Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnefied

I have never used chemicals/pills/any method

Well I am no newbie to acne- I've had it for 6 years, but I've never done anything about it. I have seen some dermotologists, but I just have never used creams, pills, nothing. I've let it take it's course. By not doing anything to acne, what happens is you go from stages of total clear to wild breakouts. It's never consistent.

What should I do?

So you've gone to a derm, but they haven't given you anything?? Hmm...Well, in any event, I would ask to start a treatment. I assume you're washing your face, being gentle with your skin, etc. Definitely talk to the derm or get a different one. I find that really weird that they haven't given you anything for it yet. Good luck to you! :)

You;ve dealt with acne for 6 years in silence!? And your derm didnt give you anything at all??? I agree that that is hard to believe. When I went to my GP, I told him straight that I want some topical retinoids, but he said it might be a bit too much for me, so he put me on antibiotics (which I read is for severe acne).

I think its best to go back to your derm asking for his/her advice on what to use. If your derm isnt easy to get along with then go your research first so you'll be prepared to ask for treatments which you believe should benefit.

my derm recommended that i gave up all the cleansers, medicated washes and use water only instead, and its been a big improvement for me so far, but even better for one of my friends who had really nasty inflamed acne. :D

maybe if you can work out what causes the breakouts, you can control it. You maybe able to spot a trend like, eating certain foods, using certain soaps etc, that starts your breakout and also note what happens during the clear stages so you can prolong it.

You;ve dealt with acne for 6 years in silence!? And your derm didnt give you anything at all??? I agree that that is hard to believe. When I went to my GP, I told him straight that I want some topical retinoids, but he said it might be a bit too much for me, so he put me on antibiotics (which I read is for severe acne).

I think its best to go back to your derm asking for his/her advice on what to use. If your derm isnt easy to get along with then go your research first so you'll be prepared to ask for treatments which you believe should benefit.

start by using BP twice a day and a gentle cleanser. if that doesn't help see a derm and use the medications she gives you consistently as prescribed. there are very effective treatments for acne, that can clear your skin.