self-deluding yourself. I avoid mirrors for my own emotional wellbeing; christ, the amount of times I've had my day utterly trashed because I looked at myself in the mirror and realised how fecking awful I looked.

Sorry, just joined so haven't learnt how to quote yet!

'Looking in the mirror and wanting to cry'... story of the last 10 years of my life! I know how you all feel!

:comfort: i hate looking at myself in the mirror... depending on the light :(. i can never even look myself in the eyes, my eyes always go to my red spots :cry:. i've given up on my face. i don't have acne, so thats good. but the red marks never fade. so, i'm just concentrating on my body.

Ugg. The mirror. Putting makeup on in the morning can literally take me 30 min. My skin is red and pealing everywhere. I hate scars. I hate puss. Gross. Somtimes I stand there and just break down crying and wish I didn't have to go anywhere.

I try to look at myself all the time to make sure everything is covered. I catch glimpses of myself in the reflections on a car window. I drive to work looking in the rear view mirror, which is dangerous, making sure my new zit is covered.

I go to the bathroom when I don't really have to just to look in the mirror.

I feel like I am obsessive over my face. It would be nice not to worry about how I look like some people and just get a shower and leave the house. I have to get up so early to get ready.

Hey im new to this and havent worked out how to quote yet.. but 20sAcne i agree completely.

So many times (even now actually, i have work tomorrow and then an evening out afterwards with all my beautifully clear-faced friends) i've wished i didnt have to leave the house simply cos of my acne. i have to apply makeup using a tiny mirror so i only have to look at one area of spots and scars at a time, ive managed to almost self-delude myself that its not my face, its just a random area of red lumps im covering... I look at the big scary bathroom mirror when im all done camoflaging my face in an inch of concealer, and then throughout the day i come across as the most vain person in existence, im always checking mirrors and windows as i walk past, and in a store il have to check myself in those mirrors too. I pretend i need the toilet just so i can inspect my horribly gross skin throughout the day. Sometimes i just want to pack and live in a cave for the rest of my life. (but my cave cant be near any rivers or streams; too many reflective surfaces)

I have a Peugeot 307 and on the steering wheel is the Peugeot logo which is a small mirror.

I can't stop looking at myself when i'm driving, I'm gonna cause an accident.

That's how bad it is for me. I've tried putting something over it but it keeps falling off.

I think it's God saying that since I've ruined my face, I have to be aware of it at all times.

Next time i'm getting a bike!!!!

about a month ago i looked at myself at work in the bathroom mirror with a very bright light i could see my skin so well, i actually had tears in my eyes. im a guy also. i was extremly depressed from that day for about 3 weeks.

im starting to feel better becuase i no my skin is slowly healing im using alot of BP now and it is making a difference. i just got red spots all over my face which are very slowly fading

at one point it made me want to punch the damm mirror :angry:

it makes more mad then actually depressed. grrr why i still have it :@

Ugg. The mirror. Putting makeup on in the morning can literally take me 30 min. My skin is red and pealing everywhere. I hate scars. I hate puss. Gross. Somtimes I stand there and just break down crying and wish I didn't have to go anywhere.

I try to look at myself all the time to make sure everything is covered. I catch glimpses of myself in the reflections on a car window. I drive to work looking in the rear view mirror, which is dangerous, making sure my new zit is covered.

I go to the bathroom when I don't really have to just to look in the mirror.

I feel like I am obsessive over my face. It would be nice not to worry about how I look like some people and just get a shower and leave the house. I have to get up so early to get ready.