Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've heard all about this movie, The Secret, and I'm planning to see it. It discusses laws for getting what you want; for instance, based on the law of attraction, if one is overweight, one should not contemplate and observe other people who are overweight but should instead think about and picture oneself as thin. I recently read someone point out that the reason why spots on our body (aside from body acne) clear up quickly and with no problem is because we are not thinking about them the whole day and messing with them like we do with our faces--applying and trying all different kinds of products. I don't know, just something to think about...I usually hate this kind of new age crap...

Ive watched a lot of it, and well its not much different from looking on the bright side of life

and there is one flaw and that is that you pretty much cant think of what it is you want outside "really imaginging it and experiencing it in your head". Everytime you say "oh where is my wish" or "why hasnt it happened yet" you make it not happen or make it even more unlikely.

The Secret is called marketing!

Please don't waste your money on that crap. It's pretty much become a joke.

I definitely believe it, although I do have a hard time living by it. My boyfriend is obsessed with this movie called "what the bleep- down the rabbit hole" which sort of goes hand in hand with the secret and the power of the mind. The secret is actually all based on quantum physics; if you take the time to learn it, it can really prove to be a powerful tool in showing you what human beings are really capable of. I also think it's bullshit how much money people are making off telling this 'secret' to people, but hey if people will listen then let it be..

Mind body amazing correlation. true. Not new information, but definitely bears repeating.

Ummmm.... Those in quantum physics who actually endorse the Secret are on the fringe on the science - aka John Haglin. Seriously the Secret has become a joke and has been trashed by about everyone except Oprah maybe. Recently, I even heard Deepak Chopra refer to it as "a spiritual justification of greed". My personal favorite is the section where the author tells us that the food we eat is not what makes us fat, but that we think it does which makes us fat. It's so irritating to see the ignorant get prayed upon like that:/

i own the movie, and i dont believe in it that much.

i agree if you put your mind to something and work hard at it you can get what you need, but thinking to yourself that you want it and letting vibes that control the universe dictate if you get it is kind of far fetched.

there are things ive always wanted and needed that have never come my way, and i never really want/wanted much out of the ordinary either, i dont need to be a rich corporate owner and make millions(which the video makes out as being not out of the ordinary if you put your mind to it)

funny too how if you think of bad things they come true? well.. i basically didnt even know what acne was before i got it, i never thought i had any chance of getting it, and basically it just never EVER crossed my mind at any point since i was born. But hey.. here it is just like that, and now i WANT and WORK to make it go away but it still stays..

if quantum physics are stable and are the "laws of the universe" and cannot change, then well... the makers have some explaining to do.

I am a firm believer in THE SECRET which was a short vid i saw on youtube, ive seen it before, the power of the mind, have you guys ever seen the old buddhist guy who could control his own bleeding, he slit his own wrists and stabbed himself and no blood came out..... Another thing, my acne has been shit for as long as i remember, i try to stay positive and act like i am clear, it sounds really stupid but let me tell you, when i was working 10 hour shifts at my old job, (im only 18 by the way) i would come home and myy skin would look way betta then it would when i would just sit home all day and feel like shit about my skin....

I know it sounds farfetched but honestly why not try it???? IT is also really beneficial to think positive always, if your feeling down, listen to a song that will cheer you up, stay positive things will work out for you in the end.....

Another thing, i have been washing and scrubbing the hell out of my face ever since ive had acne... Recently i discovered my sister cured hers by just using a simple face wash night and day, its called clean and clear oil free with micro scrubbers or somethin, she gave me her old bottle that was half full, or half empty, whatever you prefer, and i have just been using that and just watching what i eat.... I also keep a healthy mind, i dont really "meditate" but every night before i go to bed i just clear my mind, plz try it out....

yeah, i think that doing something that takes your mind off it and having fun helps relieve stress at the very least and certainly when i'm not acne 24/7 it seems not to breakout. but then sometimes it will . . .

Funny, my therapist actually lended me her copy of the movie. Unfortunately, though she was fully confident I'd find truth it in, all I saw was a load of bullshit. I can't see it as a good strategy to live by. Your reality would be constantly forcing yourself to believe your dreams. I own the movie now (my mom's been following it's philosophy, but I haven't seen it working out for her). Honestly, if optimism works for you, I say go for it. But my friend is one of the most pessimistic people I know about how she looks and her skin, and I've known this girl since kindergarten and never seen a single zit on her face. Got another self-conscious friend with not a zit on face. Blunt optimism has only given me headaches. Whoever produced this movie is laughing their way to the bank. Bet he didn't believe he'd make money, bet he was a bit pessimistic at first, bet he thought no one would buy this crap, but his pessimism never held him back. I doubt it would hold any of us back from having clear skin either.

