Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrCress

doctors appointment

so after finaly flipping out with my skin, by that i mean breaking down and crying... ive made another appointment with the docs. lately i have been staying in while my friends are going out because i cant stand being among them when im having a break out. my metal state has gone down hill big style this year and im hoping to get something to boost me up and the only way to do that is by me having clear/semi clear skin. my last perscription was for Tetrocycline which had little to no affect. Is there any other tablets i could get? and also im worried about coming out empty handed. i cud profess all this to him and he cud say its all in my head and send me on my way.

I hate when people say its all in your head. Its called depression and its called your brain. You sound depressed. Maybe you need a psychiatrist to give you antidepressants. Also I recommend Dans regimen and fish oil which can be purchased at www.puritans.com

If your doctor says that its all in your head or that you are overreacting to your acne, you might mention that there is quite a bit of research on the link between acne and depression, and that there is a strong link between the two. And this link is there regardless of acne severity (a person with mild acne may be just as depressed as a person with moderate or severe acne). Acne patients have the second highest rate of depression among all groups of dermatology patients (only people with severe psorisis have higher levels of depression), and they also report one of the lowest levels on quality of life measures. Clearing up the acne often goes a long way towards alleviating the depression. It can also help to deal with the depression at the same time - if you can lower the depressive and anxiety symptoms that are present with the acne, then it can help you deal with the problem better and can lower your stress levels (which may also facilitate the clearing of your skin). So, I would seek dermatologic treatment, but you might also consider seeking psychiatric or psychological assistance as well.

i thought my doc was the only one like that...i guess theres more out there, they arent ever willing to listen...n at first i didnt mind i was hoping he knew wht he was doing, but now its been 2 years and STILL dealing with this crap...maybe one day itll be gone lol

Stay up, dont feel to down, i know its easier said then done but try n stay positive...DONT stare at ur face all day lol, i kno i did that when its bad

my doctor was really really good with me and said things that did make me think. he mainly addressed the fact that i am a person with a name and not just someone with spots. he also said that things have to be put in perspective and to try change the way it feel about my looks and proberly the looks of others. i know its easier said then done to change yr attitude when you have a face full of zits. he also gave me a stronger course of anti biotics which are double the does of the last lot i tried. with the pills and time to reflect i hope to get my life back on track.

my doctor was really really good with me and said things that did make me think. he mainly addressed the fact that i am a person with a name and not just someone with spots. he also said that things have to be put in perspective and to try change the way it feel about my looks and proberly the looks of others. i know its easier said then done to change yr attitude when you have a face full of zits. he also gave me a stronger course of anti biotics which are double the does of the last lot i tried. with the pills and time to reflect i hope to get my life back on track.

Great! It sounds like you have an understanding doc! :D What a relief. I hope that your new course helps you out. Did he give any prescription to apply topically?

My Dermatologist said the SAME exact thing. Dumb bitch said i was over-reacting and that acne is a part of life, and you should deal with it, go outside and live a normal life. She totally disregarded what the REAL world is like.

I'm sorry, but it's hard to get a girl friend or boy friend when you look like shit, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, FEEL LIKE SHIT! So when people try telling me to calm down and not take it so seriously, i would honestly like to freak out on them.

I work VERY hard to keep my face clear......i've stopped eating certain foods, GAVE UP SOME OF MY FUNNEST activity's, and have totally done anything in my power to stop it. So when people who have NO CLUE on what they're talking about, tell you such nonsense, you just tell them how'd you like some of what i have? No SANE person would even go their, so hopefully they might STFU.

Sorry if i took this too seriously, but that totally pissed me off when my dermatologist told me that BS...about how i react and care too much about how i look.

Try telling a burn victim that they over-react when they refuse to go outside and interact with society when they look all deformed.