Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FiLipinoPrime

white pimple turned green

I did not want to touch my pimple and I waited for a week. It turned green and I don't know what is going to happen next? purple next?

I did not want to touch my pimple and I waited for a week. It turned green and I don't know what is going to happen next? purple next?

A green color can signify a different type of bacteria than the usual p. acnes. If it is a large spot, it would not hurt to have it checked out by your doc or your derm.

I've been battling light/moderate acne for almost 4 years using benzoyl peroxide (Neutrogena On-the-Spot) and deep cleanser facial washes. I was starting to get sick of the price of Neut. OtS, so I switched to Dan's BP gel about a week ago.

I've never had a pimple turn green before, but in just the last week I've had TWO turn green. Both are subcutaneous... not pustule-like. I have a bit of a hard time believing that it is coincidence that I've never had a single green spot in 4 years, but the week I switch to a new treatment, I have *two*.

What could have caused these, and do I need to have them professionally examined?

"green" is sometimes associated with a staph infection or pseudomonas aeruginosa. There are other bugs that cause a green exudate, but staph and pseudomonas are the most common. Pseudomonas is usually nosocomial (acquired in hospital), but it can be taken out into the community easily by family members and visitors who do not abide by normal standard precautions.

I would go have it checked out. I've never had a green colored pimple and that is kind of odd considering I'm a nurse. I guess I do overkill the handwashing :D

I feel like grabbing people and forcefully washing their hands when they go to the public bathroom and don't wash their hands afterwards. That is so disgusting. People, don't you dare do that! So stinking disgusting.