I think it's trash and frankly pretty insulting to those suffering from tragedies. Part of life is acknowledging the light and the dark and working with both. This is pure snake oil. I'm all for thinking positive and working towards things, but these people are saying that if you just visualize something, it's yours.

And they say if it doesn't work you're just not trying hard enough or it's not "meant to be"

I think it's trash and frankly pretty insulting to those suffering from tragedies. Part of life is acknowledging the light and the dark and working with both. This is pure snake oil. I'm all for thinking positive and working towards things, but these people are saying that if you just visualize something, it's yours.

And they say if it doesn't work you're just not trying hard enough or it's not "meant to be"

I am a firm believer in THE SECRET which was a short vid i saw on youtube, ive seen it before, the power of the mind, have you guys ever seen the old buddhist guy who could control his own bleeding, he slit his own wrists and stabbed himself and no blood came out..... Another thing, my acne has been shit for as long as i remember, i try to stay positive and act like i am clear, it sounds really stupid but let me tell you, when i was working 10 hour shifts at my old job, (im only 18 by the way) i would come home and myy skin would look way betta then it would when i would just sit home all day and feel like shit about my skin....

I know it sounds farfetched but honestly why not try it???? IT is also really beneficial to think positive always, if your feeling down, listen to a song that will cheer you up, stay positive things will work out for you in the end.....

Another thing, i have been washing and scrubbing the hell out of my face ever since ive had acne... Recently i discovered my sister cured hers by just using a simple face wash night and day, its called clean and clear oil free with micro scrubbers or somethin, she gave me her old bottle that was half full, or half empty, whatever you prefer, and i have just been using that and just watching what i eat.... I also keep a healthy mind, i dont really "meditate" but every night before i go to bed i just clear my mind, plz try it out....

Not quiet pure snake oil, some great concepts waste deep in bullshit yeah.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/07/...&frame=true

Thinking positively and utilizing visualization and forms of hypnosis isn't going to drop a winning lottery ticket in your lap or land you a date with [insert model etc] and its not going to keep you from being hit by a car or getting cancer. But is it going to affect how stressed you feel or how well you perform in a given activity, or how much oil your body is producing? for some people yes.

The Secret certainly does an excellent job of taking well documented and researched and PROVEN concepts and slathering them up to be some kind of magic gimmick but the reality of it is that you can have an affect on your body through your mind, but as i said don't get me wrong that mansion you want isn't going to come out of thin air all i'm saying is that don't dismiss a great tool because someone decided to base a horrible fairy tail out of it.

The secret is sort of like some horror movies. Based on fact. At the root there is something there but its less about some ancient magic secret bullshit and more about the affect you can have on your own body through various forms of repeated mindful thought.

Anyone who does or doesn't believe in the secret and the power of your mind should really watch that movie I mentioned earlier called "what the bleep;down the rabbit hole". This movie IS based on quantum physics, and the men and women who are interviewed have REAL degrees and know their shit, pardon my french.

In a section of this film, a woman is presenting different pictures of the chemical composition of water. One picture she is showing has been blessed by a holy man, and another has been "told" by someone that it is gross, disgusting, useless, hideous, etc. You will see for yourself that the mind has a POWERFUL effect on water, and can actually change its physical composition. The water blessed by a holy man resembles a beautiful snowflake, with intricate patters and designs that are remarkable. The water that is told hateful remarks looks unorganized, unclean, scattered, just awful in general. Considering how much of the human body is made of water, this is a pretty big discovery..I definitely recommend picking this movie up, it's a real eye-opener.

I do believe in the laws of attraction that books like The Secret talk about. It's supposed to be based on quantum physics indeed. All the molecules in the universe are somehow connected. In fact, it's 3 days now that I've started some distant energy healing -as I mentioned in the diet/holistic logs- which is also based on quantum physics. I haven't developed a new spot since then! We'll see how it goes in the next few weeks, though.

As water has been mentioned, you might also be interested in the work of this Japanese scientist who managed to take photos of water crystals. They actually respond to words, phrases and music! When the meaning of the words is positive, beautiful crystals form; when it's negative they are deformed or don't form at all! I bought the book and it's really interesting. Here's the website: https://www.hado.net/watercrystals/index.php