Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
french_muffin

Aftermath of glycolic 15%

I started using glycolic 15% for hyper pigmentation but on the second day i broke out. On second day i have couple of them on left side of my face and on the third day , the dormant (open comedones) have become active.

Does glycolic breaks out initially or what???

Well, I hate to say this, but anything that works will make your future problems to be surface quicker and purge. It has to surface to go away.

Every exfoliant I've used has done that. Take heart in the knowledge that it is working, & stick with it.

I would also use something like salicylic acid, or BP to treat your skin as well.

Best wishes with whatever regimen you choose.

I had an initial breakout with a glycolic 10% product. Each breakout lasted for a short time, though and healed without scarring.

It is much better to get into use of that type of product very gradually and slowly so your skin can become accustomed to it.

I started using mine every three days, then every two days, then every day. Then after about two months of daily use, backed off to every other day.

I use 50% but only once a week at the very most. I don't know how you can use it everyday because you're not allowing your skin to heal.

I bought the exact same 15 % glycolic product from lookgr8uk. I found the product to be very greasy and the morning after using it my face had loads of small non-inflamed pimples all over it. I couldn't even remember the last time I had so many spots on my face after accutane. I just discontinued with it because I can't be doing with having any active acne as well as red marks but good luck if you choose to continue with it.

I don't think i've ever broke out from using glycolic acid :confused:

I apply it using a cotton pad, leave for 3-5 minutes then neutralise. I do this once a week or every two weeks because I use the 50% concentration. During this time the skin is allowed to heal again. Every successive time I use the acid and allow it to heal, the area heals more and the redness is slowly decreasing.

I don't use the acid on any active pimples though. If you were to be treating a red mark and a pimple formed there you'd probably be back to square one so it's best to use the acid on non-active areas of skin.

I think the problem with this particular glycolic cream may possibly be the fact it is quite greasy. It didn't really sting that much or cause much irritation but maybe the fact it was a cream rather than a gel or toner may have contributed to the clogging of pores as creams tend to contain more ingredients that can cause this.

I bought the exact same 15 % glycolic product from lookgr8uk. I found the product to be very greasy and the morning after using it my face had loads of small non-inflamed pimples all over it. I couldn't even remember the last time I had so many spots on my face after accutane. I just discontinued with it because I can't be doing with having any active acne as well as red marks but good luck if you choose to continue with it.