Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redskin

If i became "immune" to minocycline....

then would doxycycline still work? Because i used to use minocycline for my treatment of acne, and it worked like a charm, but i eventually became immune to it, and started breaking out, and now im on doxycycline

theyre not the same ish right??

im asking this because doxycycline hasnt done shit, i feel liek im wasting my time and money

its been 3 months btw

Three months on a new treatment should be sufficient time to determine whether it will work for you or not.

When I stopped minocycline and went on duac alone, I realised I had probably been immune to minocycline for about 6 months as there was no breakout

i think im immune to mino too i was once pretty clrea from it now i break out daily and i have increased my dosage

Yes it may work. Although both are from the tetacycline family, they are still different. I on the other hand was opposite from you. I took doxycyline then minocycline. When doxycyline died on me, I was switched to minocycline that also managed to clear up my acne but I had to stop taking mino because it was giving me terrible headaches. It should work even if you switch from mino to doxy.

You can't be immune to minocycline, that's wrong phrasing here, you should say the acne bacteria is resistant to it. Minocycline besides acne can be used to treat a bunch of other infections.